Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I get what u mean. And I am talking as if this isn't nucky's first murder. That's a guess tho.

But it leads to my only issue with breaking bad. It's been 5 seasons but only 1 year. Chemistry teacher at 50 to running the empire days after the 51st. I think the first two seasons of boardwalk might have been longer in real time

And I'm not saying mike shouldnt be a goon. But he ain't just killin nikkas and throwing them in a building. Anybody could do that. He's doing things you need HIGHLY trained people to do. Not "a former cop". If they said "former FBI" itd match up a little more. Regular cops cant even outsmart internal affairs most of the time. And if he's a senior citizen then his cop days would have been long ago before they had half the tech or current procedures

It was his first murder. That's why it's supposed to be a big deal. Still don't make any sense.

The sole reason they stuck to the "one year" time line is because he was given a death sentence, "2 years". So it's more for the sake of continuity than being realistic.

Mike is doing more than Chris or Snoop but he also has had 30+ years more than them to learn all the shyt we're talking about. He's a career goon.

According to Saul, Mike knows killers, hit men, all kinds of criminal connects. I doubt the show will spell out Mike's exact back ground besides "ex-cop", but you're probably right, he ain't been a cop in a long, long time, and he's probably been gooning since then.

Fred.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You are getting criminal mixed up with gangster. He was always a criminal, people like Al Capone are gangsters.

And just because he ordered hits doesn't mean he has the stomach to murder people himself, nor did he have a reason to in the season finale. That's what goons are for. :mindblown: at him commiting murder in front of Eli, who already betrayed him once and is currently facing jail time at his request. He's not smart enough to think Eli might snitch?

Fred.

To keep it breaking bad. Which is the bigger (faker) story. A Chem teacher to meth kingpin in a year. Or a decade long criminal to his first murder by his own hands?

That's all we saying. It's not a huge leap. He murdered his girls man so he could have her. Not to mention everything else. To say "ill be the only one to kill my son" ain't really a huge leap.

And yes he had to kill him. There's something called rep. Remember Carlitos way. U can't even be perceived as being soft. He wasn't Capone but he does business with him and bosses and killers worse than Capone. He can't be half a gangster and he saw that. Jimmy showed him that by taking his shyt so easy and nobody was scared of nucky when he did. They wouldn't pull that on Capone.

And no. Fear of getting killed would keep Eli quiet. Everyone was dead or back with nucky. He knew what was next if he started that snitch shyt. Nucky let him live and he knew it. Snitching would result in him being a nobody wot nuck in jail or dead.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
To keep it breaking bad. Which is the bigger (faker) story. A Chem teacher to meth kingpin in a year. Or a decade long criminal to his first murder by his own hands?

That's all we saying. It's not a huge leap. He murdered his girls man so he could have her. Not to mention everything else. To say "ill be the only one to kill my son" ain't really a huge leap.

And yes he had to kill him. There's something called rep. Remember Carlitos way. U can't even be perceived as being soft. He wasn't Capone but he does business with him and bosses and killers worse than Capone. He can't be half a gangster and he saw that. Jimmy showed him that by taking his shyt so easy and nobody was scared of nucky when he did. They wouldn't pull that on Capone.

And no. Fear of getting killed would keep Eli quiet. Everyone was dead or back with nucky. He knew what was next if he started that snitch shyt. Nucky let him live and he knew it. Snitching would result in him being a nobody wot nuck in jail or dead.

The problem there is, this story ain't supposed to be grounded in reality. It's a Greek tragedy, a "fall from grace" story. A modern day "Macbeth". That he happens to be a school teacher turned drug dealer is incidental.

And besides, they've sold his transformation over the course of 5 seasons, not one scene. Peep how they framed the early scenes of him killing people....it was "them or him"....and he felt remorse....so it was easy to sympathize with him. Slowly they've tweaked the circumstances so it gets harder and harder to rationalize why he's killing people.

