Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Amazing episode. Maybe the best of the first three. The 'Scarface' scene was just haunting, almost surreal, considering that line that Gilligan has used, the contrast between the comfort of a family movie night, popcorn, kids, and the violence of 'Scarface' ending scenes. 'Everyone dies in this movie'. Skylars look of terror and dread.

Few things, Walt's little speech at the end was great, I believe it was at Mike, but the subtext is....don't get close to Mike, cuz he's done, whenever I feel like it.

And, yeah, Walt was totally manipulating Jesse in that scene, don't know who could see that as Walt being sincere, he's never sincere with kid, ever since he realized how weak he is. He just wanted Andrea/Brock gone, because of the link to him poisoning Brock, and he's a control freak, Walt want's Jesse's loyalties with him 100%.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Walt is a dikk head but Mike should've mentioned that hazard pay shyt from the jump, regardless of whether or not he's in the right. Nobody in their right mind would sit there like :manny: "eh, no big deal" when you're taking several hundred thousand dollars for some shyt you didn't previously mention.

Fred.

:deadhorse: this is a bigger issue for the coli than it was for walt. walt aint even complain about not bein told, his problem was all about greed and ego. he aint wanna give up money and he aint want mike gettin the idea that he actually run the business without ultimately answerin to him. they coulda talked about it before and it woulda STILL been the same argument. the only thing that would change is the fact that the money aint physically on the table.

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
iQRNYMPrHyPSP.gif

That Jesse James line was ether to the soul. :ohlawd:

Last edited by a moderator:

Habit

Banned
Daps
:deadhorse: this is a bigger issue for the coli than it was for walt. walt aint even complain about not bein told, his problem was all about greed and ego. he aint wanna give up money and he aint want mike gettin the idea that he actually run the business without ultimately answerin to him. they coulda talked about it before and it woulda STILL been the same argument. the only thing that would change is the fact that the money aint physically on the table.

That's what makes this a low stakes game at this point, because Mike is not forcing Walt to do anything. Everyone wants to believe the hazard pay dispute is gonna do Mike in, but Mike wasn't even pushing the issue when Walt objected. Mike would have just walked away.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Another thing was that 'Take it from my share' was classic Jesse, he wasn't doing it to play sides, or side with Mike, he's like a little kid whose parents are fighting, and thinks he can solve it. This is about friendship, connection, and 'family' for Jesse, fukk the money, as far as he's concerned, just enough to look out for his girl, and hang with his friends. Walt takes the money as being an affront to his ego, but none of those dudes, besides Mike, Gus, are about the money like that. I mean, Walt is, but it stopped being strictly about the money a long time ago.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
That's what makes this a low stakes game at this point, because Mike is not forcing Walt to do anything. Everyone wants to believe the hazard pay dispute is gonna do Mike in, but Mike wasn't even pushing the issue when Walt objected. Mike would have just walked away.

Mike is doing all this because he has no money and his guys are ready to kill him and or snitch. There ain't no walking away at this point

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
I agree Walt had every right to be upset he wasn't told upfront about the hazard pay, not so much because of whether he should or shouldn't pay it, but for the bigger reason that at that moment he wasn't in control. He wasn't the boss he is trying to be....another nikka lookin at you like, yea this piece of YOUR money is coming with me but you don't know anything about it beforehand so you start to feel like you might be getting played. That is a blow to his ego as he is starting to embrace playing the boss role.

I think eventually they gonna come to a blow-up. Right now to me they are playing cat and mouse shyt, Mike workin with the brawn and Walt workin with the brains. Walts either gonna set that nikka up(a show of his superior brainpower in a checkmate sorta way) or maybe just straight up merk him(a show of his willingness to go all the way and also beating Mike at his own game). I also think by the time that happens Mike will have gotten thru to Jesse on what a cancer Walt has been all along.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

The money physically being on the table is why Mike mentioned it in the first place. He timed it for that specific moment.

Mike didn't mention the shyt before because he ain't dumb, he set all this up for them, the trucks, mules, distribution, etc., the money is on the table, showing how useful he is, the he's like "oh yeah, legacy cost". That's why he said it at the very end, after everything else.

If he would've called up Walt last ep and said "yeah, I'm in, I can get you methylamine, but my help comes with a $351,000 legacy cost every batch" he would've told him to kick rocks.

Fred.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Word, at first I was like :huhldup: @ all the money being taken away, but then I realized dude is still making 100k+ in a one week. That is damn near half a millie in a month.

Sure it is nothing like how it was when he worked for Gus, but for him just starting out as his own boss it is still pretty good. I'd just take the money and KIM.
jesse said at the end they get a bigger cut now. they went from 200 lbs with gus to 50 lbs. with the take they got per week thats like 5-6 mil a year to gus' 3

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jesse said at the end they get a bigger cut now. they went from 200 lbs with gus to 50 lbs. with the take they got per week thats like 5-6 mil a year to gus' 3

But they taking all the risk so if anything happens they not paid . So what happens to the legacy Cost then ? Mike gonna pay it ? He should tell his partners the parameter of the deal . How do they know he's not trying to make himself whole too ??:wtb: its a power struggle mike was trying to put Walt in his place .

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Mike's Jesse James line is some of the best writing on television in the past decade

that said

That bytch dieing next week smoking one too much cigarette, if Gilligan makes her go full psycho this show is GOAT

Mike get's offed by half-season finale

Something will happen very soon to Jesse I'm sure will totally shake his relation with Walt