Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
OK I just finished the entire series and as much as I thoroughly enjoyed it...the show SHOULD NOT continue.

Why?

Because at the end of 4, Gus is dead, and the Cartel parties that wanted to harm Walt, are dead so he is practically safe. He doesn't have any suspicion of being connected with the massive drug ring, legal wise. He is on good terms with his family, his partner, Jessie. He owns a carwash now so he can live comfortably. His cancer keeps regressing.

Jessie found a female with a child (:comeon:) to simp, and he has stashes of cash to live comfortable off of.

The lab is destroyed...

I mean, what else could be a more better ending? Why would Walt foolishly get back into the drug game after all that?

It wouldn't, and it doesn't make sense.

Seasons 5 should not exist, and after all this time, the show has been amazing, I think this is the time it may become unbelievable, and fall off :sadcam:

:wtf:

There is all kinds of loose ends to tie up, that wouldn't be resolved naturally if the show ended. By that I mean, there is things you couldn't just shrug and say "eh, I'm sure it'll work out".

First off, Walt's goal was $737,000. He obviously has nowhere near that at the end of season 4....I'd be surprised if he has $200,000. You could say "well, he did win in the end so he should cut his losses"....but that would be totally out of character for him. If that's the case we can say "well, he could've stopped cooking 2 seasons ago"....he does it because it's all he's good at, and it lets him indulge his latent megalomaniacal tendencies.

Secondly, the DEA is investigating Gus and his death. Keep in mind there is footage at Pollos Hermanos of Walt acting suspicious. Keep in mind Gus had footage of Walt and Jesse cooking.

Keep in mind Mike is still out there, who may or may not want revenge. Keep in mind there is video footage of Jesse giving step by step instructions on how to make blue meth out in Mexico. Keep in mind Madrigal Electromotive, the parent company that owns Pollos Hermanos and built the meth lab is gonna want to know what the fukk happened.

He isn't on good terms with his family, his wife is terrified of him now.

And his cancer is obviously back. It never showed what the doctor said when he went, and he was coughing nonstop in season 4.

So nah....if they had to end it, season 4 would've been fine. But there would've been a ton of unanswered questions.

Fred.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps

There is all kinds of loose ends to tie up, that wouldn't be resolved naturally if the show ended. By that I mean, there is things you couldn't just shrug and say "eh, I'm sure it'll work out".

First off, Walt's goal was $737,000. He obviously has nowhere near that at the end of season 4....I'd be surprised if he has $200,000. You could say "well, he did win in the end so he should cut his losses"....but that would be totally out of character for him. If that's the case we can say "well, he could've stopped cooking 2 seasons ago"....he does it because it's all he's good at, and it lets him indulge his latent megalomaniacal tendencies.

Secondly, the DEA is investigating Gus and his death. Keep in mind there is footage at Pollos Hermanos of Walt acting suspicious. Keep in mind Gus had footage of Walt and Jesse cooking.

Keep in mind Mike is still out there, who may or may not want revenge. Keep in mind there is video footage of Jesse giving step by step instructions on how to make blue meth out in Mexico. Keep in mind Madrigal Electromotive, the parent company that owns Pollos Hermanos and built the meth lab is gonna want to know what the fukk happened.

He isn't on good terms with his family, his wife is terrified of him now.

And his cancer is obviously back. It never showed what the doctor said when he went, and he was coughing nonstop in season 4.

So nah....if they had to end it, season 4 would've been fine. But there would've been a ton of unanswered questions.

Fred.

No...

1. Each time he went to the doctor the cancer was regressing. The main reason he took on the dirty trade was to get the money to support his family. Now that the cancer doesn't seem much of a threat anymore, he doesn't need to "get rich quick" illegally. There have been multiple times throughout the show that he and others said that he is not cut out for this line of work.

2. Ok point taken. The laptop...yeah that can be a problem. But surely, Gus was extra paranoid and cautious remember? Surely he has some kind of safeguard concerning the laptop. I mean this guy was a genius, covering every angle and even seemed to have a 6th sense. Is he going to leave the chance of going completely under by a laptop? :manny:

3. Mike was simply a hired gun. Mike witnessed that Jessie saved his and Gus's life so he wouldn't go after Walter because Jessie would be against that of course. And the fact he was a hired gun makes it highly unbelievable that he would try to avenge Gus's death. Remember, he saw Gus slice one of his hired gunmen right in front of him, that could have been him, so what was Gus more to him than a paycheck in his eyes? He definitely saw there was no true honor with Gus.

4. I wouldn't say his wife is terrified of him. It was highly understandable. He felt they were in danger, what would you expect if someone sold your life raft right when you're about to jump ship? Besides, again, with them having the car wash business things will slowly go back to normal because they are safe and secrets will not be an issue. And when he told her he won, you could tell she was relieved and stuff.

5. His cancer is highly controlled now. He rarely coughed in season 4. He only coughed when running and that's understandable. Each time to the doctor he said the cancer is regressing so why continue the drug trade? That's why he got into it in the first place, he thought the cancer was going to end him earlier than expected so he wanted to save something for his family. But now they have a business to pass on if need be.

:manny:

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Sir, His cancer was almost just an excuse to get into the drug business. Sure, it paid the bills but it also gave him the freedom from being stuck in the family man role and pretty much a pushover working a he job he's clearly over qualified for. He hints at this in season 1 when he at first refuses treatment, he even flat out tells his family that "He's never felt in control of his life", let's also not forget him confronting Hank for probably the first time in his life, and him trying to hit on the principal, these are small but some key points throughout the show.. He's slowly become unraveled..

Aside from all the loose ends mentioned by the previous poster.. Season 5 is essential because it's the first time we'll get to see a mostly "free" Walt (or Heisenberg) in complete control of both his family life and the drug operation.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I'm very curious as to what Walt's attitude torwards Mike will be this season. He seemed to hate him last season after Mike beat him up. But even as drunk on power as Walt will be after killing Gus he has to know he can't fukk with Mike on the violence tip. Killing Gus required a very special set of circumstances, a perfect storm, which he can't replicate with Mike.
If he's smart Walt will try to cozy up to Mike because Mike can open a lot of doors for him. He has connections in the police, connections to hitmen/mercenaries.

Also I may be going on a limb here but maybe Mike was the one that hooked Gus up with Madrigal. Madrigal is a german company and Mike's last name (Ehrmantraut) is german...

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I watched the last episode of season 4 today. This show is epic. I slept on it way too long. I wanna know how he's gonna distribute next season. Can't wait.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To the person who said he started cooking to leave money for his family before he dies, yes that was his goal but 9/10 people who enter the game have goals and always go further (eg. they come into the game for a pair of jordans but they start to go for chains, they come in to put food on the table but now they have 3 benzes, etc)

That is how the game is, and its evident that it's changed Walt. Walt doesn't think like a teacher anymore (aside from when he's cooking and is using his knowledge), he's very much so in the streets as Jesse was, if not more.

Also the person who said he has at max $200,000 right now, yes but he'll get that back easy. I remember an episode he was talking to Skyler and she calculated how much he made. It was between 4-8 mill a year cant remember. So he's gonna profit more now that he doesn't have to go through Gus.

I can guarantee because due to what some might say his "selfishness" for continuing the game, he will either die or go to jail. I'd like to see him free but thats not happening, so I'd like to see how he and Jesse interact in the bin lol

Just 2 questions cause Season 4 was a long time ago if someone can clarify.

1. I remember him laughing about the money in his attic that was lost, how he lose it?

2. At the end we seen the plant in his backyard, indicating he had something to do with Brock, anybody know why he would do that?

I recall them assuming Jesse did it but I really dont remember that part too well lol