Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Gomie's smirk was the best :laugh:

Why did Mike leave his granddaughter? I need to go back and watch. They had him surrounded but she means the world to him. What's the reasoning behind his decision to bail?

They was about to arrest that dude and probably deny him bail if one of his guys flipped while he was locked up. So he fled. He knew the cips would take her home, so peace out:cape: he had to go. That made more sense than him putting 5mil in an american bank.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

Why did Mike leave his granddaughter? I need to go back and watch. They had him surrounded but she means the world to him. What's the reasoning behind his decision to bail?

he didnt want her to see him getting into it with the cops. he didnt want her last memory of him to be that. He prolly didnt want that to be his last memory of her.

thats the game. that movie Heat touched on it.

you gotta be willing to drop it and move.

Daps
:wtf: how does this show accomplish being predictable and surprising at the same damn time :damn:

Mike leaving money for his granddaughter, Walt seeing the gun... You know it was over for Mike..

When Mike turned his back on Walt and walked to the car... I thought that was it... Nope...

Then Walt runs to the car, im expecting a head shot.... Nope...

THEN the car crashes and you expect him dead.... Nope....

He escapes and in your mind you think "AW HELL, ITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN, MIKE DON'T PLAY!"

Nope, Mike is content and ready to go

His granddaughter is set for life
, "fukk it lemme go quietly because Im sure you'll get yours Walt":manny:

They know how to play with their audience

you sure bout that...i would of thought DEA seized that up when they scooped up the lawyer:ufdup:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

Ok so they can make hank get totally demolished by the twinks... And be able to find a bullet . Put it in a gun and kill one of the twins in oh .... About 90secOnds...

Dude u got good opinions on this show but if people dont agree with your opinion u really try to prove them wrong....

:wtf:

You're acting as if Mike ain't twice the age of Hank. I know people think Mike is Solid Snake or some shyt because he's pulled off some slick shyt, but he's damn near 70 years old.

Fred.

Daps
:childplease:

Ok so they can make hank get totally demolished by the twinks... And be able to find a bullet . Put it in a gun and kill one of the twins in oh .... About 90secOnds...

Dude u got good opinions on this show but if people dont agree with your opinion u really try to prove them wrong....

ya, hex i agree with a lot of the stuff you say but I do think that scene was just put in to signify that Mike has sort of given up and acknowledged that Walt won.

nah hex is right with this... dude got shot in the stomach, didnt have the energy to fight back....Think about it, He gets shot by Walt and he just gonna sit there and let it be?.. I mean this muthafukka WALT made Mike's life a living hell once Gus was gone... He had the DEA on his ass which ultimately led to ALL his money(Drug money, blood money)he has given to Kaylee to be seized, essentially ruining her life in the process as well... You best believe if Mike could of he would of let off a shot on Walt.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, he HAD to bring Jesse back because Jesse's punk ass was threatening to bankrupt Hank and dime Walt out to the DEA.

Even with all that said Walt didn't fukk up anything. Gus was looking to do away with Walt the entire time. Keep in mind Gus told the cartel he'd give them Walt once he finished up his contract.

Mike was just being a crying ass bytch. Like I said earlier if Mike had to blame anybody for the downfall of Gus' empire it was Jesse. Everything Walt did during that situation was for his own survival.

Walt brought in Jesse to keep his junkie ass quiet.

Walt had Gayle killed because Gus was looking to kill Walt and replace him with Gayle (who Walt had been unwittingly training).

Walt had to manipulate Jesse because Jesse turned on Walt just because Mike and Gus gave him a little pat on the back to keep his junkie ass in control.

Walt killed Gus' because Gus made it clear he was going to eventually kill Walt whenever Jesse "Came around"

Gus was never going to give Walt to the cartel. He purposely put the cousins off Walt onto Hank to start the DEA beefing with the cartels. Why? Because he planned on severing ties with them.

If Walt kept his head down there is zero reason to think Gus would kill him. He gave him an open-ended offer of $15 mill a year when he said he wanted out the game.

The rift between Gus and Walt started when he killed Gus's two goons. Prior to that Gus was friendly to Walt....invited him to dinner, told him "let me help you excel in this business", etc.

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
What the hell do you mean it is better to die and keep your respect?
I never said that

I am thinking Mike wants to provide for his grand kid because clearly, his son is dead and the mother can't properly provide for the kid. That is the whole reason for him doing all that dirt, all he had to do was talk it out, he could gone on the run, provided console to the group for a fee, he went way out of his way to start trouble with Walt, being a bytch and alive to provide for my family, yeah i will take that any day than being dead and not being able to a damn thing.
You really think, at dude's age, and the amount of heat had at him at the point that he was ever going to really be able to provide for Kaylee? :comeon:

Let's be realistic, Gus Fring was the best thing to ever happen to Mike and Walt came in and fukked it all up. You can disagree with the degree to which Mike believes this, but you can't say he's wrong cause he's not. The entire reason he got with Walt was to make up for the mess that Walt created....but that fell through the cracks so, does he really owe Walt anything?
:yeshrug:
You hate Walt so much that you would provoke a man to kill you, a man you know is dangerous and smart, Walt held all the cards here, he gave Mike the info to run, he could have let get caught, he gave him the bag, he wanted the names of the other guys and out of loyalty to them, you going to betray your own family:stopitslime: Any body in that position would have given up the 9 and lived to provide for his family.

