Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Jesse is still acting like a little bytch, trying to save Lydia, he's hung up on his guilt over Gale and Jane, he knew Lydia for, like 2 hours, and is going to bat for her?

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3v352.png

It might be a reach, but a watch has 12 numbers on it...12 months will fast forward us to Walt's 52nd birthday, the start of season 5. Jesse gave him the watch, which is symbolic in itself.........but all of that might be a reach :D

I loved the symbolism, with Sky falling into the pool, with the blue hue and the blue dress. The blue representing the Meth and her being in the pool it consumed her and it is taking her life (drowning).

Also there was a part with her blue dress dripping, just like the meth when it is being cooked. :mindblown:

Skylar is going to die because of this meth and we all know this.

One week is so far away:ohlawd:

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
because of his ego :damn:

:ooh:

This "she's a hypocrite shyt can only be used as an excuse for so long." Walt ain't a hypocrite either? He hasn't broken any of his own values? He hasn't judged Jesse for 3-4 seasons only to turn into Jesse his goddamn self? :why: Shyt, the whole show is built around Walt's hypocrisy. He started off trying to be a man for his family but now he's putting his manhood above his family. Remember the Walt that wanted to stay outside of the business? Now he wants to BE the business.

Lol @ y'all condemning Skylar for smoking while pregnant but not givin a fukk that Walt could've gotten his entire family gunned up and clapped quick.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo"]Shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttt[/ame]

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because of his ego :damn:

:ooh:

This "she's a hypocrite shyt can only be used as an excuse for so long." Walt ain't a hypocrite either? He hasn't broken any of his own values? He hasn't judged Jesse for 3-4 seasons only to turn into Jesse his goddamn self? :why: Shyt, the whole show is built around Walt's hypocrisy. He started off trying to be a man for his family but now he's putting his manhood above his family. Remember the Walt that wanted to stay outside of the business? Now he wants to BE the business.

Lol @ y'all condemning Skylar for smoking while pregnant but not givin a fukk that Walt could've gotten his entire family gunned up and clapped quick.

Exactly. Walt's ego is the reason he's cooking meth right now.

Creator of the show said Walt became the bad guy when he rejected his former partner's money to cook meth instead.

This man chose cooking meth, something that as we see now, puts him and his family in constant danger simply because he didn't want to accept money from someone he thought wronged him, someone that still consideres Walt a friend.

Is Skylar hypocritical, a c*nt, a bytch, selfish and annoying. Yes to all of them. However, she's the one that appreciates the danger the family has been in and will continue to be in with Walt cooking. She only knows about Gus sending guys to the house. She doesn't know about the twins sitting on their bed while Walt was in the shower or that Tuco kidnapped Walt in front of the house and she still acknowledges the fact that everything isn't all right.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global

:leostare: I can't tell if you are trolling my nikka

Aight I think I speak for everyone here who dislike Skylar, that these are the reasons why:

1. She's been an emasculating uptight bytch since season 1. This is when Walt was still a p*ssy underachieving teacher who just found out he had cancer. Constantly telling him which card to use, telling Elliot about his condition without even asking him if he wanted to, etc. Basically being extra controlling but portrayed in a very irritating manner. (see - "Skylar ... for once, would you PLEASE, crawl out of my ass? That would be nice." :laugh: )

2. Walt (still nowhere near breaking bad, just lying to cover his tracks) is doing his chemo and all that, she start to suspect that he is having an affair with no basis of proof. Though obviously he is being a bit shady and since she is supposed to be a smart character, it is understandable why she'd be suspicious. However, SHE was the one making googley eyes and showing her inner hoe traits with Ted when she just got her job back waaaay before the whole "two cell phones" deal, yet she have the audacity to give Walt the silent treatment based on her assumption and then - and this is important - smokes while pregnant KNOWING it is bad for the baby. Like you can't even say "well she didn't think it'd be bad etc", she KNEW and did it anyway because she is a selfish bytch.

