Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

Texas2step

H-Town it's NOT our year
Daps
Can somebody send me a link to the 2nd ep to my pm.

Im sure there is one in the thread but afraid of the spoilers

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think people are confusing two topics here....yes Walt is an evil, heartless, cold-blooded sociopathic b*stard. It still doesn't change the fact that some of you are cheerleading for Jesse because of that, and not because Jesse is actually capable of success without Walt.

For example, :wtf: to the people saying "the only reason Walt is alive is because Jesse wouldn't let Gus kill him in season 4", when the only reason Jesse is alive is because Walt wouldn't let Gus kill him in season 3.

On top of that, the only reason they were beefing with Gus in the first place was because of Jesse.

And another :wtf: at people saying "Jesse can cook 96% pure!"....no he cannot. Before you say "but Fred, he did in that one ep!", I need to point out two things....

1. It was a lab specially built for meth cooking.

2. He had all the chemicals right in front of him.

He currently has neither of those things. He didn't even know how to mix the basic chemicals to start the process....what did he tell Gus? "I just grab the barrel with the bee on it".

There ain't no more barrels with bees on them. Best case scenario Jesse would go back to cooking bullshyt product out of an RV.

The same reasons you hate Walt, is why he's on top right now. Jesse is easily manipulated, impulsive, and irrational.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Jane manipulated Jesse into extorting Walt because of their drug habit. Walt saw an opportunity to get rid of Jane without having to lay a finger on her and bring Jesse back. You act like he shoved that needle on her arm. Jesse is more responsible for Jane's death than Walt. Jesse the junkie made someone with a terrible heroin addiction get back on the needle after how long she's been clean? Walt has to be cold, shrewd and manipulative. The underworld isn't for the faint of heart. Gail was a casualty of war; there was no way around it. Dude made a tons of money cooking meth to be distributed for illicit purposes. Just because he rationalizes cooking meth in a safe and organized way doesn't justify him getting thousands of people hooked off of his product. No one is good per say in Breaking Bad.

Except I'm not even talking good guy/bad guy. And what do you mean there was no way out of killing Gail? There was a way around it and that was when Jesse begged and told him he could go clean to the DEA when they find out that Gus was planning to take Walt out of the picture. It's clear that Walt is teetering into being a villainous character while Jesse has pretty much stayed an Anti-hero throughout the entire duration of the show.

All you've said just proves Jesse has a greater moral compass than Walt. Walt is willing to stay in the underworld going as far as to murder when Jesse proposed the idea of telling him that they should take the chance to get out.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Walt saved Jesse a lot more than Jesse did for him. Until recently Walt was right in saying HE cut Jesse in. His formula, and most of the time his plans, got them where they are.

And those that say Jesse wouldn't have gotten caught up and risked his life in the first place if it wasn't for Walt, y'all don't remember dude was close to being busted from the first episode? Dude was gonna go down with crazy8's cousin. How long do you think his dumb ass was gonna survive being an amateur street level hustler? He was dealing with crazy8 at the time and even he didn't take him seriously. His parents would have told him to fukk off just like the way it went down, he'd have gotten into drugs just like the way he did, and end up OD or killed by another junkie or street level dealer.

For better or worse, Jesse needed/needs Walt. If it wasn't for Walt's manipulation and initial scolding this would damn near have been a free ride for Jesse. He earned more money than he ever imagined, and learned the formula to the best product in the market. As well as technical business and chemistry skills. C'mon b, I like Jesse but Walt White is the boss for a reason.

I agree with all of this. Walt is definitely the most important of the two. But you know Walt's ego & greed will probably be the demise of both of them.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Except I'm not even talking good guy/bad guy. And what do you mean there was no way out of killing Gail? There was a way around it and that was when Jesse begged and told him he could go clean to the DEA when they find out that Gus was planning to take Walt out of the picture. It's clear that Walt is teetering into being a villainous character while Jesse has pretty much stayed an Anti-hero throughout the entire duration of the show.

All you've said just proves Jesse has a greater moral compass than Walt. Walt is willing to stay in the underworld going as far as to murder when Jesse proposed the idea of telling him that they should take the chance to get out.

You'd be right if the show was about who has the best moral compass. It's not, it's about the dope game, and what it takes to succeed. Folding and running to the DEA is not an option.

Mike was gonna kill a mother in front of her kid, and I don't see anybody talking about "he's a villain!" or "he should've talked to Hank and Gomez!". Matter of fact, people applauded Mike for "sticking to the G-code".

The sole reason people hate Walt is because he's not as charismatic as Gus or Mike. They're all equally evil.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
You'd be right if the show was about who has the best moral compass. It's not, it's about the dope game, and what it takes to succeed. Folding and running to the DEA is not an option.

Mike was gonna kill a mother in front of her kid, and I don't see anybody talking about "he's a villain!" or "he should've talked to Hank and Gomez!". Matter of fact, people applauded Mike for "sticking to the G-code".

The sole reason people hate Walt is because he's not as charismatic as Gus or Mike. They're all equally evil.

Fred.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching these evil dudes on the screen but I know what they are. The only people that gets real sympathy from me is Jesse and Hank, I'd just like to see them prevail and I'd be all :to: if Walt's business destroys them all.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Walt saved Jesse a lot more than Jesse did for him. Until recently Walt was right in saying HE cut Jesse in. His formula, and most of the time his plans, got them where they are.

And those that say Jesse wouldn't have gotten caught up and risked his life in the first place if it wasn't for Walt, y'all don't remember dude was close to being busted from the first episode? Dude was gonna go down with crazy8's cousin. How long do you think his dumb ass was gonna survive being an amateur street level hustler? He was dealing with crazy8 at the time and even he didn't take him seriously. His parents would have told him to fukk off just like the way it went down, he'd have gotten into drugs just like the way he did, and end up OD or killed by another junkie or street level dealer.

For better or worse, Jesse needed/needs Walt. If it wasn't for Walt's manipulation and initial scolding this would damn near have been a free ride for Jesse. He earned more money than he ever imagined, and learned the formula to the best product in the market. As well as technical business and chemistry skills. C'mon b, I like Jesse but Walt White is the boss for a reason.

:clap:

This post should end the 'we ridin with Jesse' foolishness. If it wasn't for Walt, Jesse would've been either a pathetic 2nd childhood loser or end up in a ditch somewhere....or both.

Rodgers

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jesee will do what Christopha/Shane/Jimmy Darmondy couldnt and survive

hopefully jesse kills walt, if jesse does die hopefully he kills walt jr/holly

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
good points all around no doubt. thats the beauty of this show though...we could go back and forth about this shyt all day

Daps
That point about Jesse being the reason for Walts evil is a solid one. Very good motifs in this show. I kind of feel like Walt is inadvertently55 got revenge on Jesse for all the bullshyt he put Walt through.

Billy Preston

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I doubt walt even knows about gomez and vice versa.
BTW how do we actually know gomez is dirty and is giving info to saul like someone said earlier?
I don't think there has been any suggestion of that

Can someone please expand on this? This is news to me if accurate :leon:

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
9qSei.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Hmmm....listening to the podcast and one of the restaurants they show at the beginning of the ep, next to Los Pollos Hermanos is Burger-Matic. That's the same restaurant in the Drew Barrymore movie "Home Fries" that Vince Gilligan wrote. Nice little easter egg.

Fred.