Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Walt didn't go there to kill Mike. If he did he would've shot him after he refused to give the names and walked away with the bag. He had the gun because Mike has threatened him several times and if he really wanted to kill Walt this would be the last chance he'd get.

Walt went there on some "I'll save the day" shyt. He wanted props from Mike the whole ep....he even said "you aren't gonna say thanks?" at the beginning of the ep.

So he offered to go get the bag so Mike would be indebted to him....maybe finally say "thanks Walt, you're the man". This is obvious because after Mike won't give the names, Walt doesn't shoot him....he lets him walk away, then yells "your welcome!". He was waiting for a "thank you" that never happened.

After that Mike sons Walt, then Walt kills him. Not only did Mike not say thank you, he shyt on him, so Walt acted impulsively and killed him.

Which is why Walt showed regret, it didn't have to escalate into all that. :wtf: at people thinking Walt went there with the intention of killing him. If that was the case he never would've said he was sorry.

Fred.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I agree with a lot of that, but he was definitely considering it as an option, to me, at least. He took the gun to kill him, if he wouldn't give up the names. So, when Mike blew him off, and wouldn't give him the names, he went with the plan he was considering all along. As soon as he realized Mike might get caught, and cooperate, he was probably thinking better to kill him.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Walt didn't go there to kill Mike. If he did he would've shot him after he refused to give the names and walked away with the bag. He had the gun because Mike has threatened him several times and if he really wanted to kill Walt this would be the last chance he'd get.

Walt went there on some "I'll save the day" shyt. He wanted props from Mike the whole ep....he even said "you aren't gonna say thanks?" at the beginning of the ep.

So he offered to go get the bag so Mike would be indebted to him....maybe finally say "thanks Walt, you're the man". This is obvious because after Mike won't give the names, Walt doesn't shoot him....he let's him walk away, then yells "your welcome!". He was waiting for a "thank you" that never happened.

After that Mike sons Walt, then Walt kills him. Not only did Mike not say thank you, he shyt on him, so Walt acted impulsively and killed him.

Which is why Walt showed regret, it didn't have to escalate into all that. :wtf: at people thinking Walt went there with the intention of killing him. If that was the case he never would've said he was sorry.

Fred.

I feel you, but there had to be some level of premeditation for him to grab the gun and none of the money. Why would he grab the gun? Your reasoning doesn't make too much sense imo. I know it wasn't a plot to murder mike but there was something sinister there.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Even tho he didnt intend to, I think subconsciously Walt knew what time it was

He has the "lay down or stay down" mentality in full effect. He had been butting heads with Mike since the beginning

His pride was hurt by Mike not thanking him and then sh1tting on him for killing Gus, which stopped him from realizing that Lydia had the names as well. Walts otherwise sharp mind, was hindered by his irrational ego

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The death of Mike is kinda symbolic

His meticulous attention-to-detail and perfectionism (along with Gus) were rivaled only by Walt and his perfect product

However, Mike is classic in the sense that he believes there is a "way" and an "order" to all of the madness. He will kill a hundred men, but chances are, they had it coming AND everything is done according to a "code"

He knows his position and he plays it. You can tell when him and Jesse were bonding while working under Gus, Mike didnt exactly LIKE everything Gus was doing but never said it outright. Instead, he brokered a meeting for Jesse to voice his concerns to Gus

Mike and Walt are like perfect opposites, who are very similar in execution, but destined to clash because of their different outlooks. Mike, a mass murderer, still seems to have an ethical code and be able to distingush RIGHT from WRONG in ways that reach beyond his own self-interest. Walter is basically a greedy child in this regard

Its like: Grumpy old-man who knows his place VS Grumpy old-man who is delusional and thinks hes Nino Brown

The death of Mike, is kinda like the end of ORDER in this show. Todd is basically a maniac, and Jesse doesnt have his heart in it...

It reminds me of when Bunny Colvin and Wee-Bey were talking about how the game they knew, that still had a shred of integrity, was dead and a new rotten breed (Marlo and co) had taken over

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The death of Mike is kinda symbolic

His meticulous attention-to-detail and perfectionism (along with Gus) were rivaled only by Walt and his perfect product

However, Mike is classic in the sense that he believes there is a "way" and an "order" to all of the madness. He will kill a hundred men, but chances are, they had it coming AND everything is done according to a "code"

He knows his position and he plays it. You can tell when him and Jesse were bonding while working under Gus, Mike didnt exactly LIKE everything Gus was doing but never said it outright. Instead, he brokered a meeting for Jesse to voice his concerns to Gus

Mike and Walt are like perfect opposites, who are very similar in execution, but destined to clash because of their different outlooks. Mike, a mass murderer, still seems to have an ethical code and be able to distingush RIGHT from WRONG in a ways that reach beyond his own self-interest. Walter is basically a greedy child in this regard

The death of Mike, is kinda like the end of ORDER in this show. Todd is basically a maniac, and Jesse doesnt have his heart in it...

I was about to post the exact thing. Mike is everything Walt wants to be and in the end Walt's ego got the best of him. Walt wanted to have that perfection and order Gus and Mike had but with him and Jesse. I can't wait until this week's episode when Jesse finds out Mike got killed :mj:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel you, but there had to be some level of premeditation for him to grab the gun and none of the money. Why would he grab the gun? Your reasoning doesn't make too much sense imo. I know it wasn't a plot to murder mike but there was something sinister there.

So you're telling me, if you had to meet a guy out in the middle of nowhere, a guy that wanted to kill you 2-3x, you wouldn't take a gun if the opportunity presented itself?

Everything I said makes perfect sense. He could've shot Mike when he stepped to him and took the bag out of his hands....he didn't. He could've shot Mike when he walked away with the bag....he didn't.

What did he do instead? Said "you're welcome", because that's why he went there. To put Mike in a position where he needed Walt's help, so he could bow down and say "Walt, you're the man".

But he didn't.

Then he shyt on him. The scene is 5 minutes long, Walt has numerous chances to shoot him, almost doesn't, finally decides to, then regrets it.

It's obvious he never intended to kill Mike, which make it even worse, because as Walt says it was completely avoidable.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He took the gun to ensure that after he gave the bag to Mike that it wasn't used on him.

He probably thought about it some as he took it, but it really wasn't decided until he got into with Mike at the end.

I see where they both were coming from though, cause in Mike's eyes, Walt basically caused him to never see his granddaughter again, and lose all the cash he had put away from her.

:to:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Walt did go there with the intention to kill Mike...but as always he was battling his demons between wimpy chem teacher Walt and thug kingpin Heisenberg.

Mike pushed him over the edge with the never-ending disrespect...and Heisenberg won the battle. Wimpy chem teacher Walt made an appearance in the end after it was done.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Even tho he didnt intend to, I think subconsciously Walt knew what time it was

He has the "lay down or stay down" mentality in full effect. He had been butting heads with Mike since the beginning

His pride was hurt by Mike not thanking him and then sh1tting on him for killing Gus, which stopped him from realizing that Lydia had the names as well. Walts otherwise sharp mind, was hindered by his irrational ego

True, but you don't become boss by NOT having an ego. Gus had it, those cartel bosses had it, Salamanca had it...they all have it and it's all their downfall. But its a double-edged sword cuz it's the only way to be on top also.

Walt owned that meeting cuz he knows he's the best cook in the country. Like every other business it's ruled by profits and he knew them cats wouldn't turn down the opportunity of getting that pure blue. I killed Gus, I'm the best cook, acknowledge me and my greatness. He's looking at everything from a business standpoint. Look at how he talked to Jesse, Sky and Mike. Mike was the one taking everything personal "you killed Gus..blah blah"

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Last episode is called "Gliding over all" Gliding o'er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul—not life alone,
Death, many deaths I'll sing.

Leaves of Grass - Walt Whitman

• Dap