Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He was talking about killing off Jesse before he even met Aaron Paul. It was never 100% planned, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

And I never said there'd be no show if Jesse died. I said if he dies, it's gonna be in the last handful of eps because this show has very few characters to kill off.

"The Wire" killed off Wallace, season 2 introduced new characters and a story line that had nothing to do with him.....Frank Sobotka died in season 2, season 3 introduced new characters and a story line that had nothing to do with him.

If you kill off Jesse, it would seriously impact the dynamic of the show. There is only one Jesse, or Mike, or Skylar. There is a fukk ton of random characters in "The Wire" or "Sopranos".

The last show to randomly kill off an important cast member was "Boardwalk Empire", and that wasn't received well. So that's not a decision you can make all willy-nilly.

Fred.

Yeah once again, you seem to agree with my point that most of the major deaths will happen at the end. Someone will die I think in the last ep of this season, and I think it will by Skylar or maybe even Walt. Jr. Mike could go as well, but I think they'll want to end it with someone closer to Walt dying.

I don't think it will be Hank or Jesse, as those are the obvious points of "x vs. x" for the final 8 arc.

I really think Skylar and/or Mike might be going out friends. :manny:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Spoilers for "Boardwalk Empire" season 2....

It was random because Nucky was told "you can't be half a gangster", and he succeeded doing exactly that. He outsmarted everyone on the show, came out on top, and after the fact shot arguably the second most important character on the show. For what exactly? He'd already won his way.

It seemed seemed kinda cheesy and tacked on. Like the writers wanted to end the season with a :whoo: moment and threw all logic out the window.

Then to make matters worse he commits the murder in front of Eli, who already betrayed him once, and is facing jail time Nucky asked him to take. So what's to stop him from snitching to avoid his sentence? Nucky ain't smart enough to think of that?

shyt made no sense at all. :manny:

And it's not as if I'm the only person. Fans went nuts talking about "fukk this show, no Jimmy no show!" after that ep. So nah, you can't kill off important characters just for the hell of it.

Fred.

:ehh: I see your point but Jimmy was one of the only main characters that was completely fictional so I didn't make too much out of it. At some point he had to go. Not to mention his actual intent was to kill Nucky to further prove his point. But this is Nucky's show...not Jimmy's, who never existed.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh: I see your point but Jimmy was one of the only main characters that was completely fictional so I didn't make too much out of it. At some point he had to go. Not to mention his actual intent was to kill Nucky to further prove his point. But this is Nucky's show...not Jimmy's, who never existed.

One more thing....

Eli tried to kill Nucky too, in his home. IMO that's far more disrespectful....your own brother, trying to murk you where you live....than anything Jimmy did.

Fred.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
jesse: "i eat alot of frozen food, and on the box its like... hell yeah i want that lasagna :gladbron: but then you nuke it and the cheese on top is like eating a scab :bryan: its bad advertisement, yo"

skyler: :what:

jesse: "so i heard you're doin really good at the car wash"

skyler: "what else did walt tell you about me :aicmon:... did he tell you about my affair"

jesse: :merchant:!!!! :whoo:.....

funniest scene all season :laff:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
One more thing....

Eli tried to kill Nucky too, in his home. IMO that's far more disrespectful....your own brother, trying to murk you where you live....than anything Jimmy did.

Fred.

You can't compare the 2 situations. They got into an emotional fight in a private setting, that's not the same as plotting to kill a dude for no good reason and it being publically known. Nucky kind of had to Kill Jimmy. For better or worse, Eli is Nucky's brother. Plus if Nucky knew for sure that Eli is the one that initiated the campaign to have Nucky killed, Eli would have got it also.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If they don't kill off someone in these last 2 eps, I will co-sign what people are saying. But every ep people are like :ooh: "Mike about to die!" or "Jesse's dead, watch"....if you do that shyt every ep then yeah, it's gonna seem like the show is scared to kill off characters. To put it into perspective Gus just died 6 episodes ago. I don't know of any other show where fans demand characters die off within 6 eps of each other.

I had a couple problems with the ep....the editing on the scene with Mike/Walt at the end was klunky as hell. They could've just made Mike tie Walt to the radiator then bounce....instead he shows up middle of the night, sits there all night, then says "ok, I gotta leave". It's not a big deal just kinda :leostare:

To the people talking about "this ain't realistic anymore"....what the hell show have you been watching? It was never realistic, and it's not any less realistic now, than it was when those 2 planes just happened to crash above Walt's house, or when Andrea's brother just happened to be the kid that killed Combo, or when Walt used fulminated mercury in season 1, despite the fact that fulminated mercury ain't stable enough for any of that scene to happen.

If you want realistic go watch "The Wire". And even that show had a fake serial killer plot, so :stopitslime:

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You can't compare the 2 situations. They got into an emotional fight in a private setting, that's not the same as plotting to kill a dude for no good reason and it being publically known. Nucky kind of had to Kill Jimmy. For better or worse, Eli is Nucky's brother. Plus if Nucky knew for sure that Eli is the one that initiated the campaign to have Nucky killed, Eli would have got it also.

:wtf:

If you get murked you get murked. I don't know what the difference is between your brother killing you in a private setting, and your surrogate son hiring a hit man. Dead is dead....the main difference is it's your brother, which should be far worse. Nobody gives a fukk if they kill off Eli, so they killed Jimmy. That's why he "had to die".

I'm not even one of these super-critical fans that stopped watching the show over it, but a few things in season 2 were :wtb: status.

Fred.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Episode was aight.

Walt's pride has consumed him. I thought he was going to reach for Mike's gun in that scene where he zip tied him up.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
:wtf:

If you get murked you get murked. I don't know what the difference is between your brother killing you in a private setting, and your surrogate son hiring a hit man. Dead is dead....the main difference is it's your brother, which should be far worse. Nobody gives a fukk if they kill off Eli, so they killed Jimmy. That's why he "had to die".

I'm not even one of these super-critical fans that stopped watching the show over it, but a few things in season 2 were :wtb: status.

Fred.

Breh the circumstances were different. Nucky was :pacspit: and slapping the shyt out of Eli:pachaha: before Eli even responded to defend himself. After that, shyt was just a fight that got out of hand. Nucky provoked the actual fight himself, so it makes sense that he might be able to have prospective on the whole thing in the aftermath. Yes he could go either way with the decision, but it's understandable if he lets Eli live from all that Nucky knows.

There is no perspective for somebody knowingly putting a hit out on you then trying to back down after they see that they lost.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
idk what all to say about this episode. jesse surprised the hell outta me finally gettin HIS lick in on somebody :russ: i wanted to see him keep goin. todd is loose cannon. the way he reacted to everybody proves to me that there's no real control over him. and the fact that he still had the boy's spider afterwards... idk somethin aint right there.

skyler... eh who cares :yeshrug:

i'm glad they explained a bit more of the walt/grey matter thing, but i still don't get the need to continue a vagueness about the details... maybe we'll learn that later :manny: but that whole scene reminded me of one of my fav lines from phonte: "and they say that money change you, but money don't change you, it just make you more of what you already are"

i can only imagine what walt's plan is, but there's no doubt its gonna backfire horribly :smh: i smell a war comin on with the phoenix dude as a result too. walt bout to have a lot more blood on his hands :ufdup:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
am i the only person happy that there are less and less walt jr scenes.
when he talks longer then 5 seconds i cringe

tumblr_l0bgxgaFcl1qb9vsro1_500.jpg