Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I didn't even consider Hank suspecting Gomez and not Walt :ohhh:

But after seeing the suspect board last night I'm convinced Gomez is working for Mike. They only showed 8 pictures but he has 9 guys. The reason no one knows about Gomez is because he can't have everyone knowing he's a dirty cop. He only deals with Mike. I wouldn't be surprised if Gomez rats out Walt to save himself now.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
He always subtly goes against Hank when Hank mentions a suspect.

Hank says, "What about that Lydia?" and the first thing Gomez says is, "Nah.. no way"

He did that with Gus when Hank turned his attention on him as well...

i wish i could find the video but he was squirmin like a muhfukka when hank came in and revealed gus

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Some of y'all need to realize, the only reason Skylar serves any purpose is cause of Walt's ego and carelessness

*team Skylar chants*

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
Was there any symbolism behind the ending shot of the watch ticking and that loud tick at the end? I wasn't sure what to make of that. Maybe something like the more they continue the closer they are to being caught.

But :ohhh: at the Gomez mole hypothesis, it does make sense to me brehs.

Daps
-The cold open w/ Walt selling the Aztek (RIP) was great and really parallels Gus's hide in plain sight attitude and Walt's IDGAF attitude. The dubstep music being played highlights Walt high on life and on a victory lap now that he's in charge. The fact Jr. got his Charger back is also a slap in the face to Skyler's worries from season 4.

-I hope Gomez isn't a mole for Mike, I feel it's a tired trope of an inside man in a law enforcement agency helping the criminal not to mention Merkert, Hank's old boss was fired and he was long suspected of working for Gus. I also like the Gomez/Hank dynamic so I hope that doesn't change. Good for Hank on his promotion, he got over his PTSD and the fact he wouldn't go to El Paso because of what happened to Tortuga in season 2.

-Lydia is really rattled and all it takes for her to break is just to sit in an interrogation room. I kinda like her nervousness, it's oddly attractive. :shaq:

-We all knew Marie was gonna tell Hank so no surprise there. Hank still remembers Walt's second cell phone, this might be the start of Hank gathering the mental clues and putting them together.

-In the first episode Walt was genuinely surprised at his 50th birthday party. Here, King Walt is expecting a big party (he checks himself in the car mirror) and only sees Jr. watching TV and Skyler making a quiet dinner. Great reversal. This episode had a lot of continuity and callbacks btw.

-Awkward birthday dinner. Liked Marie's meta joke commenting on how long it's been. I felt Walt was talking about the drug trade/family/cancer in his speech while Marie and Hank only assumed he was talking about his family/cancer. Some people here feel it's implausible that all this would happen in exactly one year and there has only been two time jumps in the show (Walt's operation and Jesse in rehab). Have to refresh my memory.

-I didn't talk about Skyler last week so here it goes: With her family there it was obvious Skyler wasn't going to commit that but it was a cry for help from a confused and trapped woman. I've watched seasons 1-4 three times and by second watch I sympathized with Skyler a lot more.
I was surprised at Walt turning Heisenberg right in front of her and that bedroom scene was excellent yet disturbing. I liked that she owned up to the fact that she is an accomplice but doesn't want her children there which is understandable IMO, they were directly threatened by Gus only a few weeks before, the twins sat on their bed while Walt was in the shower and Tuco kidnapped him in front of his own home. Danger has already been to their doorstep and to think she only knows about Gus. She also mentioned that she won't snitch (you conveniently forgot this) but just wants the kids out of an environment that hasn't been safe since season 1. Saul mentioned that Walt should be happy he's alive, if not for the hazard pay Mike would be gone, and Skyler was :wtf: at him resuming his meth business, Walt is pushing his luck and everyone but him seems to know it.

-Jesse getting Walt the watch was awwww, in a fukked up way Jesse is Walt's only ally and short of Jr. and Holly he is probably the person closest to him. So for Walt to show off the watch as a "trophy" to Skyler instead of a genuine (at least to Jesse) token of friendship was :wow: to me. Walt is crazy good and rationalizing and creating a alternate reality. His decision to keep the meth flowing and nothing stops this train was a direct response to Skyler sonning him the night before.

Time is ticking, Walt. The boom is coming.

Good ep 3>2>4>1

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
It used to be expensive wine, and now this idiot Walt is selling a perfectly fine minivan for 50 bucks and buying Challengers for him and his son. :damn:

fukk Walt. Team Sky all the way. :bustback:

RicanFury

Come Home With Me
Daps
Reppin
a BRONX Slum by I-87 NORTH
Sky is annoying as fukk. i mean i understand her reaction but Walt should just move into his bachelor pad and get his kingpin on. A woman like Skylar around you is just gonna distract you and stress you out. she aint built for that life. just let her be and go your own way. she be happy, you be happy.

:smugdraper:@ the car scene. Walt and Junior were shinin':myman:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Speaking of all this mole talk, we (as viewers) don't definitively know who called Hank when the brothers almost got him, do we?

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
He went on one stake out with Hank and that suddenly made him wise to the game. And the case file on Gale was mostly about the construction of the meth lab and the meth formula. I doubt Walt learned much about how to be a kingpin from those two encounters.
Not 1 stake-out and Hank always talked about his job to Walt and Walt jr, that is why at 1 point Walt Jr looked up to Hank more than his own dad, how many times has Hank talked about his job, several from what i remember and a guy as smart as Walt would pick up it as he goes along. Remember this, there is no manual on being a dealer, Boston George Micheal Munday and Jon Roberts all learned the trade as they went on, they didn't deal with street crews, they were smarter than that, they had more value that the average Victor, Tyrus and even Jessie.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I had to take my dap back when I read the part about jessie :pachaha:
I just hope it stays team walt and jessie till the end. I don't mind seeing either die but don't wanna see them turn on each other. They make a good team.

I wish the same but we both know Jesse will find out about Brock and when he does it's gonna get hectic!

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of all this mole talk, we (as viewers) don't definitively know who called Hank when the brothers almost got him, do we?

I always thought it was Mike that called to warn him but then wouldn't Hank remember his voice? Did the caller use a voice altering device? I don't remember.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
Damn she is just waiting for the cancer to come back. If I was Walt I would concentrate on being a drug kingpin until my cancer got me. But dude wants it all before he dies.