There is really no logical narrative reason why Nucky had to be the one to pull the trigger....he'd won, he was the boss, everyone else fell in line. Order his death via a hit man? Sure....but shoot a man at point blank range twice, with zero emotion? Nah man....they didn't sell that, at all, and it seems completely out of character.

Fred.

Jixson

Pro
Daps
Reppin
League of Legends
I just finished watching season 1, and have season 2 all queued up.

I have not read through most of the thread to kind of stay spoiler free, but does it get more intense or anything?

I like Cranston anyway and Walt is pretty badass already. I hate Jesse, I hate his wife, I hate his son, I hate the sister-in-law, the DA brother-in-law is a douche, but I enjoy him enough.

I plan to continue watching, as the acting is really good so far, and scripts are solid, but I am not hooked like I thought I might be after watching the complete season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I have not read through most of the thread to kind of stay spoiler free, but does it get more intense or anything?

I like Cranston anyway and Walt is pretty badass already. I hate Jesse, I hate his wife, I hate his son, I hate the sister-in-law, the DA brother-in-law is a douche, but I enjoy him enough.

I plan to continue watching, as the acting is really good so far, and scripts are solid, but I am not hooked like I thought I might be after watching the complete season.

If you wasn't hooked after this:

breakingplate.gif

then I don't know what to tell you. As far as intense, yes things get far worse for almost every character on the show. And Walt goes from p*ssy, to bad ass, to straight up villain, over the 5 seasons.

Fred.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

The show gets better with each Season. You won't ever look back after getting to the end of Season 3. Season 3 is the 1st truly great Season of the show imo.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

breakingplate.gif

then I don't know what to tell you. As far as intense, yes things get far worse for almost every character on the show. And Walt goes from p*ssy, to bad ass, to straight up villain, over the 5 seasons.

Fred.

Naw I disagree. I could easily see people not getting hooked until season 3. Seasons 1 & 2 have great moments, but are generally slow & monotonous.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside

breakingplate.gif

Fred.

Ill always love S1 on the strength of that,It was like King Of The Hill if Rated R at that time

*In Walts Head*:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
Naw I disagree. I could easily see people not getting hooked until season 3. Seasons 1 & 2 have great moments, but are generally slow & monotonous.

I can understand not liking them when ur catching up(Shiet I was :dwillhuh: @ the S2 Finale),I know for me as someone who watched from Day 1 to Now its all about just having Patience,S3 is a big Reward in itself especially the Premeire which helped piece together what I saw in the previous ep

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I have a feeling....

Mike is gonna die in the next 2 eps. The DEA is on his ass and he wants out of the dope game, what use is he to Walt?

And to the people on season 1-2, with all due respect get the fukk outta the thread before the entire show is ruined for you.

There's another thread a few pages back for seasons 1-4.

Fred.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I agree. But, at the end of the last episode, Mike should have shot Walt in the leg, and stomach, done with the games, let him either bleed out and die, or tell me where the methlemyine is. And when Walt's dead, I'm going for Skylar, then I'm going for the kids. Walt would give that shyt up. And Jesse can either help, or he can die. No sympathy for Walt. And now he wants to go heads up with another connect, I'd guess that's who he wants the M60 for.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree. But, at the end of the last episode, Mike should have shot Walt in the leg, and stomach, done with the games, let him either bleed out and die, or tell me where the methlemyine is. And when Walt's dead, I'm going for Skylar, then I'm going for the kids. Walt would give that shyt up. And Jesse can either help, or he can die. No sympathy for Walt. And now he wants to go heads up with another connect, I'd guess that's who he wants the M60 for.

Nah man.

The reason Mike is fukked is because listening to Walt's bullshyt is preferable to killing a bunch of people and chasing methylamine around town while the DEA is hours away from getting search warrants.

Mike should've never worked with Walt in the first place. He should've bounced to Mexico or something as soon as Lydia approached him.

Fred.