Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Daps
Had an impromptu Breaking Bad/Summerslam viewing party at my place with my girl and some friends :leon:

-The cold open was grim as fukk w/ just ambient music being played. I wonder what happened with Drew's body since they weren't gonna dispose him. Jesse snuffing Todd was appropriate.

-Todd explaining himself to Walt & Mike was a great scene because he was echoing what Walt used to say to Jesse ".....us vs them, Gale loses!". Not to mention Skyler saying she gave the money to Ted "...for us, for the family" (which was true) in Crawl Space. The scene reminded me of two brothers (Jesse/Todd) fighting for their father's (Walt) attention. Todd even called him "Mr. White" (Notice they cut to Jesse precisely after he said that, Jesse was heated).

-Breaking Bad usually has one "fukk" per season. We got it lol

-Jesse and Mike quitting made perfect sense, I called it. Mike & Jesse's plan w/ Declan and the methylamine was a good idea but of course Walt wouldn't take it. This is probably Walt's 5th out of the meth game and he ignores it. This time, it will cost him. Walt again is missing the big picture that 5 mill and a clean out >>> 100 mill and death by cancer/thug life.

-Walt whistling after that pep talk to Jesse shows how far Walt's come in the drug world now being able to shrug off a child's death as "shyt happens". Jesse looks at Walt after he says "Because I said so.", is disgusted with Walt's Icarus tale, sees Walt continue to cook without a care in the world, and his refusal to take the 5 mill deal all points to Mr. White fully embracing that thug life. A far cry from who they were in Season 1.

-Skyler was actually close to revealing the truth, the fact that she fukked Ted is the gift that keeps on giving lol. Marie was lookin type good. No Lydia this ep.

-Gray Matter. Walter White. Elliot Schwartz. Schwartz is German for black, thus Gray Matter. Walt's revelation here is full confirmation of his all or nothing approach. $5,000 for 2.16 billion. $5,000 for his children's birthright (Somewhat offtopic, Walt using the word birthright here is interesting as Walt's life resembles the story of Isaac and Esau, Esau gave up his birthright [the recognition as firstborn] for a bowl of soup and Isaac reaped the benefits. Walt gave up Gray Matter for $5,000 and Elliot/Gretchen reaped the benefits). Walt revealed the biggest mistake of his life to Jesse and Jesse ironically shrugged it off, Walt's ego took a crazy hit here.

-Walt/Jesse con't. Walt had a decent point about Jesse/Mike now selling to a competitor after all that they've been through but now the meth business would be someone else's problem, not theirs. I liked Jesse calling out Walt's attitude as he originally only wanted $737,000 (Season 2 premiere was "737"). Walt's gonna get that empire to make up for Gray Matter, no matter the cost. It's not that Walt provides for his family and if he can't someone else (Elliot/Gretchen/Hank/Marie/the community) will, Walt has to be the MAN to provide for his family or they don't get it at all.

-Walt/Skyler/Jesse's dinner was hilarious and awkward. Jesse tends to be "the child" in these scenarios and it was great how he tried to make small talk in order to ease the tension. I like that Skyler's attitude towards Jesse hasn't changed from the third episode and now she knows that Walt and Jesse are dealing together. Walt spinning the situation in order to make Jesse feel guilty was :wow:. Walt's getting sloppy partially because of excessive pride but also because he doesn't care anymore. That's what I got from Walt during this scene.

-Walt being "chained" in the garage reminded me of Krazy 8 chained in Jesse's basement. His smirk at the very end of the episode was chilling.

-Declan is trouble. I think he will be related to Walt's M60 somehow. Declan vs Walt will not end well.

