Breaking Bad Season 5 Official Thread

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
yo i signed off last night and this thread was at page 56 now its 106 :wtf:
wtf are yall talking about lol?

but after last night heizenberg kinda remind me of that main dude from the shield. they both started out with good intentions but that greed and power changed them to full villains

its crazy how in the beginning of the series i thought jessie was the fukk up and was hoping he'd get pop; now i'm rooting for him to come out at the end

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
will Walt Jr. get to bust his gun before the finale?

tumblr_m58hnzirM51rpqov4o1_500.png

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I haven't read the whole thread yet or watched the second ep this season so I don't know if this was covered but...

Will they ever deeply explain how Walt went from a brilliant chemist/scientist to a lowly school teacher? I remember there was the ep where he was barking on ol' girl for screwing him over and stealing his shyt but still...surely he could've taken his talents elsewhere u would think? Was he blackballed or something?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I haven't read the whole thread yet or watched the second ep this season so I don't know if this was covered but...

Will they ever deeply explain how Walt went from a brilliant chemist/scientist to a lowly school teacher? I remember there was the ep where he was barking on ol' girl for screwing him over and stealing his shyt but still...surely he could've taken his talents elsewhere u would think? Was he blackballed or something?

It wasn't really explained but I doubt it was anything worth explaining. Most likely he left Gretchen for Skyler, got her pregnant, probably thought "eh, I need money fast, I'll take this teaching job for now", his son was born with cerebral palsy, medical bills piled up, and he just kinda fell into a rut in his life.

Meanwhile the company he helped co-found blew up and became millionaires. After a while he probably felt defeated and just gave up on life.

Fred.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I forgot to watch it last night. I'm just not used to being caught up and watching it on sundays. I just totally forget.

anyways, I just saw last night's ep, and it was so piff. I love the backstory on mike. that was dope. and he was mad gully. dude was cool as hell when being questioned by the DEA. u knew he was gonna have to go back in business with walt and jesse once the DEA started freezing bank accounts.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
It wasn't really explained but I doubt it was anything worth explaining. Most likely he left Gretchen for Skyler, got her pregnant, probably thought "eh, I need money fast, I'll take this teaching job for now", his son was born with cerebral palsy, medical bills piled up, and he just kinda fell into a rut in his life.

Meanwhile the company he helped co-found blew up and became millionaires. After a while he probably felt defeated and just gave up on life.

Fred.

I understand the falling into depression thing and i'm thinking its the classic "Walt pride" thats the reason...but the bills part makes no sense. With his level of genius, surely he could've been a college professor or something where he would earn more. And Skyler's pushy ass would've forced him to look at those options. Its not like he loved that high school job and was content with life.

The more I think about this the more I feel this should get thrown in the "ruin with logic thread" bushes. :birdman:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
so many unanswered questions in this episode... gus clearly got his calculated demeanor from that madrigal ceo. and walt has CLEARLY started a forest fire :damn: @ all these bodies droppin :gladbron: at hank finally realizin. i thought mike was really bout to die for a minute there :wow: i'm hopin he actually plannin to somehow take walt down/turn him in. he's really the only hope for everything not goin to shyt. walt's lost his fukkin mind, jesse needs to borrow walt jr's crutches, and at this point skyler honestly has every right to be horrified... i wonder what hank's next move is though now that he knows... or better yet... what WALT plans to do when he finds out :krs: