Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Fun fact of the episode. Mike's granddaughter's safety deposit box number was 603.

603 is area code for the entire state of New Hampshire.

Same place that Walt ends up in the advance preview.

Live Free or Die. :youngsabo:

Also, that bag that Mike left in the trunk makes me think it will be the same one Walt uses when he has to go on the run. I know you peeped the passport. That's probably the identity he takes on. And probably the same money he uses to cop the M60.

iRc5cUvLRQEuF.gif

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I started off hating Jesse the most by far (still think he's a generally wack character and lol at him going from young ignorant juggalo wigger to mature Linkin Park emo-post-wigger wigger in the span of one year)

Then I hated Hank just cuz him and his wife were annoying. I was glad when he got shot.

Always hated Skylar and the son too.

And Walt :pacspit:. He's had his moments but most often than not I have rooted for his death.

The only likable characters from this whole series have been Gus, Mike and Saul. Now 2 of them are dead. Todd seems pretty cool too. He's just a bout it dude...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fun fact of the episode. Mike's granddaughter's safety deposit box number was 603.

603 is area code for the entire state of New Hampshire.

Same place that Walt ends up in the advance preview.

Live Free or Die. :youngsabo:

Also, that bag that Mike left in the trunk makes me think it will be the same one Walt uses when he has to go on the run. I know you peeped the passport. That's probably the identity he takes on. And probably the same money he uses to cop the M60.
Nope.

The bag in the first episode is black. The bag from last night's is brown.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Regarding this whole, "It's Walt's fault" from Mike's speech thing...

Put it like this, Gus had been planning on replacing Walt. Now we don't know how he was going to do it initially, but here are some things to remember about that situation. After Tuco died. The cartel wanted Walt's ass dead... period. Gus also knew that Walt had cancer, AND he knew that his damn brother in law as a DEA agent.

Gus had Gale working for him... with all the shyt he knew about Walt factored in, he knew that he would have to replace him eventually. Gus was prepping Gale as his replacement, and the cartel wanted Gus to give up Walt. And Gus was telling them that he would handle the situation.

So yal implying that shyt was just peaches and that Walt fukked everything up with the operation need to remember all that shyt that was going on. It seamed like Walt was all good before he killed Gus' two dealers for Jesse, but best believe Gus was preparing to run his shyt without Walt.

Mike's speech was his side of how things went. Walt was protecting Jesse when he did that shyt. When he murked the dealers, that's when Gus said, this dude is unpredictable and just escalated the process of him being replaced.

Gus wasn't gonna replace Walt breh...at least not until he saw what kind of dude Walt was. If he was gonna kill Walt, he would've never allowed Gale to be so easily replaced. shyt, the fact that there even was a Gale is evidence that Gus wasn't some murderous crime boss who killed you off as soon as he was done with you. No, he only got to that point when it was absolutely necessary. He killed off the cartel because they were fukking up his business, and he was gonna kill off Walt because he was fukking up his business. If Walt (AND JESSE) played his position, niccas would've all been eating lovely.

shyt, how long you think Mike's been down with Gus? He wasn't no recent dude to be backing Gus the way he has since the beginning

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Walt is a piece of shyt, there's no argument about that from my end. However, all that "we had a good thing before you fukked it up" shyt Mike was talking is nothing but sour grapes. It's a criminal enterprise, ain't no room for the sentimental shyt. Get over your homie Gus getting blown the fukk up - he underestimated his opponent and paid the price. If we're following the cause and effect law that closely, then Mike should blame himself for all the times he failed to kill Walt. Point is, his goons being in jail isn't something Walt caused, it's just a circumstance of being in business with killers and drugs and shyt. Walt killed someone trying to kill him, that's part and parcel of this criminal shyt. In the here and now, Walt made Mike more money, tipped him off about the DEA, and got his "go bag" for him. I'm sorry, but I'm not about to pretend Wat was supposed to do these things because he fukked Mike's life up. It's criminal business, that kind of code doesn't hold up for me.