Two (10) episodes left. Everybody wins? You damn right :shaq: 6>5>3>2>4>1.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
-Gray Matter. Walter White. Elliot Schwartz. Schwartz is German for black, thus Gray Matter . Walt's revelation here is full confirmation of his all or nothing approach. $5,000 for 2.16 billion. $5,000 for his children's birthright (Somewhat offtopic, Walt using the word birthright here is interesting as Walt's life resembles the story of Isaac and Esau, Esau gave up his birthright [the recognition as firstborn] for a bowl of soup and Isaac reaped the benefits. Walt gave up Gray Matter for $5,000 and Elliot/Gretchen reaped the benefits). Walt revealed the biggest mistake of his life to Jesse and Jesse ironically shrugged it off, Walt's ego took a crazy hit here. .

:ohhh:

Two (10) episodes left. Everybody wins? You damn right :shaq: 6>5>4>3>2>1 .

fixed it for you :shaq:

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Walt is going to ride with Todd if Jesse and Mike are legit out. Short term thinking. Walt is moving too fast. Wants an empire overnight. He should sit on his supply and plan accordingly. :snoop:
But that won't make for great television. :russ:
:

thank you, It's like dudes here wanna watch Walt go back and be a chemist teacher or some shyt. If they were thinking logically this show would've been over 2 seasons ago. We need to keep that blue meth piff flowin' in the streets brehs...team Heisenberg boss status FTW:lawd:

and it's still fukk Skylar:pacspit:

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yo somebody hit me up with a good link. Dont wannt read through the thread and get that spoiler treatment

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Great episode. Thought Walt was going to brutally kill Mine in that office. Dude was seething with rage.

I liked Jesse's line, 'but is building a meth empire really something to be proud of'?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Why the hell does this show not kill off main characters .

It's gonna be like dominoes and everyone is gonna die at once. Back to back to back. The whole show has been less than a year. I can see Skylar, Walt Jr, Hank, Marie, Holly, Mike, fukk it, anyone except for Jesse, dying within the next 10 episodes.

Everyone is basically gonna go.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but what I'm sayin is with ur "no show logic"

You would have a show if Jessie dies. Vince was talkin about killing Jesse off in the beginning but didn't. If Walt died there would be no show at all.....Jessie has a bigger part but comparing saul and mike is crazy

He was talking about killing off Jesse before he even met Aaron Paul. It was never 100% planned, so I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

And I never said there'd be no show if Jesse died. I said if he dies, it's gonna be in the last handful of eps because this show has very few characters to kill off.

"The Wire" killed off Wallace, season 2 introduced new characters and a story line that had nothing to do with him.....Frank Sobotka died in season 2, season 3 introduced new characters and a story line that had nothing to do with him.

If you kill off Jesse, it would seriously impact the dynamic of the show. There is only one Jesse, or Mike, or Skylar. There is a fukk ton of random characters in "The Wire" or "Sopranos".

The last show to randomly kill off an important cast member was "Boardwalk Empire", and that wasn't received well. So that's not a decision you can make all willy-nilly.

Fred.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tumblr_m92a3aE8oF1r4gekgo1_500.jpg

Excited-Kid.gif

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
The last show to randomly kill off an important cast member was "Boardwalk Empire", and that wasn't received well. So that's not a decision you can make all willy-nilly.
Fred.

If you talking about Jimmy how was Jimmy being killed random? You could see that coming a mile away, Nucky's story is real...Jimmy's is fabricated. He went to war wit Nuck and lost. I thought it was a great way to kill off a fictional character without having to lose any of the main characters.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He went to war wit Nuck and lost. I thought it was a great way to kill off a fictional character without having to lose any of the main characters.

Spoilers for "Boardwalk Empire" season 2....

It was random because Nucky was told "you can't be half a gangster", and he succeeded doing exactly that. He outsmarted everyone on the show, came out on top, and after the fact shot arguably the second most important character on the show. For what exactly? He'd already won his way.

It seemed seemed kinda cheesy and tacked on. Like the writers wanted to end the season with a :whoo: moment and threw all logic out the window.

Then to make matters worse he commits the murder in front of Eli, who already betrayed him once, and is facing jail time Nucky asked him to take. So what's to stop him from snitching to avoid his sentence? Nucky ain't smart enough to think of that?

shyt made no sense at all. :manny:

And it's not as if I'm the only person. Fans went nuts talking about "fukk this show, no Jimmy no show!" after that ep. So nah, you can't kill off important characters just for the hell of it.

Fred.

Raw Lyrics

Sunset Park
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Had an impromptu Breaking Bad/Summerslam viewing party at my place with my girl and some friends :leon:

-The cold open was grim as fukk w/ just ambient music being played. I wonder what happened with Drew's body since they weren't gonna dispose him. Jesse snuffing Todd was appropriate.

-Todd explaining himself to Walt & Mike was a great scene because he was echoing what Walt used to say to Jesse ".....us vs them, Gale loses!". Not to mention Skyler saying she gave the money to Ted "...for us, for the family" (which was true) in Crawl Space. The scene reminded me of two brothers (Jesse/Todd) fighting for their father's (Walt) attention. Todd even called him "Mr. White" (Notice they cut to Jesse precisely after he said that, Jesse was heated).

-Breaking Bad usually has one "fukk" per season. We got it lol

-Jesse and Mike quitting made perfect sense, I called it. Mike & Jesse's plan w/ Declan and the methylamine was a good idea but of course Walt wouldn't take it. This is probably Walt's 5th out of the meth game and he ignores it. This time, it will cost him. Walt again is missing the big picture that 5 mill and a clean out >>> 100 mill and death by cancer/thug life.

-Walt whistling after that pep talk to Jesse shows how far Walt's come in the drug world now being able to shrug off a child's death as "shyt happens". Jesse looks at Walt after he says "Because I said so.", is disgusted with Walt's Icarus tale, sees Walt continue to cook without a care in the world, and his refusal to take the 5 mill deal all points to Mr. White fully embracing that thug life. A far cry from who they were in Season 1.

-Skyler was actually close to revealing the truth, the fact that she fukked Ted is the gift that keeps on giving lol. Marie was lookin type good. No Lydia this ep.

-Gray Matter. Walter White. Elliot Schwartz. Schwartz is German for black, thus Gray Matter. Walt's revelation here is full confirmation of his all or nothing approach. $5,000 for 2.16 billion. $5,000 for his children's birthright (Somewhat offtopic, Walt using the word birthright here is interesting as Walt's life resembles the story of Isaac and Esau, Esau gave up his birthright [the recognition as firstborn] for a bowl of soup and Isaac reaped the benefits. Walt gave up Gray Matter for $5,000 and Elliot/Gretchen reaped the benefits). Walt revealed the biggest mistake of his life to Jesse and Jesse ironically shrugged it off, Walt's ego took a crazy hit here.

-Walt/Jesse con't. Walt had a decent point about Jesse/Mike now selling to a competitor after all that they've been through but now the meth business would be someone else's problem, not theirs. I liked Jesse calling out Walt's attitude as he originally only wanted $737,000 (Season 2 premiere was "737"). Walt's gonna get that empire to make up for Gray Matter, no matter the cost. It's not that Walt provides for his family and if he can't someone else (Elliot/Gretchen/Hank/Marie/the community) will, Walt has to be the MAN to provide for his family or they don't get it at all.

-Walt/Skyler/Jesse's dinner was hilarious and awkward. Jesse tends to be "the child" in these scenarios and it was great how he tried to make small talk in order to ease the tension. I like that Skyler's attitude towards Jesse hasn't changed from the third episode and now she knows that Walt and Jesse are dealing together. Walt spinning the situation in order to make Jesse feel guilty was :wow:. Walt's getting sloppy partially because of excessive pride but also because he doesn't care anymore. That's what I got from Walt during this scene.

-Walt being "chained" in the garage reminded me of Krazy 8 chained in Jesse's basement. His smirk at the very end of the episode was chilling.

-Declan is trouble. I think he will be related to Walt's M60 somehow. Declan vs Walt will not end well.

Two (10) episodes left. Everybody wins? You damn right :shaq: 6>5>3>2>4>1.

Where did you get that Schwartz means black?

EDIT: Nevermind, just googled it.