I don't even hate Walt tho :dwillhuh:
And you keep saying shyt that's not true. Walt IS NOT Mike's family. Gus and that whole organization was Mike's family. And Walt killed that. Why aren't you getting that?

Now if you're telling me all this to say, "the logical thing for Mike to do was just play to Walt's ego," then I won't argue with you. I would've done it...most of us would've done it. But if you're argument was that "Mike was wrong to say what he did" or "to not give Walt what he wanted" then I can't cosign that.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gus was never going to give Walt to the cartel. He purposely put the cousins off Walt onto Hank to start the DEA beefing with the cartels. Why? Because he planned on severing ties with them.

If Walt kept his head down there is zero reason to think Gus would kill him. He gave him an open-ended offer of $15 mill a year when he said he wanted out the game.

The rift between Gus and Walt started when he killed Gus's two goons. Prior to that Gus was friendly to Walt....invited him to dinner, told him "let me help you excel in this business", etc.

Fred.

When they were making dinner, Gus even gave Walt a knife and turned his back on him.

Gus' only problem with Walt at the time was his loyalty to someone he saw as unreliable, Jesse.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What the hell do you mean it is better to die and keep your respect? I am thinking Mike wants to provide for his grand kid because clearly, his son is dead and the mother can't properly provide for the kid. That is the whole reason for him doing all that dirt, all he had to do was talk it out, he could gone on the run, provided console to the group for a fee, he went way out of his way to start trouble with Walt, being a bytch and alive to provide for my family, yeah i will take that any day than being dead and not being able to a damn thing. You hate Walt so much that you would provoke a man to kill you, a man you know is dangerous and smart, Walt held all the cards here, he gave Mike the info to run, he could have let get caught, he gave him the bag, he wanted the names of the other guys and out of loyalty to them, you going to betray your own family:stopitslime: Any body in that position would have given up the 9 and lived to provide for his family.

:what:

Mike providing for his family was done....it was never going to happen. He was leaving forever. The DEA is gonna monitor his grand daughter until the sun burns out, even if he was alive, so they ain't ever getting money from him.

So I don't understand what you're saying. Mike didn't give the names because that's his people....Walt is not his people. In addition to never being able to see his grand daughter again, nor provide for her, you want the man to hand over a list of his homies to be murked by a man he don't even like?

The fukk? :huhldup:

Fred.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Maybe hes thinking its in her best interests for her to not see that side of him.

In the event, that he is caught or killed, she will have a better memory of him. Shes a child and he wouldnt be able to explain that stuff to her. Also, she would bear the guilt of everything he did. If he found her later at a shelter or something, he could explain that it was an accident of some sort

Or, maybe its pride. He ran a greater risk of getting caught if he went and grabbed her off the swing

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
By the way why would a lawyer snitch ? SMh and that quickly ? They had no warrant and shouldn't of been following him Saul would of ate them alive . They were on a fishing expedition and all that shyt would be thrown out with a good lawyer right ? And the laundry guy seemed like he wouldve snitched no matter what 2 mil in the bank or not and really outside of killing him mike was powerless to stop him from snitching that's why the legacy cost was dumb in the first place

Nah the laundry guy told Mike he'd do the time with or without the money, because he's a stand up guy. Maybe he was lying but I didn't get that vibe from him.

The problem is that list would have a weak link, and that person would snitch on everyone else.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And thats why I feel this is the worst season. Mike has been out of character all season. Loose end after loose end. Even putting the money back in the bank seemed out of character. Had to be another way to give his people money. How many millions did the feds take from dude?:what:

Fool me once, but a second damn time :damn:

This season seems forced. Still entertaing tho

Mike should've killed Walt as soon as he seen him. That's the only out of character thing I've seen.

But if he did that there's no show, so :manny:

Aside from that, I don't understand how people can say he's out of character when we've never seen his character have to deal with circumstances like this season. Keep in mind Gus was the brains of that operation, Mike was just the muscle. Nothing we've seen prior to this season indicated Mike was especially smart on the business aspects of drug dealing.

Fred.

HALLOWEEN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
http://i32.tinypic.com/ejvi9e.gif
Lydia is also being slept on imo, I remember Mike saying that she was trouble at least 3 times this season and she tried to get Mike popped to save her ass. bytches = trouble in real life and on TV.

That nikka Todd better stay in his lane though, he look sneaky as fukk... Walt can't be that stupid to teach him the whole recipe right??

i dont think he did... he probably bullshytted him just in case he tried cooking it on his own on some :troll: shyt...

.....what if Todd is working for the other guys which would be a good reason to let walt live in the beginning of the episode :lolbron: