Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Gale's brother wasn't a DEA agent. Gale didn't have cancer, Gale wasn't wanted by the cartel.
If the DEA thing was a factor, he would've never let Walt in in the first place

I don't see how the cancer thing is a factor if it means dude will possibly die anyway

The cartel thing is definitely not a factor since Gus didn't fukk with them anyway. Oh wait, Gus took out the cartel so that he could kill Walt himself?
:comeon:
So walt should have just let Gus and mike kill him right?

:snoop:
This was already answered

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If the DEA thing was a factor, he would've never let Walt in in the first place

I don't see how the cancer thing is a factor if it means dude will possibly die anyway

The cartel thing is definitely not a factor since Gus didn't fukk with them anyway. Oh wait, Gus took out the cartel so that he could kill Walt himself?
:comeon:

:snoop:
This was already answered
:aicmon:

Breh, Gus didn't know about Hank being Walt's brother in law until he went and visited the DEA's office to see Mercker (sp?). Hank had a jar asking for donations with Walt's mug on that bytch.

Gus peeped it and slickly asked Hank if Walt was an agent..."Oh is this an agent of yours?" And Hank told him that it was his brother who's been diagnosed with cancer.

At that moment Gus was already thinking about plan B.

You don't think it was suspect for Gus to plan on having Walt work for him for 3 months? When he killed his dealers that just escalated the process.

On Site

Pro
Daps
Gale's brother wasn't a DEA agent. Gale didn't have cancer, Gale wasn't wanted by the cartel.

None of this matters... until the shyt with the 2 dealers went down it's clear Gus had no plans of getting rid of Walt. If he did then why would he allow Walt to replace Gale as his lab assistant with a junky with no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever? It's not like Victor or Tyrus we're overseeing the cooks and taking note of the steps at that time either.

Yeah the cartel wanted Walt dead but Gus was already planning on moving on them at that point. The shyt with the negotiations and giving the twins a pass to kill Hank we're designed to buy Walt more time until they got dealt with.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Breh, Gus didn't know about Hank being Walt's brother in law until he went and visited the DEA's office to see Mercker (sp?). Hank had a jar asking for donations with Walt's mug on that bytch.

Gus peeped it and slickly asked Hank if Walt was an agent..."Oh is this an agent of yours?" And Hank told him that it was his brother who's been diagnosed with cancer.

You don't think it was suspect for Gus to plan on having Walt work fo
r him for 3 months? When he killed his dealers that just escalated the process.

So you're saying....Gus found out that Walt's brother was in the DEA...........and then offers him a deal for 3 months......to kill him?

:what:

You're gonna have to explain to me this overly complicated scheme that you think Gus had. Considering the only plausible reason to offer Walt that deal (and then kill him) would be to steal his formula. But Walt made sure Gus couldn't steal it....and Gus still allowed him to live. So.....?

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
tumblr_m9fi3b7ais1qie0ivo1_500.jpg

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're putting too much on the Gus Fring thing, and not enough on Walt's ego. That scene put on display that Mike understood what Walt was about more than anybody else. He knew that Gus didn't have to die.

And now that I think about it more....(read after the next quote)

I had to think about this more. Mike is actually completely right.....because Walt is actually the person who forced Gus' hand to bring Jesse in. Everyone knew that Jesse was gonna fukk shyt up because he was a junkie. Walt still made up a reason to get Jesse to cook with him, and kick Gale out.

I had actually forgotten about that piece of information. We all like to think it's always been Walt & Jesse, but the fact of the matter is...if Walt had played his position, everyone would be alive. Him and Gale would be cooking together, making good money, he would've had enough money to help Jesse deal with his addiction and the death of Combo...

Facts are...Walt's induction of Jesse and defiance of Gus was the pebble that got the boulder rolling. Exactly, what did Gus do to jeopardize his operation except allow Walt to be a part of it?

