Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Why the selective reading breh :smile:...that came AFTER all the drama popped off. If things were nice and quiet the way Gus liked it...he wouldn't bother the family. Hell he might've even been apart of their lives as his 'good citizen' persona and help them out.
I understand that bruh, but when I read this:
Walt's only fukk up was including Jesse when Gus hired him....shyt would've been cool if Walt did his job quietly and no drama...there's no evidence Gus would've bothered the family once Walt died...hell he probably would've supported them on the low himself.

I assumed the bolded was a separate point. Why would Walt have died if he did his job quietly/no drama? No cancer, no beef, no problems. He'dve gotten paid and the whole Ted Beneke situation wouldn't matter at all.

:huh:

Thats the whole point why Walt was doing this...so he could have his wife and children set for life or atleast until they're both done with college. Thats why he was constantly pushing himself and Jesse to attain a certain figure then bounce...that was the plan anyway, but constant twist and turns and ultimately that sneaky Skylar giveaway shyt got in the way.

His point is, worrying about 15 years down the road when you're doing shyt to make sure your family doesn't see another 15 years makes absolutely no sense. You can buy that reasoning if you want to, but it was bs plain and simple. It was a way to rationalize Walt's ego....to justify the unjustifiable. Nothing more, nothing less.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Once she started helping him cook the books, she had no options. The mistake was helping Ted commit an illegal activity, not giving him the money (which is what you're condemning her for).

Giving away 600k is beyond SERIOUS. To me thats worst than cooking the books. She already fukking dude and now she giving him major stacks on some Ginger shyt. fffuuuuuuuccccckkkkk that...I don't hit women but that ass whooping would've been one for the ages breh :ohlawd:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Giving away 600k is beyond SERIOUS. To me thats worst than cooking the books. She already fukking dude and now she giving him major stacks on some Ginger shyt. fffuuuuuuuccccckkkkk that...I don't hit women but that ass whooping would've been one for the ages breh :ohlawd:

she didn't give it to him, she gave it to the US government. She just needed his signature *salutes* :lawd: I already explained why it needed to be done. Don't argue :pacspit:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
No man. :snoop:

Why worry about 15 years from now when you aren't secure today?

How is this hard to understand?

He takes the job in season 1, his medical bills are paid, he has enough money to provide for his family until he dies.

15 years from now, maybe his family is broke.

He doesn't take the job in season 1, and tries to sell enough drugs to generate money for 15 years.

Right now, today, he's dodging death, jail, and the murder of his entire family.

So no....the "future" excuse is bullshyt. What the hell does 15 years from now matter if you aren't safe today?

He's always made an excuse to keep cooking. At first it was "just to pay the medical bills". Then it was "I need $737,000 so they can go to college". Now it's "well, I need to make back that $600,000 we lost".

When things fall apart, and his family is dead, or he dies, I wonder how many people are going to sit there like :ohhh:, as if it wasn't inevitable given the poor choices he's made.

Fred.

Thing is, he was secure when he initially hooked up with Gus and could've worked a '9 to 5' making over 3 milli before he kicked the bucket...he was a dummy for bringing the screw up back in the fold and then thats when the drama popped off.

As for the bolded, how much money is "enough" to u? There's no way he would make enough money there to hold them down for long, unless Grey Matter guarantee something. :ufdup: when u keep talking about that job...completely ignoring that Skyler would've been a single mom with 2 kids, one of which has a health condition...who was gonna take care of them? That was Walt's rationale...making a large sum so that his family would be taken care of.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Thing is, he was secure when he initially hooked up with Gus and could've worked a '9 to 5' making over 3 milli before he kicked the bucket...he was a dummy for bringing the screw up back in the fold and then thats when the drama popped off.

As for the bolded, how much money is "enough" to u? There's no way he would make enough money there to hold them down for long, unless Grey Matter guarantee something. :ufdup: when u keep talking about that job...completely ignoring that Skyler would've been a single mom with 2 kids, one of which has a health condition...who was gonna take care of them? That was Walt's rationale...making a large sum so that his family would be taken care of.
:beli:

First of all, if we're going by Walt's plan (you know, the one where Skyler isn't bytching and he doesn't have his way), he DOES die of the cancer leaving Skyler a single mom with 2 kids. If we go by Skyler's plan, he gets the money for his chemo, works for a job where he makes decent money, AND gets to live his life without danger. This is the plan we're arguing against? Cause you know...the chemo (which Walt didn't want) did work. Are we forgetting about this?

So we're defending a bad plan that turned out to be unnecessary to rationalize....I'm sorry, what are we rationalizing? That the selling meth idea was a splendid one?

So to once again disprove your points. Skyler wouldn't have been a single mom because it wasn't clear Walt was gonna die....HE GAVE UP before the treatment. We don't know how much he was gonna make had he work for Grey Matter, but if they were paying off his insurance as a gift AND giving him a job....that's money his family could live on for a little while. You assume that he would've died but as we know, the cancer goes in remission in less than a year and even if it didn't, there's no way to know how long Walt would've lived for under chemotherapy.

*waits for you to make another excuse for Walt's lazy and egotistical decisions*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Todd VanDerWerff from AV Club has seen the next ep "Dead Freight". Apparently some crazy shyt happens:

https://twitter.com/tvoti/status/233526380682440704

The only proper response to this week's Breaking Bad is: Hoooooooooooooooooooooooly shyt.

I think people who've been whining about lack of action will be pleased.

This week has an impeccably crafted action-y sequence.

Writer George Mastras wrote and directed.

It's not a straight action sequence. Just action-y. Very tense

I'm excited brehs. :damn:

I told y'all after the halfway point shyt would get crazy, same as every season. :youngsabo:

Fred.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps

First of all, if we're going by Walt's plan (you know, the one where Skyler isn't bytching and he doesn't have his way), he DOES die of the cancer leaving Skyler a single mom with 2 kids. If we go by Skyler's plan, he gets the money for his chemo, works for a job where he makes decent money, AND gets to live his life without danger. This is the plan we're arguing against? Cause you know...the chemo (which Walt didn't want) did work. Are we forgetting about this?

So we're defending a bad plan that turned out to be unnecessary to rationalize....I'm sorry, what are we rationalizing? That the selling meth idea was a splendid one?

So to once again disprove your points. Skyler wouldn't have been a single mom because it wasn't clear Walt was gonna die....HE GAVE UP before the treatment. We don't know how much he was gonna make had he work for Grey Matter, but if they were paying off his insurance as a gift AND giving him a job....that's money his family could live on for a little while. You assume that he would've died but as we know, the cancer goes in remission in less than a year and even if it didn't, there's no way to know how long Walt would've lived for under chemotherapy.

*waits for you to make another excuse for Walt's lazy and egotistical decisions*

:mindblown:!!!

:what: U sure u watching the same show as the rest of us breh??

It was "his plan" why they had money to pay for the chemo...it was "his plan" how they payed their bills...it was "his plan" that he found a wealthy employer that made them temporarily set for life. All the things u mentioned already happened due to the drug money he made.

Again, everything was all good until he foolishly let Jesse back in and ruined the good thing he had going on with Gus...that and the bytch giving away his hard earned cash behind his back. :dry:

Also u don't seem to understand that Walt is terminal...he's going to die regardless, its just a case of when not if.

Anyway i'ma let u have the last word...i'm out. :smile:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:mindblown:!!!

:what: U sure u watching the same show as the rest of us breh??

It was "his plan" why they had money to pay for the chemo...it was "his plan" how they payed their bills...it was "his plan" that he found a wealthy employer that made him temporarily set for life. All the things u mentioned already happened due to the drug money he made.

Again, everything was all good until he foolishly let Jesse back in and ruined the good thing he had going on with Gus...that and the bytch giving away his hard earned cash behind his back. :dry:

Also u don't seem to understand that Walt is terminal...he's going to die regardless, its just a case of when not if.

Anyway i'ma let u have the last word...i'm out. :smile:

yes, we are watching the same show. And everything you said is true...that doesn't make what I'm saying a lie. Gretchen & Elliot offered to pay for everything that Walt paid for essentially. So that's a wash. Walt doesn't get credit for doing something he could've done anyway. He also gets a demerit because he's consistently putting everyone he cares for in danger...something that wouldn't have happened in the opposite way. He also had to lie to his entire family to go down this road. The fact of whether dude can get away with it is irrelevant. The point we are arguing was whether he was in the right and Skyler was in the wrong. You can't possibly argue Walt was in the right.

And before you try to continue to go to bat for Walt, consider this:
at the end of season 4, regardless of Skyler's use of the 600K, Walt would've ended up with absolutely nothing to show for all the meth. This is not arguable. Either Ted get's the 600K or Walt uses the 600K to disappear. So his goal would've failed whether Skyler was involved or not. Now let's look at whether he had taken up Gretchen & Elliot on their offer. His cancer goes into remission, he works for one of the best companies, earns a decent living, and by now is A LOT closer to setting his family up for life. So what is the argument here?

As far as the bold, you might want to do research. Terminal cancer can go into remission and stay that way. Walt could've lived a long life...but we know he won't :jawalrus:

Vagina Thief

Your mother has nuts
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Anyone remember Mike Mentioning Walt is a "ticking time bomb?"

The ending of this last episode with the ticking and the tocking had me like :ohhh:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The ending of this last episode with the ticking and the tocking had me like :ohhh:

And the gun click Breh :sadbron:
Someone on another site said in the podcast Vince said season 4 was written as series finale in case negotiations failed . Hmm Maybe walt wins brehs

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The ticking of the watch, the gun click, him nicking himself while shaving, the loose thread on the Heisenberg hat....

shyt is about to fall apart. :to:

Fred.

Ronald

Daps
Wonder when Gray Matter will show up, they're supposed to be in this season

maybe the methylamine Walt and em are stealing is Gray Matter's supply :yeshrug: