Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Giving his money away to some dude she was fukking in order to help cook books she decided to cook is what she was supposed to do??

And I said the ONE TIME. Excusing skyler from any blame for him being in the game at any time EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME

Ill pose it another way. If slyler never gave away that money, would Walt be in the game today?

I think so, yeah. Because currently he has no reason to continue selling dope, but he is anyway. You seriously think Walt would be able to take some bum ass 9-5 job after making millions and being a gangster?

He'd be just like Henry Hill was, after "Goodfellas". Running a drug ring in Witness Protection.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
When I met him in real life, he was also driving the same color Volvo. I wonder if they really used his own car for the show?

Maybe. Walt's crib in season 4 was actually Vince Gilligan's real apartment.

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Giving his money away to some dude she was fukking in order to help cook books she decided to cook is what she was supposed to do??

Ill pose it another way. If slyler never gave away that money, would Walt be in the game today?

Once she started helping him cook the books, she had no options. The mistake was helping Ted commit an illegal activity, not giving him the money (which is what you're condemning her for). The reason she posed as an incompetent bimbo, gave him the money, and sent the goons on him was solely because she put her name in those books. She couldn't afford any sort of law enforcement to be looking into her and Walt's business cause Walt is in the drug game.

And to answer your question, Walt probably wouldn't be in the game cause I highly doubt Saul Goodman had that kind of ace in his pocket that Gus couldn't ever get his hands on Walt. In short, Walt and his fam would be dead...imo

And I said the ONE TIME. Excusing skyler from any blame for him being in the game at any time EXCEPT THAT ONE TIME

So I separated this part from the rest of your post cause I wanted to address it as a completely silly way of thinking. Because of THAT ONE TIME...Walt couldn't get out of the game. So let's hate Skyler. Never mind he could've gotten out of the game in season 1 when he was offered a job at Grey Matter. Never mind he could've gotten out of the game in season 2, when his cancer went into remission (when he and Jesse had just cooked that large batch of meth). Never mind he could've gotten out of the game in season 3 after 3 months of cooking Meth for Gus instead of negotiating himself into a year for 15 mill. And never mind he could've gotten out of the game by disappearing in season 4 BEFORE Gus took Walt out to the desert and threatened to kill his family. Even now, Walt could quit any time he wants to. :ohhh:

No, we're gonna ignore all of that for the "one time" he chose to walk away (after putting himself into an impossible circumstance) because Skyler prevented it from happening. :what:

Do u realize how silly this sounds?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Skyler deserves hatred because no matter what Walt did...it was clear he was doing it for her and the kids, to leave them some security after he's gone. Instead of understanding that like a good decent wife...she decided to shyt on him, fukk another dude, give said dude 600 thou and now mad that Walt did what he had to do to eliminate a threat to the family.

:snoop: Just an ungrateful ho....its not that complicated man.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Skyler deserves hatred because no matter what Walt did...it was clear he was doing it for her and the kids

invalid...hex already addressed this before there was even a Team Sky

Instead of understanding that like a good decent wife...she decided to shyt on him, fukk another dude, give said dude 600 thou and now mad that Walt did what he had to do to eliminate a threat to the family.
:dwillhuh: wait a minute, "a good decent wife" would understand why her currently employed, brilliant scientist of a husband would continue to sell meth when he had the option of making legitimate money? :leon: that's news to me.

And is she mad that Walt did what he had to do to eliminate the family or is she SCARED of her husband who is now an egomaniac & drug lord that refuses to admit his lifestyle has dangers that will forever be imposed on his family? I think it was the latter
:mjpls:

next?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Skyler deserves hatred because no matter what Walt did...it was clear he was doing it for her and the kids, to leave them some security after he's gone. Instead of understanding that like a good decent wife...she decided to shyt on him, fukk another dude, give said dude 600 thou and now mad that Walt did what he had to do to eliminate a threat to the family.

:snoop: Just an ungrateful ho....its not that complicated man.

:mindblown: at people still talking about "he was doing it for his family". The fukk?

In season 1 he could've had a nice job, medical bills paid, set for life until he died. Instead he chose to deal drugs and endanger himself and his whole family.

And there is no way in hell any "good, decent wife" would be ok with him selling drugs after he turned down all the financial help he could ever need in season 1.

If his only concern was his family he's had several ways out....he didn't take any of them.

I swear Walt got some of yall brainwashed like Jesse.

Fred.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
:mindblown: at people still talking about "he was doing it for his family". The fukk?

In season 1 he could've had a nice job, medical bills paid, set for life until he died. Instead he chose to deal drugs and endanger himself and his whole family.

And there is no way in hell any "good, decent wife" would be ok with him selling drugs after he turned down all the financial help he could ever need in season 1.

If his only concern was his family he's had several ways out....he didn't take any of them.

Fred.

Come on over to Team Sky Fred, those dudes are delusional. We the side that understand what's really goin on :ehh:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
invalid...hex already addressed this before there was even a Team Sky

next?

