Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Watching the "inside episode 504" and Anna Gunn (Skylar) just confirmed Walt was lying during the whole dinner, about the chemo shyt.

Breaking Bad - Inside Episode 504 Breaking Bad: Fifty-One – AMC

Fred.

See this is what I'm talking about. I know she said it was all lies

I'm listening to the podcast. Vince clearly says "in my mind, he was telling a truthful story"

It's like nobody knows what's really going on. Too many moving parts. A movie has one director, the writers on set, the actors refer to both for these type of questions.

So while this is an amazing show just watching. When u go behind the scenes to find the facts, seems its hard to get a straight answer

On a side note they on the podcast trying to figure out why people on boards hate skyler. 5 people there and not one mentions cheating or giving away the money. "skyler" came up with, they wanna be walt and they hate me for telling him what to do. Cause I'm a woman and maybe they think women shouldn't do or say certain things. No baby it's cause you fukked another guy, gave away his money and then wanna stop once YOU feel it's enough

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

I'm listening to the podcast. Vince clearly says "in my mind, he was telling a truthful story"

It's like nobody knows what's really going on. Too many moving parts. A movie has one director, the writers on set, the actors refer to both for these type of questions.

So while this is an amazing show just watching. When u go behind the scenes to find the facts, seems its hard to get a straight answer

On a side note they on the podcast trying to figure out why people on boards hate skyler. 5 people there and not one mentions cheating or giving away the money. "skyler" came up with, they wanna be walt and they hate me for telling him what to do. Cause I'm a woman and maybe they think women shouldn't do or say certain things. No baby it's cause you fukked another guy, gave away his money and then wanna stop once YOU feel it's enough
u know if that storyline wasn't put in you'd still hate Skyler

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Are y'all serious? :russ: :wow:

Yeah, it's time to get out the game when one of the most powerful men in the country is trying to kill you and your family...no, only then was Walter right to get out the game. Not before...not after. :ohhh: Damn, so enlightening

:childplease:

You can't play both sides of the fence. Skylar is cool cause she finally realized that cooking meth could lead to bad things. And Walt won't let her out. Remember she asked why he was still doing it. He quickly said "well I gotta get back that 600k WE lost" basically told her its her fault

But when walt came to the conclusion that maybe dealing meth was dangerous. And he wanted to get out the game. He couldn't because of skylar. Cause she willingly committed a federal crime, then willingly gave away drug money to Ted without asking and then willingly gave over 400k to hank for his bills. Sounds like a cool million to me that she could have to say "we have a million and a car wash baby lets chill"

So why's it ok for her to do all that knowing where it's from, and sooo wrong for Walt to say fukk it, I'll do it too. And nobody made her cook those books. Ted gave her a sob story about workers getting fired and she went right along with it. IRS showed up and she lied and acted dumb. They asked for money and she gave it up. She knew he couldn't pay it back even of he paid the IRS. His business sucked. So she was giving away free money. Drug money. Money she didn't earn

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The writers can't understand why people hate Skylar more than Walt. Whether or not she's unlikeable in general is another topic.

As far as what Vince said, he didn't write or direct the ep. He most likely wasn't even there when it was being filmed, he sits in the editing room most of the time looking for errors, etc. So he was giving his opinion, not saying "yeah, Walt is definitely telling the truth". I dunno how long you've been listening to the podcasts but the writers, directors, and even editors give their opinion all the time....sometimes conflicting opinions, like the "Gus is gay" shyt.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You can't play both sides of the fence. Skylar is cool cause she finally realized that cooking meth could lead to bad things. And Walt won't let her out. Remember she asked why he was still doing it. He quickly said "well I gotta get back that 600k WE lost" basically told her its her fault

But when walt came to the conclusion that maybe dealing meth was dangerous. And he wanted to get out the game. He couldn't because of skylar. Cause she willingly committed a federal crime, then willingly gave away drug money to Ted without asking and then willingly gave over 400k to hank for his bills. Sounds like a cool million to me that she could have to say "we have a million and a car wash baby lets chill"

So why's it ok for her to do all that knowing where it's from, and sooo wrong for Walt to say fukk it, I'll do it too. And nobody made her cook those books. Ted gave her a sob story about workers getting fired and she went right along with it. IRS showed up and she lied and acted dumb. They asked for money and she gave it up. She knew he couldn't pay it back even of he paid the IRS. His business sucked. So she was giving away free money. Drug money. Money she didn't earn

The problem with your logic is this: Walt could've stopped in season 1. Great job, all medical bills paid, basically set for life until he dies. By that point he had already committed murder, jeopardized his family and personal safety, and he chose to keep dealing drugs.

And Walt didn't "come to any conclusion" about how dangerous it was....Gus said he'd murder his family. I don't understand how Skylar is this horrible hypocrite for wanting out of the drug business now, when Walt completely downplayed how dangerous it was up until now. Not only did Walt continue to sell drugs way beyond what was needed for "his family", he knew they were all in danger and kept it to himself.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:wtf: you can't be serious? that was money that he earned, risked his life for and all he had to show for going thru that war with Gus. This bytch takes it and secretly gives it to Ted so he can tell her to fukk off and buy a new sports car. Walt's cancer is in remission, that don't mean its cured. That $600k ain't shyt when you talking about cancer medical bills. He needs to recoup that money and then some.

breh, as far as Heisenberg is concerned that bytch lucky to be breathing at this point. She lucky he ain't ask for interest on that 600k either :ufdup:

Let's look at worst case scenarios here.