3. Before finding out about the meth, she found out about Ted's tax evasion and KNOWINGLY helped him cook the books. YET when she found out about Walt cooking he is immediately dehumanized and penalized for being a criminal. Both are crimes that is punishable by prison, yet she with her supposedly righteous moral compass can freely decide which is worse than the other? She is so quick to stand by her former boss that recently employed her but not for her cancer ridden husband? Again, she cooked the books BEFORE finding about the meth - which led to the 600,000 given away, which led to Walt killing Gus because his get away plan failed ... no matter how you spin it, she had a big hand in the whole situation and was definitely partly responsible ... yet she is gonna hold it against Walt for killing Gus when SHE fukked up plan A?

4. This one is obvious - sleeps with boss who shes been flirting/eyeing to "get back" at Walt. Then rubs it in his face. If that is not c*nt behavior to you ...

See, you don't have to like Walt, but you gotta be blind as fukk to just shrug off all of the above. Walt obviously done a lot of dumb shyt, dude is feelin' himself too much and losing it. But not liking Walt or thinking he is scum =/= Skylar is good.

However, the difference is Walt didn't set out to break his own values - that is the whole premise of the show - he gradually become another person entirely over the course of the season. He is breaking bad (or already broke according to most lol). Skylar on the other hand, remained on her obnoxious moral high horse since the beginning, yet repeatedly contradicted herself SINCE the beginning ... as far as I'm concerned, she's been bad.

So yeah, :pacspit: that bytch.

/rant.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This guy is someone too. Todd, the bug bomb guy that disabled the Nanny Camera. He's a fairly major actor on Friday Night Lights, and for him to be a background burglar on this show makes no sense. I wonder if maybe he is undercover investigating the burglar ring of Vamanos Pest and comes across Walt and Jesse? They showed him and Walt talking again on the preview for next weeks episode. Regardless, something is funny about this cat.

BreakingBadTodd.jpeg

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Aight I think I speak for everyone here who dislike Skylar, that these are the reasons why:

1. She's been an emasculating uptight bytch since season 1. This is when Walt was still a p*ssy underachieving teacher who just found out he had cancer. Constantly telling him which card to use, telling Elliot about his condition without even asking him if he wanted to, etc. Basically being extra controlling but portrayed in a very irritating manner. (see - "Skylar ... for once, would you PLEASE, crawl out of my ass? That would be nice." :laugh: )

2. Walt (still nowhere near breaking bad, just lying to cover his tracks) is doing his chemo and all that, she start to suspect that he is having an affair with no basis of proof. Though obviously he is being a bit shady and since she is supposed to be a smart character, it is understandable why she'd be suspicious. However, SHE was the one making googley eyes and showing her inner hoe traits with Ted when she just got her job back waaaay before the whole "two cell phones" deal, yet she have the audacity to give Walt the silent treatment based on her assumption and then - and this is important - smokes while pregnant KNOWING it is bad for the baby. Like you can't even say "well she didn't think it'd be bad etc", she KNEW and did it anyway because she is a selfish bytch.

3. Before finding out about the meth, she found out about Ted's tax evasion and KNOWINGLY helped him cook the books. YET when she found out about Walt cooking he is immediately dehumanized and penalized for being a criminal. Both are crimes that is punishable by prison, yet she with her supposedly righteous moral compass can freely decide which is worse than the other? She is so quick to stand by her former boss that recently employed her but not for her cancer ridden husband? Again, she cooked the books BEFORE finding about the meth - which led to the 600,000 given away, which led to Walt killing Gus because his get away plan failed ... no matter how you spin it, she had a big hand in the whole situation and was definitely partly responsible ... yet she is gonna hold it against Walt for killing Gus when SHE fukked up plan A?

4. This one is obvious - sleeps with boss who shes been flirting/eyeing to "get back" at Walt. Then rubs it in his face. If that is not c*nt behavior to you ...

See, you don't have to like Walt, but you gotta be blind as fukk to just shrug off all of the above. Walt obviously done a lot of dumb shyt, dude is feelin' himself too much and losing it. But not liking Walt or thinking he is scum =/= Skylar is good.

However, the difference is Walt didn't set out to break his own values - that is the whole premise of the show - he gradually become another person entirely over the course of the season. He is breaking bad (or already broke according to most lol). Skylar on the other hand, remained on her obnoxious moral high horse since the beginning, yet repeatedly contradicted herself SINCE the beginning ... as far as I'm corned, she's been bad.

/rant.

