Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
My prediction, Walt decides to poison Skylar but she offs herself before she smokes that cig. Some how someone unintended (possibly Walt Jr) smokes the ricin filled cigarette.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
My prediction, Walt decides to poison Skylar but she offs herself before she smokes that cig. Some how someone unintended (possibly Walt Jr) smokes the ricin filled cigarette.

WeeBey.gif

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
only way they could get to mike would be through his grand daughter imo thats been the only time he has seemed to let his guard down

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
only way they could get to mike would be through his grand daughter imo thats been the only time he has seemed to let his guard down

Could be what turns Jesse against Walt. Jesse was outraged by Gus killing Andrea's brother and agreed to kill Gus after he thought Gus poisoned Brock. If Jesse sees Walt use Mikes grand daughter to get to Mike, Jesse might piece things together and see Walt has no problem using and putting children in danger to get what he wants.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What connects? Walt is the connect.

Oh...you mean a couple of mules and drug dealers. That's all street level stuff, Walt chose Mike to handle that side of things. They can split ways anytime. Mike is around if his conditions are met, if not, Mike will follow his original plan and leave. The power struggle is interesting...but instead of the convoluted plot, we know it won't take much for Mike to leave with no strings attached.

You're right, I hope Mike dies, he is a very bad person.
lol on the mike part are you serious ? I think so too but can't tell If your being sarcastic

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
aight, so after watchin this episode a second time around i just wanna restate that DESPITE what alotta yall are thinkin it was JESSE that walt was talkin about at the end, not mike. and i'll tell you why:

backtrack to earlier in the episode when they all met at saul's office and mike was layin down the hammer about how its his job to handle the business and its walt's job to cook. how did that meetin end? with walt tellin saul "he handles the business and i handle him"

now fastforward back to the endin. mike is handlin the business, just as he said he's supposed to but walt doesn't like how its bein done. it was more than just an argument, it was a power struggle. this was walt's chance to prove that HE handles mike and not the other way around. but JESSE jumps in and completely ruins it for him. offerin his money not only cut walt's feet from under him ( "taking liberties that weren't his own"), it proved that mike is in control of jesse. NOT walt. you see that durin the episode as well, jesse and walt had evenhanded discussions the entire episode. he sees walt as an equal. but when skinny pete and badger asked jesse to put em on, he only got to think about it for a second before mike stepped in the room and IMPLIED a "no" without even sayin anything. the moment he did jesse nipped that shyt in the bud. mike KNOWS he's in control of jesse too cuz he hit walt with the :jawalrus: after jesse stepped in. walt was just like ":aicmon: the fukk are you doin"

so in the final scene, walt asks jesse what he thought about the money situation to see for sure who's side he's on. did he offer his money because he's sidin with mike? or was it just to kill what he thought was a stupid argument. jesse confirmed he's with mike. that was the wrong move, walt NEEDS mike right now for the methylmene but he doesn't need jesse. especially if he's gonna help mike by makin the operation 2 against 1. and there you have it... don't fly to close to the sun :mjpls:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

sometimes i dont even think walt is gonna die. i can feel a funny style ass ending coming on. i mean whats a classic show without a dumb ass ending we can bytch about for years. its an art

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
aight, so after watchin this episode a second time around i just wanna restate that DESPITE what alotta yall are thinkin it was JESSE that walt was talkin about at the end, not mike. and i'll tell you why:

backtrack to earlier in the episode when they all met at saul's office and mike was layin down the hammer about how its his job to handle the business and its walt's job to cook. how did that meetin end? with walt tellin saul "he handles the business and i handle him"

now fastforward back to the endin. mike is handlin the business, just as he said he's supposed to but walt doesn't like how its bein done. it was more than just an argument, it was a power struggle. this was walt's chance to prove that HE handles mike and not the other way around. but JESSE jumps in and completely ruins it for him. offerin his money not only cut walt's feet from under him ( "taking liberties that weren't his own"), it proved that mike is in control of jesse. NOT walt. you see that durin the episode as well, jesse and walt had evenhanded discussions the entire episode. he sees walt as an equal. but when skinny pete and badger asked jesse to put em on, he only got to think about it for a second before mike stepped in the room and IMPLIED a "no" without even sayin anything. the moment he did jesse nipped that shyt in the bud. mike KNOWS he's in control of jesse too cuz he hit walt with the :jawalrus: after jesse stepped in. walt was just like ":aicmon: the fukk are you doin"

so in the final scene, walt asks jesse what he thought about the money situation to see for sure who's side he's on. did he offer his money because he's sidin with mike? or was it just to kill what he thought was a stupid argument. jesse confirmed he's with mike. that was the wrong move, walt NEEDS mike right now for the methylmene but he doesn't need jesse. especially if he's gonna help mike by makin the operation 2 against 1. and there you have it... don't fly to close to the sun :mjpls:

:noah::noah::noah::noah:

Yeah, this makes sense. Walt knows he needs Mike. After thinking about how he's going to get at Mike, none of what I came up with made any sense to how the show would progress.

