Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
CSwX5.jpg

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
Son u desperately want him to go gay so much that you ignored the reason why dude got shot up, talkin bout "oh they like it" Nah "YOU like it! :wrist:
:ufdup:
Shot up!? what are you talkin bout. I said the flashback scene where the cartel moked out Gus latin lover (sliced his throat). I personally could care less if he's gay or not. Doesnt really effect the story line one bit. I can see its got you real riled up. Sorry I struck a nerve. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer for all you sensitive fukks...

All of this is hearsay until the writers confirm it.
I'm far from being the only one who thinks this...I got this from one site

I contacted AMC to see if I could chat with Gilligan about whether or not this scene was meant to reveal whether or not Gus is gay. Unfortunately, I didn't get a response.
However, this week's Breaking Bad podcast did address the subject. The question of whether Gus and Max are lovers comes up starting at about the 40:30 mark. When asked about it being "alluded" to, Gilligan says "It's open to interpretation. It's whatever the audience wants it to be." Both Steven Bauer, the actor who plays Don Eladio, and the episode's editor, Kelly Dixon, saw Gus as gay, to which Gilligan says "It's okay to infer that."

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Shot up!? what are you talkin bout. I said the flashback scene where the cartel moked out Gus latin lover (sliced his throat). I personally could care less if he's gay or not. Doesnt really effect the story line one bit. I can see its got you real riled up. Sorry I struck a nerve. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer for all you sensitive fukks...

He never even slit his throat Wtf u talking about, Hector popped a bullet in his head watch the scene again before u make false accusations

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Shot up!? what are you talkin bout. I said the flashback scene where the cartel moked out Gus latin lover (sliced his throat). I personally could care less if he's gay or not. Doesnt really effect the story line one bit. I can see its got you real riled up. Sorry I struck a nerve. Maybe I should have put a disclaimer for all you sensitive fukks

:what::snoop: are we watching the same show breh?

36 Chambers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gus couldn't have killed all of Don Eladios allies. Even then I'm sure a new Cartel will want to move in on Gus old territory or try to get Walt to make them the blue meth.

I think you can bet on the Mexicans making some noise as the season progresses

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I see many people mentioning the Cartel coming back, but what about some Germans who were involved? Gus obviously was close to buddy who committed that. There has to be some dudes connected some way from there...

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

For the last time....seriously....

The "Gus is gay" shyt came from a podcast where the editor of the show said she thought Gus was gay. Not a writer, not the creator of the show, an editor who had zero input (aside from editing) on the character or the ep in question.

Vince Gilligan, the creator of the show, said "nah, that's his brother, his hermano" directly after she said that.

Of course people latched onto "Gus is gay", not what the actual creator said, so now when asked he says it's "open to interpretation".

And again, for the last time, Giancarlo Esposito, who plays Gus, said there was no mention of Gus being gay, or Max being his lover, or them being anything other than close friends, in the script, episode outline, or scene direction. He said he didn't even know people thought that until he read opinions online.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't lie I don't see how they are going to stretch this out 14 more shows.

Dea basically solved the case and knows everything but who Walt and Jesse are.
If that one Hit man was ready to kill for 10 k a head one of them dudes would definitely snitch with that deal Hank was offering Mike assuming they all had a nice amount in their accounts.

As soon as that blue meth pops back up dea would be MORE on Mike's ass then they already are.

And I ain't feeling how they are making Gus look sloppy as hell. You in a cash trade, paying Walt and Jesse in cash but everybody else is a fake employee getting paid with bank deposits? and on top of that you keep all this incriminating evidence written down behind a picture wtf like Damn even they were employees pay them regular salaries and that goon money in cash.

Huh? There is 14 eps left in the series, and we know that a year from now (in the show's timeline) Walt is on the run with a fake ID and an assault rifle in the trunk. I expect things to go bad fast.

And the money in that account was for if anything went wrong, it wasn't his "goon payroll". He did pay those "employees" off the books for the drug trade, they just had legit positions in the company for appearances. Like Mike.

I agree he should've kept that info somewhere else but it's kinda pointless because the DEA would've found that shyt anywhere, anyway.

Fred.

HollywoodP

Daps
Reppin
He never even slit his throat Wtf u talking about, Hector popped a bullet in his head watch the scene again before u make false accusations
Oh Yeah...now that I think about it...you right.
:manny:

I still think Gus was Gay tho...until proven otherwise.
Several of the people involved in the episode said that they thought of him as being in a romantic relationship with Max and Gilligan said "It's okay to infer that."
The drug lord's body guards (pee's) in the swimming pool and remarks that Gus and Max must like what they see. Again, ambiguous. After all, questioning another man's masculinity is pretty much standard operating procedure in some circles.
AVC: What is the nature of Gus’ relationship to his old partner? There was a lot of speculation that perhaps there was a romantic connection in their past.
Giancarlo Esposito: It certainly crossed my mind, but being European and raised in Europe, I always kiss my father on the lips, men hug and kiss in Europe. You don’t have to be gay to hold a man’s hand walking down the street. How odd would that be here? How acceptable would that be here in America? And how quickly would you go, if I was walking with a buddy of mine holding his hand, would it be in the tabloids, “Giancarlo Esposito is gay?” In a heartbeat. So I loved the fact that that came up so strongly, because there was genuine love there between Max Arciniega and Gustavo Fring, and I just adored James Martinez, the actor who played that with such grace and aplomb. It certainly came to my mind, because in my early hopes for Gus, we were at his home… I really get the idea that Gus is married to his work. Again, my theory is that nothing’s black and white, and the love he shows for nurturing another human being could very well be misconstrued as a love affair, and it’s not written so it could be a love affair. My job as an actor is to give you all the possibilities and let you figure it out.
He pretty much said Gus had some homo tendencies in ep408
"There was never any indication at all that Gus had any homosexual tendencies, other than episode 408. And I personally believe that nothing is ever black and white and I believe Gus had a way of cultivating people, whether chemists, school teachers, or as businessmen. I had long discussions with Vince Gilligan that it shouldn't be pointed up either way (and he agreed). And the audience should have to decide."

