Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Why do you guys keep arguing about Walt being a villian or not? The writer (Vince Gilligan) specifically said he wants everyone to hate Walt at the end. The Soprano's tried to do that but failed...

I wont hate Walt at all...He did everything for his family...it's walt all the way to the grave!

:russ:

I guess you team heisenberg (aka Team Denial or....Team Delusional)

:troll:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
In fairness, he would've gotten caught at the park without Walt's call. And he only had his "go bag" because of Walt. Mike was just as stubborn and egotistical as Walt. He did owe Walt thanks. The speech he gave about Walt fukking everything up by killing Gus and how Walt could've made plenty of money as a cook conveniently ignores that Gus was going to kill Walt, and that ultimately Gus got caught slipping and tripped over his own ego too.

No, Mike was absolutely right. The reason for shyt going to hell IS because of Walt. shyt would've never turned out this way if Walt had his ego under control and just went along with the program. Gus was only gonna kill Walt after he jeopardized the operation (for Jesse which was unfortunately ignored in that discussion). But Mike is right.....they had a good thing going before Walt. Mike's ego didn't bring him all that heat...Walt's did

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
i dont give a fukk if walt forgot about lydia.

he killed mike cause mike hurt his pride by showing him how he fukked it all up.

the two aren't exclusive........Mike hurt his pride by telling him the truth, and it caused him to forget about Lydia.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
no mention of the scene in hanks office that made it seem like a security cam?

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
You nikkas know nothing about the anatomy of a 60+ year old man if you think he's gonna take a gut shot and car crash in the span of 10 seconds and then go out like Rambo. It probably took all the adrenaline he had just to get out of the car.

Walt is full heisinberg now. I think walts downfall is gonna be him trying to handle street stuff when we all know he really has no idea how any of it works.

I can also see Todd losing/selling the blue meth recipe and the streets being flooded and not being a commodity anymore making Walt useless. Something walts ego can't handle.

Unless this next ep is like two hours long I don't see them covering everything that's going to lead up to the opening scene without forcing it. From the promo it looks like mike bald goon is trying to bargain with the identity of Jesse and Walt

• Dap
Reactions: hex

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Mike only way out was death , there wasn't 5 million in the bag. Mike didn't even ask Walt why he wanted the names , for all we know with enormous profits Walt would make he could cover the costs of Mike guys . Think saul couldn't set up a new system of payments ? Walt doesn't have the man power to hit all those guys in jail . Now the laundry guy dennis well, Tods people will take him out.
Mike had already deduced that Walt only wanted those names to take them out...and seriously, we all know that's why. Walt was never gonna share profits with anybody from Gus' operation unless they did work for Heisenberg. So like I said earlier, Mike already (correctly) deduced that Walt was only gonna kill those dudes, and Walt never denied it

On Site

Pro
Daps
Walt was looking out for Jesse, ain't about to be mad at that in the context of the show. Mike owed Walt gratitude for the info on the DEA as well as the "go bag." He just doesn't like Walt, period. Walt owes Mike nothing at all, not even respect. He already killed his boss, and Mike has held a gun to his head many times. I don't have a side or a "team" here, just being realistic. No honor among thieves, both of them fukked up plenty of time. I liked Mike's character, sad to see him off the sow, but I feel zero sympathy for him.

I see what you're saying but it was Walt who jeopardized the entire operation by replacing Gale with a well known fukk up in Jesse for his own personal reasons. It was that decision that lead to Gus's dealers getting killed and all the fukkery that transpired after. If Gus hired Gale or some other chemist from the start they'd still be running a succesful low key business. Instead Mike's goons are in prison, the DEA is watching every move he makes, and the money he was leaving his granddaughter got seized. Mike didnt like Walt cause he was a liability from day one. He should've pulled the trigger one of those times he held a gun to his head before it was too late but that's what he gets for not taking his own advise about taking Half Measures.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Walt was looking out for Jesse, ain't about to be mad at that in the context of the show. Mike owed Walt gratitude for the info on the DEA as well as the "go bag." He just doesn't like Walt, period. Walt owes Mike nothing at all, not even respect. He already killed his boss, and Mike has held a gun to his head many times. I don't have a side or a "team" here, just being realistic. No honor among thieves, both of them fukked up plenty of time. I liked Mike's character, sad to see him off the sow, but I feel zero sympathy for him.

according to Mike.....the DEA....necessity for the "go bag"....none of it would even have gotten that far under Gus. Walt tipping him off and getting the bag for him....an end result of a mess HE caused. And I also think he particularly didn't want to thank him because he probably only did those things to satisfy his ego (which I think is true as well)

WOAHMYGOODNESS

Your TSC World Champion
Daps
Walt is a pure megalomaniac. Its not about the money, it hasn't been about the money for a few seasons. It's about the power and respect that fear forces others to give him. That was the main element in him admitting he killed gus and forcing Way Barry's dad to say his name. He was gutted out of his share of a billion dollar business, his first love taken by his best friend, his current wife and kids thought he was gonna die of cancer and leave them broke, he was in a dead end job...dude was smarter and more valuable then the life he lived but instead of turning straight, he's becoming addicted to the life that being a drug peddler brings. Dude had that realization that he didn't HAVE to kill Mike, he could have thought about things a bit more...instead, Mike is dead and he still has to ask ol girl for that list. That whole scene wasn't even about no list, Walt wanted Mike to bow to him because he was intimidated by Mike's not give a fukk attitude. Mike even said that if it was about money, Walt wouldn't have killed gus because after they murked Henry Gale, if they would have just kept cooking they would have been rich and been involved in a successful drug scheme that was working undetected and protected for some 20 years. He's deluded himself from logic, making simple mistakes more and more and is slowly becoming insane with power. The way he tried to manipulate Jesse, basically tryna mind fukk him in to staying and he even had the nerve to convince jesse that if he wanted to be a good person he wouldn't take the money, thinking jesse wouldn't walk. Now he's reluctantly using the new kid who is clearly up to no good and looks to be scheming on his on. Walt is becoming the king but at such a sloppy rate that it's clear he wasn't and isn't ready for that life. All Hail the king though...

He's slowly becoming the king, but don't we all know what happens to most kings?

Last edited by a moderator:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
the more i think about it; the more this show reminds me of the shield. I could see jessie and walt have the same conversation once shyt goes bad like in this scene

Last edited by a moderator:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Rip mike
Didn't rly appreciate his character til the end

Regarding Todd, I think that crew from Arizona gonna find out about him and snatched him up from Walt. Walt then becomes useless and disposable, and they try to take him out. He goes to jesse for help who turns his back on him. Skyler either dies as collateral damage or finds out he's in danger and bounces with the kids, which leaves him in the position of the season opener.