So Mike was right, and had Walt pegged to the very last breath. You guys think Walt helped Mike out in the end "just to help out a business partner?" No, watch it again....look at the stare he gives Mike & Jesse when they shake hands behind his back. The same nikka that didn't even want to acknowledge Heisenberg, was dapping up the sidekick....and it ate at his pride and ego. No, the only reason he did all those things was for Mike to kiss his rings. He wanted Mike to say his name (Say My Name being the title of the ep), and Mike was the only character who wouldn't play into Walt's game.

In the end, I don't think Mike much cared about "his downfall," because he predicted it anyway. He knew from the beginning that Walt was "a ticking time bomb" and that if he stayed :stopitslime::rudy:close he'd end up being caught in the explosion. He stayed anyway because he wanted to provide for his 9 guys and his granddaughter. You guys think his pride was his downfall, but in actuality...Mike was doomed as soon as he compromised his beliefs about Walt. That ticking time bomb just went boom on his ass just like he predicted all along
:stopitslime::rudy: mike acted childish just like walt and didn't tell his partners how serious the dea were after him from jump .he also went out his way to beef with Walt well he got what he wanted
He vented and then got ventilated . Give mike some of the credit for his death the only reason he was even free was cause of Walt

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So you're saying....Gus found out that Walt's brother was in the DEA...........and then offers him a deal for 3 months......to kill him?

You're gonna have to explain to me this overly complicated scheme that you think Gus had. Considering the only plausible reason to offer Walt that deal (and then kill him) would be to steal his formula. But Walt made sure Gus couldn't steal it....and Gus still allowed him to live. So.....?
We don't know what would or could of happened but Gus went into business telling the cartel he give up Walt so he looks shady . Everything else could of been him trying to manipulate Walt but Walt isn't trusting Jesse
Who got manipulated by Gus into betraying Walt

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:stopitslime::rudy: mike acted childish just like walt and didn't tell his partners how serious the dea were after him from jump .he also went out his way to beef with Walt well he got what he wanted
He vented and then got ventilated . Give mike some of the credit for his death the only reason he was even free was cause of Walt

I never said that wasn't the case. I said "let's not act like Walt did those things out of the goodness of his heart, or cause he's some nice guy." Walt only volunteered all that because Mike wasn't submitting to Walt's ego. He NEEDED to hear Mike say "thank you Walt, I respect you." You think that's a fair reason for Mike to die?

:yeshrug:

If so I won't argue with you. Yeah, if Mike had just stood there and been Walt's bytch (and let's be honest, that's what this was about), he would have lived to escape. But really, what kind of option is that? Be a bytch and live, or keep your respect and get murked out. You can compare that to Walt's ego to make Walt seem not so bad if you want. Mike's ego only affected himself....Walt's ego affects every life he touches

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
I never said that wasn't the case. I said "let's not act like Walt did those things out of the goodness of his heart, or cause he's some nice guy." Walt only volunteered all that because Mike wasn't submitting to Walt's ego. He NEEDED to hear Mike say "thank you Walt, I respect you." You think that's a fair reason for Mike to die?

:yeshrug:

If so I won't argue with you. Yeah, if Mike had just stood there and been Walt's bytch (and let's be honest, that's what this was about), he would have lived to escape. But really, what kind of option is that? Be a bytch and live, or keep your respect and get murked out. You can compare that to Walt's ego to make Walt seem not so bad if you want. Mike's ego only affected himself....Walt's ego affects every life he touches
What the hell do you mean it is better to die and keep your respect? I am thinking Mike wants to provide for his grand kid because clearly, his son is dead and the mother can't properly provide for the kid. That is the whole reason for him doing all that dirt, all he had to do was talk it out, he could gone on the run, provided console to the group for a fee, he went way out of his way to start trouble with Walt, being a bytch and alive to provide for my family, yeah i will take that any day than being dead and not being able to a damn thing. You hate Walt so much that you would provoke a man to kill you, a man you know is dangerous and smart, Walt held all the cards here, he gave Mike the info to run, he could have let get caught, he gave him the bag, he wanted the names of the other guys and out of loyalty to them, you going to betray your own family:stopitslime: Any body in that position would have given up the 9 and lived to provide for his family.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
None of this matters... until the shyt with the 2 dealers went down it's clear Gus had no plans of getting rid of Walt. If he did then why would he allow Walt to replace Gale as his lab assistant with a junky with no knowledge of chemistry whatsoever? It's not like Victor or Tyrus we're overseeing the cooks and taking note of the steps at that time either.

