Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Walt trusted Jesse and his guys, Mike would not even be in the picture. I'm not sure why Walt doesn't find someone else. This feels like sloppy writing, because nothing is forcing Walt to work with Mike.
I do agree with the sloppy writing. I mean we get scenes of them looking for a cook house but Walt never once asks mike anything about expenses and stuff? His ego .wouldn't allow that he likes being in control . I mean if mike didn't come back they were going to cook someway so people saying the couldn't they were :youngsabo:
Not to mention I bet you bryan Cranston didn't feel like Walt was really just manipulating Jesse, same way he didn't know that Walt had poisoned Brock so that's why he played it so convincing . He really thought he didn't do it

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: at the bolded.

No Mike, no Lydia, no methylamine. No methylamine, no operation. They definitely have to work with Mike for the time being. They currently have no plan b.

Fred.
Why do they need Mike? Lydia was planning on having Mike killed anyway wasn't she?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

No Mike, no Lydia, no methylamine. No methylamine, no operation. They definitely have to work with Mike for the time being. They currently have no plan b.

Fred.

People keep saying that but did Walt say he needed mike for his methylmine connection? I don't think he even knew mike could get that . They were going to cook either way ; they would figure of something out they always did.

Daps
iSljqeEGbH0yo.gif
:youngsabo:

Habit

Banned
Daps

Fred.

You telling me the only reason they work with Mike is to get methylamine? Which is ammonia and methanol? Those Mexican chemist didn't even need that.

This is horrible writing if they keep Mike around when we know:
1)Walt can still make meth no matter what
2)Jesse has his own drug dealers to move product

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Just came in to say skyler and marie are filler. So annoying. Like the way the season is picking up.

I know people hate Skylar but she is needed on the show. Without Skylar the show would be missing a seriously dynamic in showing what a complete sociopath Walt has become. Yeah you could see it in his actions dealing with people like Gus, Mike, Jesse, etc. But in that world dealing with those people, becoming a sociopath is the norm it wouldn't be any different that any other drug related show/movie. His mind fukking of Skylar the past 4 episodes though displays how far gone Walt is now, how no one is sacred anymore. The people he originally did this for are now no more than petty disposable pawns. Without Skylar, Walt's complete transformation to Heisenberg wouldn't be complete.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why do they need Mike? Lydia was planning on having Mike killed anyway wasn't she?

Walt/Jesse needed methylamine, Mike gave it to them. Without that they can't make meth.

Lydia was going to have him killed because killing the list is easier and cheaper than paying them off.

Ironically Walt obviously feels the same way, which is why I think they'll see eye to eye on killing Mike and his goons.

Fred.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
If Walt told him to kick rocks Mike would've been dead/in jail because his boys would've snitched on him, and/or killed him. As far as we know none of them even know who Walt and Jesse is. By Lydia's own admission she "never met the chemists", and their names weren't on the list.

So :wtf: at people acting like they all don't currently need each other. Mike needs Walt and Jesse for their money, they need him for his connections. The difference is, they can get new connections a hell of a lot easier than he can get his legacy cost.

Fred.

lydia is only out of 9 other people. just cuz SHE doesn't know anything damning about walt and jesse doesn't mean that the others don't. and i never said they don't need each other. i just said he's needed to keep everything from goin to shyt. watch how fast it all falls down once he's outta the picture. :ufdup:

cook

Banned
Daps
yeah, that and AMC already has the rights to Scarface, so that shyt was free to throw up there :smugdraper:
* Speaking of "Scarface," I talked briefly to Gilligan at the TCA Awards last night, and he said they had to get permission from both the movie studio and Al Pacino himself to get the rights to show that clip, and while Pacino could have made some exorbitant demands, "He couldn't have been nicer about the whole thing."

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
You telling me the only reason they work with Mike is to get methylamine? Which is ammonia and methanol? Those Mexican chemist didn't even need that.

This is horrible writing if they keep Mike around when we know:
1)Walt can still make meth no matter what
2)Jesse has his own drug dealers to move product

Distribution.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Mexican chemists also had a complete lab comparable to the $8 mill one Gus built. Methylamine ain't some shyt you can just whip up.

You guys seem confused.

They asked Mike to work with them because "he knows the business", aka mules, distribution, etc. He said "no" they said "ok" and went their way, with no plan B.

Jesse mentioned that methylamine is currently impossible to get. So yeah, they wanted to start cooking, but had no means to actually do it.

Mike finds out the hazard pay is tied up, and Lydia tries to have him killed. He asks her "can you get methylamine?", which is again Step One in their plan to start cooking again.

So now Mike comes to the table with distribution, mules, and methylamine. Prior to that all Walt and Jesse had was "yeah, let's start cooking again!".

So :wtf: at people asking why they need Mike.

Fred.