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh Yeah...now that I think about it...you right.
:manny:

I still think Gus was Gay tho...until proven otherwise.

He pretty much said Gus had some homo tendencies in ep408

:wtf:

He said:

The love he shows for nurturing another human being could very well be misconstrued as a love affair, and it’s not written so it could be a love affair.

That right there tells you it was never intended, like I said. He's flat out telling you people misunderstood the scene. And the other shyt you quoted you obviously misunderstood....he's saying if you look at the character, and wonder "is he gay?" there is only that one scene making some people say "yes"....and that's the scene he just said people misconstrued.

Fred.

HollywoodP

Daps
Reppin
:wtf:

He said:

That right there tells you it was never intended, like I said. He's flat out telling you people misunderstood the scene. And the other shyt you quoted you obviously misunderstood....he's saying if you look at the character, and wonder "is he gay?" there is only that one scene making some people say "yes"....and that's the scene he just said people misconstrued.

Fred.

Fred: "For the last time...seriously..."

*shortly thereafter*

Fred: :troll:

Cut it out.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Huh? There is 14 eps left in the series, and we know that a year from now (in the show's timeline) Walt is on the run with a fake ID and an assault rifle in the trunk. I expect things to go bad fast.

And the money in that account was for if anything went wrong, it wasn't his "goon payroll". He did pay those "employees" off the books for the drug trade, they just had legit positions in the company for appearances. Like Mike.

I agree he should've kept that info somewhere else but it's kinda pointless because the DEA would've found that shyt anywhere, anyway.

Fred.
Well if it all goes bad then I would think that would be the more natural route and would make sense that preview with the lab threw me off maybe I'm trying to much into it being successful . But I still just don't feel him paying all them people with accounts regardless . The dead Chinese guy, Mike and the guy Mike shot all had their funds froze. I would even go as far to say the guy who offed himself was involved with a over seas account aswell just comes off like something Gus wouldn't have done, Mike had 2 mill in his grand daughters name it's literally no way he can explain it through employment . Whether or not it was a rainy day fund is irrelevant when basically it shows you were way more than a employee, just seems like there is no out for anybody besides Walt and Jesse. When Hank finds them dead bodies and that blue Meth back on the streets he will be on everybody on that list of accounts ass like was on Gus. If goes down hill I'm cool with that I just don't want to the writers to down play the amount of info the dea has on the operation and people involved . Mike was ready to skip town and Lydia chick was ready to clear house on everybody out of fear I just don't see how the can escape hanks intuition for much longer, he has never lost.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
i spent about 3 weeks catchin up with this show from season 1 to season 5...i just watched ep two of season 5 and all i want to know is if walt could get any worse...i mean he has to be the scariest dude out of all the characters...the quietest and kindest dude was gus and now walt is like him accept he knows the chemistry...i honestly don't even think he'll need mike after a while...show is intense...

**late post**

good God at how Gus died in season 4....:ohlawd:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well if it all goes bad then I would think that would be the more natural route and would make sense that preview with the lab threw me off maybe I'm trying to much into it being successful . But I still just don't feel him paying all them people with accounts regardless . The dead Chinese guy, Mike and the guy Mike shot all had their funds froze. I would even go as far to say the guy who offed himself was involved with a over seas account aswell just comes off like something Gus wouldn't have done, Mike had 2 mill in his grand daughters name it's literally no way he can explain it through employment . Whether or not it was a rainy day fund is irrelevant when basically it shows you were way more than a employee, just seems like there is no out for anybody besides Walt and Jesse. When Hank finds them dead bodies and that blue Meth back on the streets he will be on everybody on that list of accounts ass like was on Gus. If goes down hill I'm cool with that I just don't want to the writers to down play the amount of info the dea has on the operation and people involved . Mike was ready to skip town and Lydia chick was ready to clear house on everybody out of fear I just don't see how the can escape hanks intuition for much longer, he has never lost.

I don't foresee things going good for very long, so I'm not really worried about Mike, Walt, Jesse, etc. "winning" for mad eps to the point where it gets :beli::comeon: because the DEA or cartel or whoever should've popped up and stopped them. Obviously things fall apart kinda quick if a year from now Walt is on the run.

And it really doesn't matter whose name the money was in. The only fact that matters, is the money is gone. It's not as if the DEA wouldn't be investigating Mike, Lydia, Chou, etc. anyway, just based on their association with Gus. The sole reason to mention "the money was in your grand daughters name" was to let us the viewers know why Mike is doing all this. It's kinda clunky writing but it serves it's purpose.

Now as far as Gus's accounts....it's not possible to be 100% "invisible". Let's say Walt didn't kill Gus, let's say he slipped up and the DEA was on his ass....these eps would be more or less exactly the same, because the DEA would uncover his laptop, account info, list of associates, and everything anyway, no matter what Gus did to hide it. Yeah a picture frame isn't the best place, but there is no "best place" if the DEA is investigating you.

Fred.