BREAKING: 5 Million people filed for unemployment last week. 22 million in four weeks.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Theres no easy answer to this situation but these steps would be helpful:

-Govt subsidy to landlords so rent can be suspended or reduced

- create a task force to find out which companies are letting employees work from home and how they're managing.

-A one time loan to businesses that cannot afford the infrastructure to make their employees work from home. They can use that money to hire a disinfection crew that works throughout the day, install automatic doors, and have alternating office days and remote working days to limit the amount of people in the building at any time.

-Get unskilled workers a stipend to go and work as porters, janitors, etc. In hospitals and grocery stores.

- Get more businesses to redirect their production to create medical equipment. New balance is making masks and anheuser Busch is making hand sanitizer. You need to mobilize industry the same way they were mobilized during WW2. Domestic production of goods will have to ramp up and there is no shortage of manpower.

There are models around the world. Gather the data and emulate what is successful and get surgical with this. There will not be a silver bullet that will fix this depression, and yes it IS a depression. This isn't a game. Feds gotta use tax money and work out partnerships with states to enforce social distancing, hygiene and remote working. These are things keeping other places afloat and sitting around humming and hawing isnt going to do shyt. Neither is a 1 time cheque that'll be spent in 24hrs.
This administration is not capable of following through with plans like this

trump is a bullshytter. I
From where? The magical Dollar tree? Already 8 trillion in stimulus packages has been "printed" That's the combined annual GDP of Japan +Germany in TWO months.

If this continues, the international community will lose faith in the US Dollar as reserve currency.

The end result is inevitably hyperinflation and a collapse or WWIII.

no it won’t

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
22 Million people unemployed
Tens of thousands of Americans dead
Stocks crashing.
Economy dead in the water.
Wiped out 113 months of post-recession gains.

Trump's Presidency is an absolute FAILURE. He has no accomplishments other than dismantling the rule of law for his republican overlords. The only accomplishments he did have (a booming stock market, lowest black unemployment, low unemployment) have been eradicated completely.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Trump hasn’t been boasting about the job numbers lately
Nope. Just blaming is CV19 fukk ups on Obama, Hillary Clinton, the Deep State, China, the WHO, the CDC, Dr. Fauci, democrats, anybody that's not him.

Trump has no good news to deliver to people at this point in time. Just excuses, lies, deflections, and attacks on people.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Nope. Just blaming is CV19 fukk ups on Obama, Hillary Clinton, the Deep State, China, the WHO, the CDC, Dr. Fauci, democrats, anybody that's not him.

Trump has no good news to deliver to people at this point in time. Just excuses, lies, deflections, and attacks on people.
He is reacting EXACTLY how I expected him to. His stupid ass doesnt even know what the limits of presidential authority are. This nikka really thinks he a king and the republican party has allowed him to be by going along with every stupid thing hes wanted to do on some "fukk yall I got mines" shyt. I will have zero sympathy for the likes of Mitch McConnell if he gets sick and dies from this shyt. They're all trash.

Daps
How can someone come back to a job that doesn't exist?

The furloughed who’ve put in for unemployment will go back to the companies that furloughed them. Those that were laid off, may go back to the same companies, if those companies survive. Others will find employment with different companies in the industry, but they’ll find employment. And others will remain unemployed. The number that will remain remain unemployed after industries that are currently forced to operate at 20% or less capacity are allowed to do business is less than the total number of people who have filed for employment because of Covid implications.

And where do you think any entrepreneurs will get capital from to start a business?

It’ll come from those sitting on capital now, or competing businesses that were able to weather the storm. Many businesses that don’t survive this will have failed because they weren’t allowed to do business not cuz of a downturn in desire for their services.

and, again, some businesses that were forced to lay folks off will survive this and need to rehire.

And why would you think a new business would hire the same amount of personnel as a mature one?

I don’t think that and never stated that. Don’t put words in my mouth.

I think the number of jobless now (when many businesses cannot operate) are significantly higher than the number that will be jobless after social distancing policies are lifted. I never stated, nor do I think the number of jobless will just return to pre-Covid-19 levels any time soon after the economy is reopened.

I don't mean to be rude-- but some of you need to take an economics class desperately.
Yes, yes you do. Since you can’t see that a large factor in the huge spike in unemployment was due to a policy restriction (many industries immediately being forced to stop doing business/drastically reduce business) and the fact that lifting that policy will also cause a spike in re-employment (even though not as great of a magnitude as the unemployment spike, there will be a spike)

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
It's not an album bruv it's an artwork by Banksy, a British graffiti artist.

I know what I’m talking about. Do a google search on the image.

It’s the album cover for an Old School mixtape that for some reason was pulled out of circulation back in 2014. There’s mixes on that album that I CANNOT find anywhere.

C942-DC9-D-EF39-4-B45-8-D58-B9-AE0-BBDFAA9.png

Last edited: