Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So how do you Skylar haters/lovers feel about that new clip?

It's kinda hard to be mad at her really.

She basically told Walt "I'll do whatever you want, include die over the shyt you've done, but I just don't want the kids here".

:manny:

Fred.

Yawn more skyler whining lol interesting confrontation .watch this lead to something happening at hank And Marie house . I'm curious where they going with the show .:snoop:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
The problem with your logic is this: Walt could've stopped in season 1. Great job, all medical bills paid, basically set for life until he dies. By that point he had already committed murder, jeopardized his family and personal safety, and he chose to keep dealing drugs.

And Walt didn't "come to any conclusion" about how dangerous it was....Gus said he'd murder his family. I don't understand how Skylar is this horrible hypocrite for wanting out of the drug business now, when Walt completely downplayed how dangerous it was up until now. Not only did Walt continue to sell drugs way beyond what was needed for "his family", he knew they were all in danger and kept it to himself.

Fred.

I think it was Gilligan who said that Walt turned evil when he turned down Gretchen and Elliott's money back in Season 2. He was given a chance to pay his bills and leave the meth business, but his pride got the best of him.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think it was Gilligan who said that Walt turned evil when he turned down Gretchen and Elliott's money back in Season 2. He was given a chance to pay his bills and leave the meth business, but his pride got the best of him.

That was season 1, but yeah. Exactly.

Vince Gilligan said when he first created the show he didn't 100% know Walt's motivations....sure it was for his family, but if you mass produce meth you're going to become very rich very quickly. So that wasn't a viable long term plot line. Walt cooks, makes enough money....the show ends?

Then he thought, Walt continues to cook because he wants to. It has nothing to do with money....it's taking pride in something he's good at. It's the feeling of power that comes from that lifestyle.

And this was obviously laid out in that ep, "Grey Matter". So that's why I'm like :wtf: when people say Walt is doing this for his fam, or because he has to. That shyt went out the window in season 1.

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
*is still :dwillhuh: at dude telling me that Skyler is the reason Walt couldn't get out of the drug game*

:what:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Let's just put this another way so everyone can be happy and get back to discovering hidden shyt like we normally do

The ONE TIME where Walt was so scared that he felt the need to pack up his whole family and disappear from earth, in turn leaving the meth game..... The sole reason he could not complete that mission was because Skyler gave the money away he would have used

Taaaaaah daaaaaah.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Let's just put this another way so everyone can be happy and get back to discovering hidden shyt like we normally do

The ONE TIME where Walt was so scared that he felt the need to pack up his whole family and disappear from earth, in turn leaving the meth game..... The sole reason he could not complete that mission was because Skyler gave the money away he would have used

Taaaaaah daaaaaah.

so what, he had the opportunity to do it before Skyler gave the money away and didn't. He was told about the "get out of the country plan" like three days in advance. Ego kept him in the game and was the reason it got to the point it did. Nope, sorry...Skyler did what she was supposed to do based on what she knew. Walt didn't

:stylin:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
so what, he had the opportunity to do it before Skyler gave the money away and didn't. He was told about the "get out of the country plan" like three days in advance. Ego kept him in the game and was the reason it got to the point it did. Nope, sorry...Skyler did what she was supposed to do based on what she knew. Walt didn't

:stylin:

Giving his money away to some dude she was fukking in order to help cook books she decided to cook is what she was supposed to do??

And I said the ONE TIME. Excusing skyler from any blame for him being in the game at any time EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME

Ill pose it another way. If slyler never gave away that money, would Walt be in the game today?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are the women on this types of shows so fukking annoying? Skyler, Carmella, Nucky's wife can be absolute c*nts sometimes.