Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah the laundry guy told Mike he'd do the time with or without the money, because he's a stand up guy. Maybe he was lying but I didn't get that vibe from him.

The problem is that list would have a weak link, and that person would snitch on everyone else.

Fred.

Of course he going to say that lol what he going to say im a snitch ? He's snitching next week it looks like but it looks like he's doing time just for running the laundry he don't seem bout that life

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
A big part of the reason I respect the show is because they have the balls to write themselves into corners all the time. They knew they had to get Walt to kill Mike, and even if the route was a little sloppy, it worked.

This show has established a level of realism where you don't ave to suspend your disbelief all of the time, but every now and then you have to do it. Some people may call it lazy writing, but I respect the fukk out of their decision to come up with ballsy conclusions and then solve the maze afterwards.

Like the 52 diner scene. They don't even know exactly how he got there yet, or where he's going with the gun, but dammit, they planted the flag and they're running with it.

I fukk with that. I agree with you though. Mike has done some half measures this season, but I just tell myself it's a TV show and I enjoy it. :obama:

Listening to the podcast, no tv show writes in order. Which I find strange. It's not a book, you write the beginning to the end, then go back and make changes.....

They might write the last scene of ep 1, then the third scene of ep 3, then the 2nd scene of ep 1, then the 5th scene of ep 5. And with seasons it's the same. They finish a season and shoot it and go on break. They don't even write out that next episode or nothing till they all come back

That's crazy because some shows are great at answering everything and coming back to shyt. Others are completely fukked and u see horrible changes or details forgotten episode to episode, season to season

Breaking bad has always been great at keeping it all together

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Youre not supposed to(tax purposes,etc..) store American money in safe deposit boxes especially over 10k. IRS will be all over it ...if you get caught like the lawyer did by the dea. The only thing the dea shouldve been able to do was seize the money and handoff the lawyer to the IRS so he could prove it was his and get taxed on it and deal with the consequences.

The whole thing comes off as the lawyer being harassed by the dea which makes him practicing law and turning snitch so quick seem very stupid and lazy.

Other countries money though? :pachaha: mike should've paid the goons with euros :rip:

You're conveniently forgetting that if the money stops flowing 9 guys start snitching. The sole reason they didn't when Gus's accounts got seized is because Mike went and personally met with them.

So the lawyer fighting the case isn't going to accomplish anything. That's why he copped out early, to distance himself from the clusterfukk of those 9 guys not getting their money.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't think Mike was paying them for the sole reason to keep them from snitching. He is a loyal guy and he probably knows their families, etc. He doesn't want to leave them with nothing. They probably been through a lot of shyt together.

One thing though.. if the lawyer is shaky how didn't Mike realize it and why couldn't Mike have used Saul?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think Mike was paying them for the sole reason to keep them from snitching. He is a loyal guy and he probably knows their families, etc. He doesn't want to leave them with nothing. They probably been through a lot of shyt together.

One thing though.. if the lawyer is shaky how didn't Mike realize it and why couldn't Mike have used Saul?

Saul is shaky too. You're acting like Gale ain't dead because Saul gave Mike bad info on where Jesse was. Mike ain't really fukked with Saul that much since season 3.

As far as the rest of what you said, I agree, but like Lydia said, all it takes is one weak link. I'm sure he was doing it out of loyalty and so they wouldn't snitch.

Fred.

Ronald

Daps
I think they'll go back to future Walt and the M60 in the next episode

prolly not the whole thing, but maybe the opening or end

Ronald

Daps
Don't know if this is legit

I recently asked a friend who is in a position to know if the supposed spoilers posted at ***** were true. He asked "Do you really want to know what happens in the last episode of the season?" Long story short, I said no... but with some obvious lingering yearning and curiosity to know something. He said "It's a bloodbath. And a cliffhanger."

I also asked him for something specific but not really all that spoilery to sort of use as retroactive proof that I'm not full of shyt. He said that in the final episode, there's a scene where Skyler brings Walt to a storage unit with an "uncountable" amount of money inside. Skyler says the line, "It would take ten lifetimes to spend this amount of money."

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I miss out on this thread. I'm a huge big Breaking Bad fan.

Here's my theory. Walt tried to rationalize the whole situation to himself and others by with the 9 names, but deep down he wanted to kill Mike regardless due to his ego and anger over Mike having no respect for him. You look at this whole season, and Mike was the only character that didn't fall for any of Walt's sh*t. In every other character's case, Walt has either been able to strike fear in them (Saul, Skyler, Lydia), manipulate them (Jesse, Hank, Marie, even Declan), or been loved or respected by them (Walt Jr., Todd). Mike didn't have any of that for him. He still looked at Walt like the weak p*ssy ass chemistry teacher even after he killed Gus and that really bothered Walt.

Walt wanted to be recognized as the next Gus Fring, and for whatever reason getting Mike's validation would achieve that, but Mike told him multiple times throughout the season that he wasn't Gus Fring. And you look at this episode, and throughout the episode, Walt is looking for Mike's approval. First, at their headquarters he's expecting a more warm goodbye and some gratitude from Mike, but Mike just brushes him off, then he looks through the blinds and sees Mike shaking Jesse's hand and he's looking on almost like he's jealous. Then in that final scene, he yells "YOU'RE WELCOME" at him.

I also think he was still fearful of Mike, and Mike may have been the only person Walt was still fearful of, and that may have been another reason why he killed him. You look at that whole scene, if Walt getting the names was his primary objective, he would've threatened Mike right away. He would've given Mike a chance to change his mind about giving the names with a gun pointing at him. Thats what cold calculating criminals would usually do if they're doing something just for business and not out of emotion. Instead, he just lets Mike walk right up to him and snatch the bag out of his hand, barely putting up any fight. I suspect part of the reason for that was cause he's scared of Mike and didn't want to risk getting into a shootout with him since he's alot more skilled in that aspect and/or the 9 names wasn't the main issue. It explains the indecisive coward move he did by initially going back to his car then blindsiding Mike at the end when he shot him.

I think his remorse maybe due to the fact that he just realized that this was the first death on his watch that was completely unnecessary. As brutal as every other death was, including the kid's death, they were all done to protect himself or someone he cared about, or protect the business. I don't buy that Walt is completely bad and will ever be. There probably is still a little bit of a human side to him, even if it is very little.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saul is shaky too. You're acting like Gale ain't dead because Saul gave Mike bad info on where Jesse was. Mike ain't really fukked with Saul that much since season 3.

As far as the rest of what you said, I agree, but like Lydia said, all it takes is one weak link. I'm sure he was doing it out of loyalty and so they wouldn't snitch.

Fred.

Didn't saul do that to help Jesee and walt??Saul has called to warn hank , had huell steal the ricin , took care of Ted he's def not anywhere as shaky as that guy he would of done those money drops in person like he was doing lawyer business . I think of anything it was cause he's loyal to Walt and mike didn't want to trust him :yeshrug: maybe in his next life hell know better call ... fukk it he's dead Long live heisenberg :russ:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Walt's a dikk and jesse is probably gonna end up getting fukked over at the conclusion of the series. hank will def catch/kill walt or walt will end up killing hank on the sly

:pacspit: fukk walt

really hope jesse gets away clean :sadcam:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Walt's a dikk and jesse is probably gonna end up getting fukked over at the conclusion of the series. hank will def catch/kill walt or walt will end up killing hank on the sly

:pacspit: fukk walt

really hope jesse gets away clean :sadcam:

No kind sir fukk you Heisenberg the king :skip::pacspit: Now say thank you