Mike was too fukking stubbornly salty about Walt killing Gus and being a general a$$hole to ever give him an ounce of respect or thanks. That's his prerogative, but it was his undoing and just as grave a character flaw as Walt's ego. Just because Walt has become a maniac, let's not pretend Mike is some angel who died to redeem our sins. He's a piece of shyt too, and his own sloppiness and stubborness brought on his death.
You're putting too much on the Gus Fring thing, and not enough on Walt's ego. That scene put on display that Mike understood what Walt was about more than anybody else. He knew that Gus didn't have to die.

And now that I think about it more....(read after the next quote)

Not to mention that all Walt did was protect his partner and himself.

If Mike wanted to blame anybody for being the catalyst to bringing down Gus' empire it was Jesse. Jesse is the one that was stealing from Gus, Jesse is the one who couldn't leave shyt alone and wanted to play vigilante, Jesse is the one that backed Walt into a corner by siding with Gus.

If Jesse hadn't done the shyt he was doing Walt would have been content to just cook for Gus till his contract was up.

I had to think about this more. Mike is actually completely right.....because Walt is actually the person who forced Gus' hand to bring Jesse in. Everyone knew that Jesse was gonna fukk shyt up because he was a junkie. Walt still made up a reason to get Jesse to cook with him, and kick Gale out.

I had actually forgotten about that piece of information. We all like to think it's always been Walt & Jesse, but the fact of the matter is...if Walt had played his position, everyone would be alive. Him and Gale would be cooking together, making good money, he would've had enough money to help Jesse deal with his addiction and the death of Combo...

Facts are...Walt's induction of Jesse and defiance of Gus was the pebble that got the boulder rolling. Exactly, what did Gus do to jeopardize his operation except allow Walt to be a part of it?

So Mike was right, and had Walt pegged to the very last breath. You guys think Walt helped Mike out in the end "just to help out a business partner?" No, watch it again....look at the stare he gives Mike & Jesse when they shake hands behind his back. The same nikka that didn't even want to acknowledge Heisenberg, was dapping up the sidekick....and it ate at his pride and ego. No, the only reason he did all those things was for Mike to kiss his rings. He wanted Mike to say his name (Say My Name being the title of the ep), and Mike was the only character who wouldn't play into Walt's game.

In the end, I don't think Mike much cared about "his downfall," because he predicted it anyway. He knew from the beginning that Walt was "a ticking time bomb" and that if he stayed close he'd end up being caught in the explosion. He stayed anyway because he wanted to provide for his 9 guys and his granddaughter. You guys think his pride was his downfall, but in actuality...Mike was doomed as soon as he compromised his beliefs about Walt. That ticking time bomb just went boom on his ass just like he predicted all along

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Gus wasn't gonna replace Walt breh...at least not until he saw what kind of dude Walt was. If he was gonna kill Walt, he would've never allowed Gale to be so easily replaced. shyt, the fact that there even was a Gale is evidence that Gus wasn't some murderous crime boss who killed you off as soon as he was done with you. No, he only got to that point when it was absolutely necessary. He killed off the cartel because they were fukking up his business, and he was gonna kill off Walt because he was fukking up his business. If Walt (AND JESSE) played his position, niccas would've all been eating lovely.

shyt, how long you think Mike's been down with Gus? He wasn't no recent dude to be backing Gus the way he has since the beginning

Gale's brother wasn't a DEA agent. Gale didn't have cancer, Gale wasn't wanted by the cartel.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
So walt should have just let Gus and mike kill him right?

I clap my hands for Walt the guy who was trying to replace him gale dead, his boss who was going to kill him dead, his boss enforcer who kept putting a gun to his head beat him up numerous times dead.

His slut wife who cheated on him, now mentally unstable, but still cooking him meals.

The dude who penetrated his wife, a paraplegic

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
i thought i was the only one who caught that shyt, that shyt is gonna play out to close out this episode Hank is just gonna be like :skip:

:stopitslime:
I don't think so...wouldn't they have caught that when Walt first planted the shyt? I think thats just a camera angle they using to throw viewers off.