Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is :russ:

https://twitter.com/aaronpaul_8/status/238607204708667392

Walking and drinking gatorade and some guy just yelled out "gatorade me bytch" and then I tossed it to him. I want it back so bad. #regret

If you don't get the reference from season 3:

gatorade.gif

:russ:

Fred.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This is the best show I've seen since the wire. It just gets better every season. Most detail oriented show ever. Almost every scene has its place and pick up where it was left off. Even each episode picks up right where it left off. No confusion wat so ever. U just wanna know where its gonna go. Makes me jittery and impatient with suspence.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Breh what you talking about?:comeon: What Walt gonna do against a trained goon like Mike? That's not Walt's strength in anyway. Show is already over the top, lets not make it out right cartoonish by having Walt being able physically kick a dude like Mike's ass.:beli:

I still don't see where anybody explained how mike got these skills. When the dea got his backround info, they asked if he was a cop and he said yes. Now I don't know about the police force in your area, but none are military black ops trained individuals. They not even on the level of FBI, CIA or DEA.

Yet mike knows everyone everywhere. Can do anything. Get anything. Set up drug networks in hours. Dump three tails in a day. Etc etc etc. and he's no young, don't look athletic, and is probably a lot slower and more fragile considering he's about 60.....

And yet this dude is straight out of a James bond movie. At first he was a bodyguard. Now he can do anything an nobody is on his level??

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Spoilers for "Boardwalk Empire" season 2....

It was random because Nucky was told "you can't be half a gangster", and he succeeded doing exactly that. He outsmarted everyone on the show, came out on top, and after the fact shot arguably the second most important character on the show. For what exactly? He'd already won his way.

It seemed seemed kinda cheesy and tacked on. Like the writers wanted to end the season with a :whoo: moment and threw all logic out the window.

Then to make matters worse he commits the murder in front of Eli, who already betrayed him once, and is facing jail time Nucky asked him to take. So what's to stop him from snitching to avoid his sentence? Nucky ain't smart enough to think of that?

shyt made no sense at all. :manny:

And it's not as if I'm the only person. Fans went nuts talking about "fukk this show, no Jimmy no show!" after that ep. So nah, you can't kill off important characters just for the hell of it.

Fred.

Don't really wanna debate another show. But you cross the boss and you die. I don't give a damn what slick line you told to a mafia boss. The minute you fukk him over, take over the city behind his back, cut him out the deal, try to have him murdered, then thrown in jail..... AND I RAISED YOU AS MY MOTHERfukkING SON!!!

You got to go. That ain't lazy at all. What u think Capone would have done. Or lucky. Or any mob boss.

And his brother came to grips when Jimmy's dad died. Remember the meeting he got up and left. Remember he told or was told that they ain't smarter than nucky. And after all that nucky came out on top and still let him live. His brother was shook and impressed

Which leads to the last point. He became a full gangster by taking that shot. Then clearly said you don't know me, and shot him again. In other words, he was saying I'm a gangster and u got it twisted, but takes these bullets just in case you still don't understand. He didn't let anybody else take the shot. Didn't even let Jimmy give that speech about the bad dreams he was gonna have. Just pow pow, story over

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I still don't see where anybody explained how mike got these skills. When the dea got his backround info, they asked if he was a cop and he said yes. Now I don't know about the police force in your area, but none are military black ops trained individuals. They not even on the level of FBI, CIA or DEA.

Yet mike knows everyone everywhere. Can do anything. Get anything. Set up drug networks in hours. Dump three tails in a day. Etc etc etc. and he's no young, don't look athletic, and is probably a lot slower and more fragile considering he's about 60.....

And yet this dude is straight out of a James bond movie. At first he was a bodyguard. Now he can do anything an nobody is on his level??
Some cops are dumb as rocks...and some cops are not.

For example, in NYC there is actually an unwritten policy that the recruits can't be TOO smart. This cuts back on people joining the force and then trying to shake things up with their fancy degrees and smarts, and it also allows a pool of easily malleable soldiers that will not question orders and are basically meatheads/goons with guns.

But there ARE the ones who are smart, think they can make a difference, and then realize one day that either they can't or no longer care to. Mike is old. Do the math.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
How angry would everyone be if this shyt ended happy lol. The thought crossed my mind many times. The bad guy never wins. It's rare especially on tv

Imagine the last episode. Nobody dies but another "Gus" character. Walt and Jessie and mike save walts family and grab the money too. And walk off into the sunset with them all going straight while hank shows up to arrest the remaining villains

I don't have any knowledge that it would go this way. Just saying with all the people who want someone dead. And expect Walt to die. How funny/disappointing would it be to have everyone walk away just fine

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the best show I've seen since the wire. It just gets better every season. Most detail oriented show ever. Almost every scene has its place and pick up where it was left off. Even each episode picks up right where it left off. No confusion wat so ever. U just wanna know where its gonna go. Makes me jittery and impatient with suspence.
Word. And there's people in here complaining about realism yet not 1 of them mentioned gus' face getting blown off and him being able to walk out fix his tie than collapse as if that was realistic :smh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't really wanna debate another show. But you cross the boss and you die. I don't give a damn what slick line you told to a mafia boss. The minute you fukk him over, take over the city behind his back, cut him out the deal, try to have him murdered, then thrown in jail..... AND I RAISED YOU AS MY MOTHERfukkING SON!!!