1. If Walt stops dealing drugs, worst case scenario the cancer comes back and his family goes into debt.

2. If Walt continues dealing drugs, worst case scenario is someone murders him and his entire family.

Keep in mind he could've easily avoided #1 by taking the job in season 1.

If you've been slanging millions of dollars of dope for a year....dodged death and jail numerous times....literally got away with murder....and your only immediate concern is "will my cancer come back?"....that is literally the best possible outcome for you. You won....the fukk more do you want? $600,000 that is gone? shyt is :mindblown: Charge that to the game and KIM.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The writers can't understand why people hate Skylar more than Walt. Whether or not she's unlikeable in general is another topic.

As far as what Vince said, he didn't write or direct the ep. He most likely wasn't even there when it was being filmed, he sits in the editing room most of the time looking for errors, etc. So he was giving his opinion, not saying "yeah, Walt is definitely telling the truth". I dunno how long you've been listening to the podcasts but the writers, directors, and even editors give their opinion all the time....sometimes conflicting opinions, like the "Gus is gay" shyt.

Fred.

:rudy: and thats why I stopped listening to the podcast . What I agree with is the fact that skyler has been written as a wet blanket for most the show so why would we be team skyler?? She isn't entertaining you guys keep arguing about this show like its real life we don't want Walt to quit or the shows done. And this she's not as bad as Walt stuff y'all saying she's still pretty damn bad and instead of trying to break free she compounded walts mistakes . So no sympathy for her

And on a side note whatever happened with Grey matter ? Why did Walt disappear and leave the company ??!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Shes right in this case

Your children >>>>> everything else.... Skylar may be a c*nt but Walt has put his children in harms way, simple as that. Doesn't mean Skylar is right or mean anyone is simping her, it just means she right in this case. Don't understand what's so hard for people to comprehend.

What makes it so easy to hate her is the kids was in danger from day one. If Walt got caught, the dea would seize the house and money. If she got caught, she'd be locked up and the IRS would seize the money and house. If Ted got killed, same outcome. If the fam found out she was fukking ted, the kids would be devastated. If the IRS comes down on the car wash, it's all getting seized. Kids watch mom or dad or both go to jail. No money for college or a home to live in.

I don't care what level criminal you are. You know jail could be involved cause you know it's illegal. So now I'm dead broke, 40k in the hole actually. Now u wanna preach to me?? If she never gave away that money, they'd be gone by now and Walt would have no choice but to be a teacher or go work for some company cause he'd be on the run with a fake identity. Most likely with his fam in another country. He mentioned getting out before she ever did. Only when he couldn't, because of her, did she see that maybe this could result in jail or death

No shyt Sherlock

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
u know if that storyline wasn't put in you'd still hate Skyler

No I wouldn't. It's rare I hate a character. It's a testament to her great acting that she can make so many people love and hate her. I do have a BIG issue with people who think they are better than the next person.

God said look at your own issues before you speak on another persons issues. I always say before you say word word about me, think about if you did it... If so, shut the fukk up... God said no sin is above another. So lying is the same as murder in his eyes. I'm the same way. You're a federal criminal, doing what to got to do to survive. Or live lavish or whatever. I don't care if you sellin weed or selling coke. If you stealing 100 billion from pension or 50 dollars from an old lady. You're a criminal period. How you gonna fix your mouth to look down on another criminal. And above that, your co-D. If he going down, they looking in those accounts and she going down too

And to the podcast. Yes I know sometimes it's opinion. That's my issue. You created the fukking show. Why are you stating yea I saw it as the truth. And another actress comes in, yea it was all lies. Yea it was written Gus is gay. No it was never in there. I mean what is the point of that? I don't go to watch movies and hear Christian bale say yea batman was alive. Then Christopher Nolan comes in, nah batman died and it was an illusion. What the fukk? This ain't choose your own adventure. You telling me a man with the greatest attention to detail ever, has no idea which parts of the story are true or false??

It shouldn't drive me crazy but it does. Cause now you watch the scene an have no clue how to take it. I listen to get those little info blocks that u don't see on tv. To get backround and hear things I missed. If I wanted to get some opinion of someone who really has no clue, and was just guessing, I'd come on....... Nevermind

Heisenberg

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i thought i had the methylene connect for heisenberg today brehs...

wEVHd.jpg

wrong chemical :snoop: but i think the owner of the place was definitely cooking, he even mentioned meth

:manny:

*AP

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone have an interpretation of Walt's hat at the very end with the loose thread starting to come out of the hat? We all know every shot on this show is for a reason. I think it's saying that even Heisenberg's plans can come unraveled, and that the fabric of his world is slowly going to come apart.

bryan-cranston-breaking-bad-fifty-one.jpg

When I saw it I thought of it representing hair, and we know his hair is about to start growing as shown in that preview in ep. 1