Yeah the cartel wanted Walt dead but Gus was already planning on moving on them at that point. The shyt with the negotiations and giving the twins a pass to kill Hank we're designed to buy Walt more time until they got dealt with.
:usure:

I'm just going off of what the viewer was shown. Gus wanted 3 months of Walt's time. What happened after that 3 months? We don't know. Was Hank going to stop looking for who was behind the blue meth in 3 month?

It's not complicated. He wanted his product. He employed him to produce his product, after 3 months was Gus going to stop his operation? Or was he going to replace Walt and keep it moving?

Gale was going to be his cook. He just had to speed up the process of him learning Walt's method sooner because of how crazy Walt was. Not complicated at all.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You don't think it was suspect for Gus to plan on having Walt work for him for 3 months? When he killed his dealers that just escalated the process.

Come on...you don't think Gus had Walt checked out? The dude that's so careful that he's able to set up buffets for police, kicking it with district heads at their house, helping fund fun runs.

Gus had no reason to kill Walt until he killed two of his men.

Gale wasn't groomed to be the replacement until after Walt killed two of his men and Jesse was on the run.

Remember, Gus didn't even want to hire Walt because he knew he was trouble. He only did it after Gale pushed him to do so, told Gus it was a waste to have this amazing equipment without the best chef making the product.

If the plan all along was to kill Walt, he doesn't let Gale go the first time because Walt says he got the temperature wrong.

If the plan all along was to kill Walt, he doesn't allow meth-head Jesse to work for him to make Walt comfortable.

And the Cartel wanted Walt dead? So what? They wanted Jesse to be their cook. How'd that turn out?

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Come on...you don't think Gus had Walt checked out? The dude that's so careful that he's able to set up buffets for police, kicking it with district heads at their house, helping fund fun runs.

Gus had no reason to kill Walt until he killed two of his men.

Gale wasn't groomed to be the replacement until after Walt killed two of his men and Jesse was on the run.

Remember, Gus didn't even want to hire Walt because he knew he was trouble. He only did it after Gale pushed him to do so, told Gus it was a waste to have this amazing equipment without the best chef making the product.

If the plan all along was to kill Walt, he doesn't let Gale go the first time because Walt says he got the temperature wrong.

If the plan all along was to kill Walt, he doesn't allow meth-head Jesse to work for him to make Walt comfortable.
What I'm saying is this, Gus was always planning on replacing Walt. Whether it was by killing him, whether it was giving Tuco's twins the go ahead to kill him, or if it was him giving Walt to the cartel to be their cook.

I don't believe that after Walt worked for him for 3 months that Gus wouldn't have had someone to replace Walt (Gale).

It's not obvious what his plans were with the agreement... but lets say it went on like that. Walt works for Gus for 3 months. Then Walt goes back to being the normal guy who runs a car wash with his wife. While that's going on... I'm guessing Gale takes over the lab. Blue meth is still on the street. And Hank is still investigating the shyt.

Now, you mean to tell me that Walt KNOWING who Gus is and what he's about wouldn't be a major risk had Gus had to kill Hank (like he was planning on doing?) What happened when Gus told Walt he was about to take care of Hank because Walt couldn't do it himself?

Walt went apeshyt and had Saul call the DEA with that tip bullshyt. It's all hypothetical, but that's my take on it.