Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sure that is part of it too.

Walt is essentially going through a mid-life crisis of epic proportions.

Most men buy a sports car...this dude became a Kingpin...

:merchant:

Exactly . That's what makes Walt fascinating And the fact that he doesn't even get a sidepiece makes it even more :dwillhuh: usually guys blow up and that's the first thing they get . Walt only cares about power and legacy

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Yeah I feel like the cancer was just the catalyst that made him feel like "Fukk it YOLO" and made him want to paper chase..It's been obvious for awhile that it was no longer about the kids but I hadnt put it together about Grey Matter until recently..I thought it was more about him competing with Hank to be viewed as an alpha man in his sons eyes..I always felt like he was jealous of how Junior looked up to him...

:wow:

I think it's grey matter coupled with the alpha male angle. Everyone with maybe the exception of Jesse has emasculated Walt at some point on this show. From Hank at his Walt's 50th Bday in the first episode and his own son respecting Hank more. To not only being out 2B at Grey Matter but the person that took credit for your creation also ended up with your chick. Hell even the people that cared for Walt while sincere came off like he was a baby unable to care for himself. His entire life he has been a pushover. This just isn't about money it's about showing that Walt is the man.

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
a couple tweets about the next 2 episodes from aaron pauls twitter ( jesse)

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Two more episodes to go this season of #Breakingbad and I am terrified for you all to see how it goes down. Get ready for the madness.

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Breaking Bad is about to Break Bad. The darkness is on the horizon. Can you feel it?

:leon:

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
I think it's grey matter coupled with the alpha male angle. Everyone with maybe the exception of Jesse has emasculated Walt at some point on this show. From Hank at his Walt's 50th Bday in the first episode and his own son respecting Hank more. To not only being out 2B at Grey Matter but the person that took credit for your creation also ended up with your chick. Hell even the people that cared for Walt while sincere came off like he was a baby unable to care for himself. His entire life he has been a pushover. This just isn't about money it's about showing that Walt is the man.

I wonder if Walt might go after that dude at some point :ohhh:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Walt Whitman - Gliding Over All

GLIDING o’er all, through all,
Through Nature, Time, and Space,
As a ship on the waters advancing,
The voyage of the soul—not life alone,
Death, many deaths I’ll sing.

glasses.gif

Fred.

CaughtInTWebb

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Big D, Texas
a couple tweets about the next 2 episodes from aaron pauls twitter ( jesse)

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Two more episodes to go this season of #Breakingbad and I am terrified for you all to see how it goes down. Get ready for the madness.

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8
Breaking Bad is about to Break Bad. The darkness is on the horizon. Can you feel it?

:leon:

:krs:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the spoilers posted, that's been floating around since early July, long before it was ever mentioned on the podcast. It sounds like :duck: to me because the person doesn't even seem to know who Lydia is, or understand her role on the show, yet claims to work post-production.

Fred.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
The more I think about the more convinced I am that it's going to Junior that dies in these batch of 8 episodes. The foreshadowing is there for it, I'll explain in a few

It won't be Sky, too obvious.

Mike would be my other pick but for some reason I don't think it's going to be him.

Jesse is too important to die right now

Hank, hasn't been that involved so far plus in some way I see him and Jesse being heavily involved with Walt's last stand.

Lydia and Marie, wouldn't generate enough interest.

Why it will be Walt Jr. The foreshadowing is there. Walt JR will die speeding ot trying to do donuts. A lot of Walt is doing is ego driven to finally prove he is the man. Its obvious he has always been jealous of the respect JR has for Hank. The buying of the cars and bragging of speeding and doing donuts and how JR can't drive like his father was him trying to get JR's respect. His ego couldn't take his son respceting Hank over him. But while Hank had his sons respect, Walt was JR's hero and JR will die trying to emulate his father. Walt JR won't be able to control the car because flashback to earlier in the season, his legs don't work like ours. When Sky said Walt is the danger it wasn't meant to be his life of crime wouldn't come to kill the family, it was his ego that will kill the family. Walt's ego is the danger.

That's just my theory