Nice break down man

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
-The cold open w/ Walt selling the Aztek (RIP) was great and really parallels Gus's hide in plain sight attitude and Walt's IDGAF attitude. The dubstep music being played highlights Walt high on life and on a victory lap now that he's in charge. The fact Jr. got his Charger back is also a slap in the face to Skyler's worries from season 4.

-I hope Gomez isn't a mole for Mike, I feel it's a tired trope of an inside man in a law enforcement agency helping the criminal not to mention Merkert, Hank's old boss was fired and he was long suspected of working for Gus. I also like the Gomez/Hank dynamic so I hope that doesn't change. Good for Hank on his promotion, he got over his PTSD and the fact he wouldn't go to El Paso because of what happened to Tortuga in season 2.

-Lydia is really rattled and all it takes for her to break is just to sit in an interrogation room. I kinda like her nervousness, it's oddly attractive. :shaq:

-We all knew Marie was gonna tell Hank so no surprise there. Hank still remembers Walt's second cell phone, this might be the start of Hank gathering the mental clues and putting them together.

-In the first episode Walt was genuinely surprised at his 50th birthday party. Here, King Walt is expecting a big party (he checks himself in the car mirror) and only sees Jr. watching TV and Skyler making a quiet dinner. Great reversal. This episode had a lot of continuity and callbacks btw.

-Awkward birthday dinner. Liked Marie's meta joke commenting on how long it's been. I felt Walt was talking about the drug trade/family/cancer in his speech while Marie and Hank only assumed he was talking about his family/cancer. Some people here feel it's implausible that all this would happen in exactly one year and there has only been two time jumps in the show (Walt's operation and Jesse in rehab). Have to refresh my memory.

-I didn't talk about Skyler last week so here it goes: With her family there it was obvious Skyler wasn't going to commit that but it was a cry for help from a confused and trapped woman. I've watched seasons 1-4 three times and by second watch I sympathized with Skyler a lot more.
I was surprised at Walt turning Heisenberg right in front of her and that bedroom scene was excellent yet disturbing. I liked that she owned up to the fact that she is an accomplice but doesn't want her children there which is understandable IMO, they were directly threatened by Gus only a few weeks before, the twins sat on their bed while Walt was in the shower and Tuco kidnapped him in front of his own home. Danger has already been to their doorstep and to think she only knows about Gus. She also mentioned that she won't snitch (you conveniently forgot this) but just wants the kids out of an environment that hasn't been safe since season 1. Saul mentioned that Walt should be happy he's alive, if not for the hazard pay Mike would be gone, and Skyler was :wtf: at him resuming his meth business, Walt is pushing his luck and everyone but him seems to know it.

-Jesse getting Walt the watch was awwww, in a fukked up way Jesse is Walt's only ally and short of Jr. and Holly he is probably the person closest to him. So for Walt to show off the watch as a "trophy" to Skyler instead of a genuine (at least to Jesse) token of friendship was :wow: to me. Walt is crazy good and rationalizing and creating a alternate reality. His decision to keep the meth flowing and nothing stops this train was a direct response to Skyler sonning him the night before.

Time is ticking, Walt. The boom is coming.

Good ep 3>2>4>1

It's a trope because it's realistic. A drug lord running a multi-million dollar business would feasibly try to plant someone in the DEA, FBI, whatever.

Fred.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
:pacspit: no body stops this train
breakingbad3.jpg

:pachaha:

Walt should be Suge the puppetmaster. Mike should be Dre (actively hates Suge while working with him). Gus should be Pac (potential GOAT drug dealer who met his end way before his time), and Jesse is Snoop (he'll be Jamaican before the series ends :jawalrus: )

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY

However, the difference is Walt didn't set out to break his own values - that is the whole premise of the show - he gradually become another person entirely over the course of the season. He is breaking bad (or already broke according to most lol). Skylar on the other hand, remained on her obnoxious moral high horse since the beginning, yet repeatedly contradicted herself SINCE the beginning ... as far as I'm concerned, she's been bad.

/rant.

The thing is, no defending here right now is giving her a pass for her previous actions. We have just been saying she is right in this one incident. Hank has brought murder home to where his children lay their heads. He has put his children in immediate danger, even thought Skylar is a hypocrite it doesn't make her any less wrong in this instance