If he takes out Mike then he's really back at square one without a suitable replacement for him... and honestly who can replace Mike at this point?

Habit

Banned
Daps
lol on the mike part are you serious ? I think so too but can't tell If your being sarcastic

I see your point. Mike doesn't like Walt, he told Jesse that Walt would get Jesse killed. Walt doesn't care if there is love lost between them. So, they can paint Mike as this horrible person that needs to die. But that would be very convoluted, because Mike is ready to leave any minute with no strings attached.

All they have to do is decide not to pay that tribute, and Mike leaves because if he stays around he will get arrested. Now if they go in the direction Mike needs the money because his grand daughter needs a new heart or some other nonsense, then I might as well be watching Family Matters or Diff'rent Strokes. Because that would be Network tv level of writing.

Mike is a plain spoken person and very direct, so I can understanding creating that dynamic between Walt and Mike. But a showdown would be a stretch.

Daps
-This season we've been getting to see what being Mike entails, Walt really is being ignorant of the bigger picture surrounding the current circumstances of their return to business

-"Walter" kinda showed up when he was talking about the machine in the factory, seemed normal for a sec

-The Vamonos Pest is off the wall thinking but it could work. It's only a bit riskier than using an old RV to cook and now that Mike is in Hank's sight.

-Cooking to jazz instead of electro-rock/latin? I could get behind this :leon: The cook scene also represents Walt and Jesse in their most natural element: cooking.

-Walt has gotten a lot better at lying/manipulation over the course of the show. Compare his lies in Seasons 1 & 2 w/ Skyler giving him the :stopitslime: compared to now.

-Walt was gauging Jesse's commitment to Andrea given his involvement in drugs. A really sad yet great scene because they're just chillin watching 3 Stooges after a successful cook yet there's such tension between them. I think Walt is somewhat aware of what he's done to Jesse and his own family but just represses those thoughts. "Secrets create barriers between people, Jesse....." this quote sums up Walt's relationship w/ everyone now.

-Another thing Walt has becoming good at is revealing certain truths but not the truth. Back in Season 2 when he had his fugue state he told the psychologist about his life and where he'd end up but not that he was a meth dealer. Walt does it again but this time w/ Marie, classic blame shifting and giving himself a victim complex.

-The Walt/Mike/Jesse dynamic resembles parents in constant conflict w/ each other and subtly manipulating the child into taking their side. Walt's threat is obviously pointed at Mike but it has some subtext that can apply to Jesse. Don't swag too hard, your throat'll get cut.

-One weakness that Walt DEFINITELY has is that he has a severe case of tunnel vision. Like in Season 4 when his goal was to kill Gus despite the fact Gus keeps himself surrounded w/ people because he knew Walt was planning something. Jesse even knew that it wasn't going to be easy getting an opportunity to get Gus w/ the ricin. Now he's getting salty that he's getting less money despite the fact he pretty much is his own boss. He doesn't like Mike getting the upper hand even though the "taxes" are necessary for the livelihood of the operation. Partners my ass Walt just wants to have the throne to himself.

-Jesse is really coming into his own and it's crazy to see how he's maturing alongside Walt's descent. Making good input about the pest control/meth lab and his competence is really great to see. :ufdup: when Jesse is the reasonable one and Walt is now the hothead. Parallels a scene in Season 3 when Jesse is complaining about how much Gus made compared to them and Walt gave him the :what: and said "You're now a millionaire and you're complaining? What world do you live in?". Great episode, best of the season.

ofkVk.gif

Habit

Banned
Daps
i thought the same shyt. jesse didnt back him up. plus when he said this, its a reference to icarus - whose father was a master craftsman that made his son wings and told him that. that relationship is a lot closer to walt/jesse than it is to walt/mike

Basically.

Walt knows Jesse is weak and wants Jesse to know his place. Walt could have easily had that chump paying his share of the hazard pay every pay out.

But thats not the real issue
-Walt is concerned about things getting out of control.
-Walt is concerned about the social order involved in the drug game and most importantly, between men. He sees Jesse as a kid.
-Its all business between Mike, Walt, and Saul. With Jesse it is a lot more personal. Jesse saved Walt's life. So, Walt owes him.