Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
-This season we've been getting to see what being Mike entails, Walt really is being ignorant of the bigger picture surrounding the current circumstances of their return to business

-"Walter" kinda showed up when he was talking about the machine in the factory, seemed normal for a sec

-The Vamonos Pest is off the wall thinking but it could work. It's only a bit riskier than using an old RV to cook and now that Mike is in Hank's sight.

-Cooking to jazz instead of electro-rock/latin? I could get behind this :leon: The cook scene also represents Walt and Jesse in their most natural element: cooking.

-Walt has gotten a lot better at lying/manipulation over the course of the show. Compare his lies in Seasons 1 & 2 w/ Skyler giving him the :stopitslime: compared to now.

-Walt was gauging Jesse's commitment to Andrea given his involvement in drugs. A really sad yet great scene because they're just chillin watching 3 Stooges after a successful cook yet there's such tension between them. I think Walt is somewhat aware of what he's done to Jesse and his own family but just represses those thoughts. "Secrets create barriers between people, Jesse....." this quote sums up Walt's relationship w/ everyone now.

-Another thing Walt has becoming good at is revealing certain truths but not the truth. Back in Season 2 when he had his fugue state he told the psychologist about his life and where he'd end up but not that he was a meth dealer. Walt does it again but this time w/ Marie, classic blame shifting and giving himself a victim complex.

-The Walt/Mike/Jesse dynamic resembles parents in constant conflict w/ each other and subtly manipulating the child into taking their side. Walt's threat is obviously pointed at Mike but it has some subtext that can apply to Jesse. Don't swag too hard, your throat'll get cut.

-One weakness that Walt DEFINITELY has is that he has a severe case of tunnel vision. Like in Season 4 when his goal was to kill Gus despite the fact Gus keeps himself surrounded w/ people because he knew Walt was planning something. Jesse even knew that it wasn't going to be easy getting an opportunity to get Gus w/ the ricin. Now he's getting salty that he's getting less money despite the fact he pretty much is his own boss. He doesn't like Mike getting the upper hand even though the "taxes" are necessary for the livelihood of the operation. Partners my ass Walt just wants to have the throne to himself.

-Jesse is really coming into his own and it's crazy to see how he's maturing alongside Walt's descent. Making good input about the pest control/meth lab and his competence is really great to see. :ufdup: when Jesse is the reasonable one and Walt is now the hothead. Parallels a scene in Season 3 when Jesse is complaining about how much Gus made compared to them and Walt gave him the :what: and said "You're now a millionaire and you're complaining? What world do you live in?". Great episode, best of the season.

ofkVk.gif
:clap:

+Rep

Show is awesome, and I swear when Jesse and Mike were talking about Andrea and his future with her, it was like they have completely shifted perspectives.

It's like Walt is the knucklehead and Jesse is the one with reason.

Walt has ALWAYS not thought about the consequences of his actions though. I think every season he's done something sporadically and came back after it's done on some, "Oh shyt, now what" or "I didn't think of that" type shyt. Having Jesse off Gale was vintage Walt but a lot of other things he's done?... no so much.

But since Season 1 he's always had that tunnel vision when he wants something, and he's done a lot of hurt in the process.

This season is going to be nuts once Hank gets on them, it's only a matter of time.

:popcorn:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
yeah, that and AMC already has the rights to Scarface, so that shyt was free to throw up there :smugdraper:

all I know is that the series finale better have some epic John Woo style shootouts and mad bodies dropping in this bytch

preferably Skyler

:stopitslime:

the closest we came to epic gunplay in this series was when the twins came to merk Hank

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I could definitely see Walter Jr. gettin into some shyt. He's still got that "I want to be a regular kid" thing going on. He seems easily manipulative. Remember the scene with him and the other kids at the liquor store?

I could see Junior thinking the ricin is Walt's weed stashed away.

:russ:

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps

Vince gilligan basically shut down the whole walt was giving jesse fatherly advice angle. He said walt was manupulatin jesse in that scene

Last edited by a moderator:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aight, so after watchin this episode a second time around i just wanna restate that DESPITE what alotta yall are thinkin it was JESSE that walt was talkin about at the end, not mike. and i'll tell you why:

backtrack to earlier in the episode when they all met at saul's office and mike was layin down the hammer about how its his job to handle the business and its walt's job to cook. how did that meetin end? with walt tellin saul "he handles the business and i handle him"

now fastforward back to the endin. mike is handlin the business, just as he said he's supposed to but walt doesn't like how its bein done. it was more than just an argument, it was a power struggle. this was walt's chance to prove that HE handles mike and not the other way around. but JESSE jumps in and completely ruins it for him. offerin his money not only cut walt's feet from under him ( "taking liberties that weren't his own"), it proved that mike is in control of jesse. NOT walt. you see that durin the episode as well, jesse and walt had evenhanded discussions the entire episode. he sees walt as an equal. but when skinny pete and badger asked jesse to put em on, he only got to think about it for a second before mike stepped in the room and IMPLIED a "no" without even sayin anything. the moment he did jesse nipped that shyt in the bud. mike KNOWS he's in control of jesse too cuz he hit walt with the :jawalrus: after jesse stepped in. walt was just like ":aicmon: the fukk are you doin"

so in the final scene, walt asks jesse what he thought about the money situation to see for sure who's side he's on. did he offer his money because he's sidin with mike? or was it just to kill what he thought was a stupid argument. jesse confirmed he's with mike. that was the wrong move, walt NEEDS mike right now for the methylmene but he doesn't need jesse. especially if he's gonna help mike by makin the operation 2 against 1. and there you have it... don't fly to close to the sun :mjpls:
No it was definitely for mike maybe a settle jab to Jesse to but it's about mike. Jesse just dumped his gf Just off the strength of Walt sorta kinda suggesting it . Jesse just likes having father figures and Walt knows how to manipulate Jesse . Walts ego is thru the roof right now see his answers like why? Or when he said cause I said it will . He doesn't like mike trying to son him And overstepping his place .

Habit

Banned
Daps
No it was definitely for mike maybe a settle jab to Jesse to but it's about mike. Jesse just dumped his gf Just off the strength of Walt sorta kinda suggesting it . Jesse just likes having father figures and Walt knows how to manipulate Jesse . Walts ego is thru the roof right now see his answers like why? Or when he said cause I said it will . He doesn't like mike trying to son him And overstepping his place .

That's not what ciroq is saying. ciroq is saying that Walt feels its only his job to settle any disagreements between him and Mike. He doesn't want Jesse's input. Walt is a bully, but he knows when to humble down. Mike didn't strong arm the money from them, that's why the sonning is a mute point because Walt chose to continue working with Mike. The tension between Mike and Walt should make for good tv, but I would be disappointed if that's where all the action is...also this is not that type of show.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

yea but if it was about mike why would he encode it talking to jesse? he had no problem telling goodman outright his plan for mike. nah, that was for jesse. he said victor "cooking on his own" was "taking liberties" and "flying too close to the sun". cooking has nothing to do with mike

planting that seed in jesse's head is consistent with him manipulating jesse the last 2 eps. that whole scene where mike is splitting the money, walt clearly thinks jesse is on his side...looking at him and trying to get an amen from him...and jesse deflated his ass. basically sided with mike

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Man...you can already tell this is a SLOW build...

Hank is closing in on them

Skylar is about to snitch any second (and I will NOT be mad if Walt throws her in the bushes :birdman:..)

Jesse sooner or later will find out that Walt's been fukking with him...

Walt and Mike are gonna end up sick of each other and then they gonna wanna throw each other in the bushes :birdman:

and i STILL feel that Walt is about to have Tony Montona's fate...

just a matter of time before shyt hits the fan..

but man..when this show is done, this WILL go down as one of the greatest television shows of all time :win:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think 23statcity is the only one who thinks otherwise.

I never said Walt doesn't manipulate people I've said that many times but I think Walt cares about Jesse he's just doing all this to manipulate Jesse . Hell the advice he gives is correct and aaron Paul seems to agree too at some point brock is going to know what's going . I mean Walt gave the nicca good advice .
But having said that I think jesses going to die due to walt every one of these behind the scenes It seems like Vince is pumping up how bad Walt is and now trying make Nike seem noble . Walts killed like 4 people mike been a enforcer for 20 years .:wtf:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)

:snoop: nah breh you missin it. Mike never overstepped Walt, Walt was just mad cuz mike is doin what Walt CAME to him for-- the business. shyt was all gravy for Walt when he was just an employee gettin a check, cuz he had NO CLUE the kinda shyt Gus was payin off but now that he's in the boss position he don't like what he see, what comes with the territory. But not likin/understandin it ain't the same as bein overstepped. he just wants everything both ways... To be "partners", but really control everything. That's why he got into the power struggle with mike, but Jesse trumped his stance by actually actin as partner and sidin with mike rather than bein walt's little pawn to control as he pleases.Walt was basically sayin "you're MINE, don't cross me"

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not what ciroq is saying. ciroq is saying that Walt feels its only his job to settle any disagreements between him and Mike. He doesn't want Jesse's input. Walt is a bully, but he knows when to humble down. Mike didn't strong arm the money from them, that's why the sonning is a mute point because Walt chose to continue working with Mike. The tension between Mike and Walt should make for good tv, but I would be disappointed if that's where all the action is...also this is not that type of show.
Ah ok . Im hoping that he doesn't go the Walt killing mike or Jesse angle to try and complete his evil turn . Someone innocent is needed Sepinwall at hitfix said he was manipulating Jesse and he talks to Gilligan . :yeshrug:
So I'll take the l on that I just mean how Is telling Someone the correct advice something bad