Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I think people are really underestimating Mike. Yeah he is muscle but when I think of him I also see him as someone that's a consigliere. He is more than just hired muscle. Yea he is replaceable but it won't be easy to find someone that could be an adviser and muscle while be as trust worthy.

Exactly. They needed Mike more for his connects than for the muscle but it was like a package deal so Walt and Jesse kill two birds with one stone. He's more like a mentor to show them how top levels dudes get down. I'm sure once he imparts his wisdom to Walt he will be replaceable(and if he's smart he'll keep some shyt secret from Walt) but not right now. Right now he's more of the boss than any of them because of what he knows.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another thing, probably late, but did Skyler lose weight :leon:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The fukk is going on in this thread?

Jesse has no kinda connects or pull, at all, on any level. He has a couple of goof ball homeboys, that's it. That's why Mike hit them with the :rudy: when they asked Jesse if they could help out.

Fred.

Habit

Banned
Daps
I'm confused too, I thought all they needed was Lydia and Mike's distribution skills was replaceable. :laugh: @ you need a $8 million dollar to make methylamine. That is horrible writing.

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
Another thing about Jesse, people are giving him too much credit. Since late in season 4 he was really started to clean up his act and get on on the ball but people are getting too gassed up by it. He's not ready to run anything or be given any serious leadership roles. Just a few months ago he was still a stone cold junkie. I think by the end of the series if he isn't dead he'll be in that role and in a role to know the right people and connects to move the product but right now people are way too gassed up by his maturity.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm confused too, I thought all they needed was Lydia. :laugh: @ you need a $8 million dollar to make methylamine. That is horrible writing.

Currently he brings mules, distribution, and methylamine (via Lydia) to the operation.

I said if they had her (and her methylamine) that's one less reason they'd need Mike.

Since you're a chemist/professional writer tell us how much methylamine you'd need to make 50+ pounds of meth weekly, for the foreseeable future.

Oh wait....you can't. So what are you talking about?

Fred.

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I'm confused too, I thought all they needed was Lydia and Mike's distribution skills was replaceable. :laugh: @ you need a $8 million dollar to make methylamine. That is horrible writing.

Yeah because they can just go online and order a huge amount of that without drawing any attention to themselves. But dont listen to me..you're the expert on TV show writing.

Habit

Banned
Daps
Currently he brings mules, distribution, and methylamine (via Lydia) to the operation.

I said if they had her (and her methylamine) that's one less reason they'd need Mike.

Since you're a chemist/professional writer tell us how much methylamine you'd need to make 50+ pounds of meth. Oh wait....you can't. So what are you talking about?

Fred.

The yield is 42 - 62%, it takes about 80 - 120 lbs of methylamine. Don't believe me? Print this out and take it to any chemistry professor.

This is sloppy writing.

:laugh: at they need a $8 million lab or they need to produce $1.5 million worth of product each batch.

One cook a week and they get $6 million dollars profit each per year. Plus Hank is on their tale. Remind me again why they are keeping this large scale operation going?

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its comical if anyone says that about Mike.

Its crazy people are saying Mike is worrying about jail, when the Gus' laptop pretty much meant he was done. Mike can disappear anytime he wants.
You're forgetting that at that time he still had access to the 2 million in the offshore account for his granddaughter. That got frozen which is the reason he called and agreed to go in with walt and jessie.
Not to mention if any of his guys do snitch he's fukked. He can't just disappear from the DEA.
From what I remember he thought the laptop would be encrypted and he's safe as long as the guys are paid off so no one snitches.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
walt gettin greedy he dont wanna let nikkas eat that shyt gonna come out the bushes and bite him in the meth pipe if he dont curb that :birdman:

Walt's pride is ALWAYS his downfall....Notice how when Jesse said he'd pay the hush money the look Walt had on his face was the same one he had when Hank said he'd watch after his family, when his ex partner wanted to pay for his chemo, and when Walt Junior was begging for money on the internet.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Walt's pride is ALWAYS his downfall....Notice how when Jesse said he'd pay the hush money the look Walt had on his face was the same one he had when Hank said he'd watch after his family, when his ex partner wanted to pay for his chemo, and when Walt Junior was begging for money on the internet.

glad somebody else noticed it :myman:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats true it's Walts ego that drives him. The same way he reacts to Jesse messing up his formula.