Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

teacher

All Star
Daps
That's the bad writing part I was talking about, breh. Why did Walt take that gun in the first place? You guys really expect me to believe Walt thought Mike was gonna kill him at that point? :aicmon: After spending a whole couple episodes getting out of the game and making that explicitly clear to his former partners in crime, he's going to kill the fukking brother in law of the DEA agent that's on his ass? That's how Mike is going to exit the game? :stopitslime: At that point, Mike was the least dangerous to Walt then he'd ever been. Mike could have genuinely killed Walt multiple times this season already, and Walt never reacted as scared as the normal person would because he knew he had some leverage and that Mike was a reasonable guy. Getting out of the game was not going to magically make Mike reckless enough to kill Walt. I'm willing to say that Walt maybe was pushed to kill him because of his ego in the end, but the premeditation was there as far as killing Mike being an option in the first place. That scene would be executed much better minus the lamentation about being able to get the list from Lydia. That's Walt's true Breaking Bad moment. The forced and illogical remorse does nothing for the scene.

:what:

Who says walt is worried about Mike Killing him? Walt took the gun so he can Kill Mike or at least Coerce him to give up the names... again :what:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:what:

Who says walt is worried about Mike Killing him? Walt took the gun so he can Kill Mike or at least Coerce him to give up the names... again :what:

I wasn't referring to you when I said "you guys", my bad. Only the first sentence was referring to you. People in this thread are saying Walt took the gun for protection from Mike.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The last scene makes perfect sense, people's misinterpretation of the scene is what doesn't make sense.

We can sit here as viewers and rationalize why Mike wouldn't kill Walt, but as a character, why would Walt gamble with his life like that?

There is no Gale to kill....there is no security camera footage to distract Mike....there is no $300 mill worth of methylamine at risk....there is no Jesse to intercede on Walt's behalf.

Walt's obviously scared and nervous in that final scene. Look at the way he steps back when Mike approaches him....he's clearly expecting Mike to do something.

But Mike doesn't. He takes the bag and walks away. In addition to not helping Walt with the list, he won't even acknowledge that Walt just helped him out.

That's why Mike died. He bruised Walt's ego. I don't understand how the scene can be read any other way. If Walt wanted to kill Mike he could've shot him in the back as he walked away....he didn't, he yelled "you're welcome!", because that's why he went there. The name of the ep is "Say My Name", Walt expected Mike to be all on his dikk, and he wasn't.

Fred.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
on42S.gif

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Mike blamed all of the fukkery on Walt and people don't see why he "could" want to kill him in that last scene? Or why Walt might have had that thought in the back of his head when he met him and saw the gun in his bag?

Look at what was going on with Mike at the time.

He just had to abandon his granddaughter
He realized all the cash he was putting away for her was gone
He never just shook off Walt killing Gus
He never liked Walt and never respected him

Mike had plenty of reasons why he could have wanted to kill Walt IMO.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
One more thing, somebody said "why would Mike kill Walt at this point, the brother of a DEA agent, and bring more heat onto himself?".

Which is :what: because Mike is wanted for being a key member in a $96 mill a year drug ring. He could kill the president right now and it wouldn't affect his legal situation one bit, he's going to jail for the rest of his life anyway.

Also, the only people that would know Mike did it is Saul and Jesse. Hank has no reason to think they know each other, and Skylar doesn't even know Mike exists.

Fred.

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One more thing, somebody said "why would Mike kill Walt at this point, the brother of a DEA agent, and bring more heat onto himself?".

Which is :what: because Mike is wanted for being a key member in a $96 mill a year drug ring. He could kill the president right now and it wouldn't affect his legal situation one bit, he's going to jail for the rest of his life anyway.

Also, the only people that would know Mike did it is Saul and Jesse. Hank has no reason to think they know each other, and Skylar doesn't even know Mike exists.

Fred.
Not to mention walt saw mike shake hands with jessie while ignoring him and mike could kill walt to help jesse out.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
The last scene makes perfect sense, people's misinterpretation of the scene is what doesn't make sense.

We can sit here as viewers and rationalize why Mike wouldn't kill Walt, but as a character, why would Walt gamble with his life like that?

There is no Gale to kill....there is no security camera footage to distract Mike....there is no $300 mill worth of methylamine at risk....there is no Jesse to intercede on Walt's behalf.

Walt's obviously scared and nervous in that final scene. Look at the way he steps back when Mike approaches him....he's clearly expecting Mike to do something.

But Mike doesn't. He takes the bag and walks away. In addition to not helping Walt with the list, he won't even acknowledge that Walt just helped him out.

That's why Mike died. He bruised Walt's ego. I don't understand how the scene can be read any other way. If Walt wanted to kill Mike he could've shot him in the back as he walked away....he didn't, he yelled "you're welcome!", because that's why he went there. The name of the ep is "Say My Name", Walt expected Mike to be all on his dikk, and he wasn't.

Fred.

How does a person go from a bruised ego to just killing somebody in cold blood? There were plenty of times where Mike 'bruised his ego' and he didn't kill him then did he.

Clearly Walt had killing Mike on the top of his mind, but would make that decision based on whatever convo they had. If it was a satisfactory convo he might not have done anything. Mike just accelerated what was already on Heisenberg's brain by pissing him off.

TdashDUB

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Austin
How does a person go from a bruised ego to just killing somebody in cold blood? There were plenty of times where Mike 'bruised his ego' and he didn't kill him then didn't he.

Clearly Walt had killing Mike on the top of his mind, but would make that decision based on whatever convo they had. If was a satisfactory convo he might not have done anything. Mike just accelerated what was already on Heisenberg's brain by pissing him off.

It's called the straw that broke the camel's back bruh

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
How does a person go from a bruised ego to just killing somebody in cold blood? There were plenty of times where Mike 'bruised his ego' and he didn't kill him then didn't he.

Clearly Walt had killing Mike on the top of his mind, but would make that decision based on whatever convo they had. If was a satisfactory convo he might not have done anything. Mike just accelerated what was already on Heisenberg's brain by pissing him off.

There is no other point in the series where Walt has helped Mike so much, and received nothing but disrespect in return.

In this ep Walt secured Mike's $5 mill, warned him about the DEA coming for him, and brought him his go-bag and money. The scene showed Mike would never respect him, no matter what he did.

So yeah, that's why it's a little deeper than any other time Mike "bruised his ego". This is the last time they'd interact with each other.

And it wasn't a satisfactory conversation and Walt still let him take the bag from him, turn his back, and walk away after refusing to hand over the list of names.

So if killing Mike was anywhere in his thought process why didn't he do it then? He blurted out "you're welcome!" because all he wanted was a "thank you". He wanted respect from Mike, for once.

I don't even understand how this is a topic of discussion. If killing Mike was at "the top of his mind" he had a full 5 minute scene to do it. He barely did it, at the ass-end of the scene, and then immediately regretted it as "something that could've been avoided".

What are people seeing in this scene? I honestly don't get it.

Fred.