You got to go. That ain't lazy at all. What u think Capone would have done. Or lucky. Or any mob boss.

And his brother came to grips when Jimmy's dad died. Remember the meeting he got up and left. Remember he told or was told that they ain't smarter than nucky. And after all that nucky came out on top and still let him live. His brother was shook and impressed

Which leads to the last point. He became a full gangster by taking that shot. Then clearly said you don't know me, and shot him again. In other words, he was saying I'm a gangster and u got it twisted, but takes these bullets just in case you still don't understand. He didn't let anybody else take the shot. Didn't even let Jimmy give that speech about the bad dreams he was gonna have. Just pow pow, story over

Nucky wasn't a gangster though. He's not Capone. He had no reason to be. He won on his terms without firing a single bullet. Sonned every character against him using chess moves and his intellect.

Unless they give some kinda back story explaining why he'd magically turn into a gangster, it's out of character and makes no sense.

Since this is the "Breaking Bad" thread I'll compare the two....it took 5 seasons for Walt to completely be Heisenberg, Nucky made that transformation with one bullet.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Mike is the top goon for the same reason Chris and Snoop were the top goons on "The Wire". They're just better than everyone else.

Besides, in real life the type of people you're talking about look like Mike. They're old as fukk, because it takes a life time to gain those kinds of skills and connections. Gus was on top for 20 years, who knows how long Mike was his goon. It's not really a stretch to think he'd be able to set up meetings and make new connects in a few hours.

And I don't see Mike doing flips and running around a lot, so his age or physical appearance ain't really an issue.

Fred.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
How angry would everyone be if this shyt ended happy lol. The thought crossed my mind many times. The bad guy never wins. It's rare especially on tv
Imagine the last episode. Nobody dies but another "Gus" character. Walt and Jessie and mike save walts family and grab the money too. And walk off into the sunset with them all going straight while hank shows up to arrest the remaining villains

I don't have any knowledge that it would go this way. Just saying with all the people who want someone dead. And expect Walt to die. How funny/disappointing would it be to have everyone walk away just fine

I don't know about ending "happy" but I wouldn't be shocked if there wasn't any real closure.. The show creator Gilligan is a David Chase/Sopranos stan so I could see him ending the show in a similar way..

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nucky wasn't a gangster though. He's not Capone. He had no reason to be. He won on his terms without firing a single bullet. Sonned every character against him using chess moves and his intellect.

Unless they give some kinda back story explaining why he'd magically turn into a gangster, it's out of character and makes no sense.

Since this is the "Breaking Bad" thread I'll compare the two....it took 5 seasons for Walt to completely be Heisenberg, Nucky made that transformation with one bullet.

Fred.
:mindblown::childplease: What are you saying here? Nucky was a gangster, way before shooting Jimmy, he ordered murder on a daily basis, he sold alcohol and profited from it, he had almost no morals, he just never pulled the trigger himself, he was a king maker behind the scenes, trust me he was about that life long before Jimmy because he chose it and excelled in it, he went in with his eyes open.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

Fred.

I get what u mean. And I am talking as if this isn't nucky's first murder. That's a guess tho.

But it leads to my only issue with breaking bad. It's been 5 seasons but only 1 year. Chemistry teacher at 50 to running the empire days after the 51st. I think the first two seasons of boardwalk might have been longer in real time

And I'm not saying mike shouldnt be a goon. But he ain't just killin nikkas and throwing them in a building. Anybody could do that. He's doing things you need HIGHLY trained people to do. Not "a former cop". If they said "former FBI" itd match up a little more. Regular cops cant even outsmart internal affairs most of the time. And if he's a senior citizen then his cop days would have been long ago before they had half the tech or current procedures

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown::childplease: What are you saying here? Nucky was a gangster, way before shooting Jimmy, he ordered murder on a daily basis, he sold alcohol and profited from it, he had almost no morals, he just never pulled the trigger himself, he was a king maker behind the scenes, trust me he was about that life long before Jimmy because he chose it and excelled in it, he went in with his eyes open.

You are getting criminal mixed up with gangster. He was always a criminal, people like Al Capone are gangsters.

And just because he ordered hits doesn't mean he has the stomach to murder people himself, nor did he have a reason to in the season finale. That's what goons are for. :mindblown: at him commiting murder in front of Eli, who already betrayed him once and is currently facing jail time at his request. He's not smart enough to think Eli might snitch?

Fred.