U mean working that little job that was offered? Lets see...working a job that amounts to torture (working for ur 'enemies') for two years for money that probably won't stretch for the family's lifetime.

or...

Doing something u like that will make ur family financially set for life....Tough choice there breh.

Walt's only fukk up was including Jesse when Gus hired him....shyt would've been cool if Walt did his job quietly and no drama...there's no evidence Gus would've bothered the family once Walt died...hell he probably would've supported them on the low himself.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
U mean working that little job that was offered? Lets see...working a job that amounts to torture (working for ur 'enemies') for two years for money that probably won't stretch for the family's lifetime.

or...

Doing something u like that will make ur family financially set for life....Tough choice there breh.

:comeon:

I'm not even gonna argue with you breh. You see it your (incorrect) way; I'll leave you to your ignorance

Edit: and as far as "there not being evidence," Gus told Walt he'd kill his family. That's the entire reason he tried to disappear in the first place. Jesse's plea was only good for Walt staying alive, not the people he loved

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps

Fred.

What guarantee is there that they would've taken care of them for life? You really think they would be looking out for the family for 15+ years after Walt was gone?

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
:comeon:

I'm not even gonna argue with you breh. You see it your (incorrect) way; I'll leave you to your ignorance

Edit: and as far as "there not being evidence," Gus told Walt he'd kill his family. That's the entire reason he tried to disappear in the first place. Jesse's plea was only good for Walt staying alive, not the people he loved

Why the selective reading breh :smile:...that came AFTER all the drama popped off. If things were nice and quiet the way Gus liked it...he wouldn't bother the family. Hell he might've even been apart of their lives as his 'good citizen' persona and help them out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What guarantee is there that they would've taken care of them for life? You really think they would be looking out for the family for 15+ years after Walt was gone?

Why worry about 15 years after he's dead when right now, today he's barely dodging death, jail, and almost getting his family murdered?

The shyt makes no sense from any angle. Grey Matter offered him the job after he had already produced enough meth to put him in jail for life....he had already almost died 2-3x, and had murdered at least one person.

None of that is a problem....but worrying about 15 years down the road is? :wtf:

This argument is especially nonsensical considering we know a year from now Walt will be copping an M-60 assault rifle for some kinda last stand. So obviously he should've taken the job at Grey Matter.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

or...

Walt's only fukk up was including Jesse when Gus hired him....shyt would've been cool if Walt did his job quietly and no drama...there's no evidence Gus would've bothered the family once Walt died...hell he probably would've supported them on the low himself.

Breh if he was really doing it for his family who gives a fukk if he's working for people he don't like? He could've taken that L for the greater good of his family.

Instead he decided to work with people that will actually kill his family, like Krazy 8, Tuco, and Gus.

Grey Matter ain't gonna murder his whole family, I don't care how bad he fukks up.

And :wtf: at you keep worrying about whether or not the Grey Matter money would last a life time, when being a drug dealer shortens the life expectancy and freedom of his family.

Fred.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Why worry about 15 years after he's dead when right now, today he's barely dodging death, jail, and almost getting his family murdered?

The shyt makes no sense from any angle. Grey Matter offered him the job after he had already produced enough meth to put him in jail for life....he had already almost died 2-3x, and had murdered at least one person.

None of that is a problem....but worrying about 15 years down the road is :wtf:

This argument is especially nonsensical considering we know a year from now Walt will be copping an M-60 assault rifle for some kinda last stand. So obviously he should've taken the job at Grey Matter.

Fred.

:huh:

Thats the whole point why Walt was doing this...so he could have his wife and children set for life or atleast until they're both done with college. Thats why he was constantly pushing himself and Jesse to attain a certain figure then bounce...that was the plan anyway, but constant twist and turns and ultimately that sneaky Skylar giveaway shyt got in the way.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:huh:

Thats the whole point why Walt was doing this...so he could have his wife and children set for life or atleast until they're both done with college. Thats why he was constantly pushing himself and Jesse to attain a certain figure then bounce...that was the plan anyway, but constant twist and turns and ultimately that sneaky Skylar giveaway shyt got in the way.

No man. :snoop:

Why worry about 15 years from now when you aren't secure today?

How is this hard to understand?

He takes the job in season 1, his medical bills are paid, he has enough money to provide for his family until he dies.

15 years from now, maybe his family is broke.

He doesn't take the job in season 1, and tries to sell enough drugs to generate money for 15 years.

Right now, today, he's dodging death, jail, and the murder of his entire family.

So no....the "future" excuse is bullshyt. What the hell does 15 years from now matter if you aren't safe today?

He's always made an excuse to keep cooking. At first it was "just to pay the medical bills". Then it was "I need $737,000 so they can go to college". Now it's "well, I need to make back that $600,000 we lost".

When things fall apart, and his family is dead, or he dies, I wonder how many people are going to sit there like :ohhh:, as if it wasn't inevitable given the poor choices he's made.

Fred.