BREAKING: 2 Shot, Killed Outside Prophet Muhammad Art Event in Texas #ReligionofPeace

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
the supporters of this event already exposed themselves in this thread. apparently my expression of "FREE SPEECH" is appalling to them.

Supporting nothing is not taking a position, chatty patty.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/04/us/gunmen-killed-after-firing-on-anti-islam-groups-event.html?_r=0
Pamela Geller, an outspoken anti-Islam activist and an organizer of the event, said the group decided to hold the event in the Curtis Culwell Center because members had heard that a Muslim group had a conference in the same room after the attack on the Charlie Hebdo office.

Ms. Geller described Sunday’s event as pro-free speech, and said that Muslims had become a “special class” that Americans were no longer allowed to offend.

:what:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Supporting nothing is not taking a position, chatty patty.
i think your government shouldn't persecute you for your opinions.

i think there is nothing wrong with other civilians for policing your views when you would prefer to have no accountability.

i think if you're as smart as you claim to be that you shouldn't be antagonizing people who are prone to violence for reacting to your antics.

personally i don't support either side. however, i'm not going to act like one side was more right than the other. it's not mutually exclusive. they're both wrong. EQUALLY.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i think your government shouldn't persecute you for your opinions.

i think there is nothing wrong with other civilians for policing your views when you would prefer to have no accountability.

i think if you're as smart as you claim to be that you shouldn't be antagonizing people who are prone to violence for reacting to your antics.

personally i don't support either side. however, i'm not going to act like one side was more right than the other. it's not mutually exclusive. they're both wrong. EQUALLY.

Please tell me you aren't another pompous Canadian before I waste my time.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Please tell me you aren't another pompous Canadian before I waste my time.
nope, i was born and raised in california. i actually have studied politics and racial relations in america extensively. i've received awards for my scholarship in both subjects. i'd love for anyone to dispute what i've said about the constitution in this thread though (because there is no disputing it).

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
my bad for using my right to free speech in this thread. hypocritical weirdos.. :childplease:

What's hypocritical about it? Have you been killed yet?

Lol @ using freedom of speech as an excuse, so the guys who support this, do you support the KKK too because freedom of speech breh:camby::camby:

Do I support them? No. Would I advocate and/or attempt to carry out their murder? Not only is that illegal, it's morally wrong. If you're NOT okay with it, how many klan members have YOU killed for the cause? It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet ... are you willing to back up this tough talk, and do something about klan rallies? .... That's what I thought.

And for people trying to defend this stupid event, the sole purpose of the event was to flex the muscles of white supremacy. Just an ego stroking event. Nothing more nothing less. This had nothing to do with free speech. And I bet they're the same "free speech" activists complaining that black people can say the n-word but they can't.

This might be true, but that doesn't make it okay to murk em. That's the only problem I have with the majority here.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
What's hypocritical about it? Have you been killed yet?

Do I support them? No. Would I advocate and/or attempt to carry out their murder? Not only is that illegal, it's morally wrong. If you're NOT okay with it, how many klan members have YOU killed for the cause? It's easy to be a tough guy on the internet ... are you willing to back up this tough talk, and do something about klan rallies? .... That's what I thought.

This might be true, but that doesn't make it okay to murk em. That's the only problem I have with the majority here.
Where did I say it was alright to kill? 2 crazy people out there went for this and fukk them but you are saying it is morally okay to have drawing mohammad art exhibits because of freedom of speech which is stupid. At the end of the day, you are disrespecting their religion, that is very sacred to them. Why would these people go out of their way just to be a$$holes? What point are they proving?

Daps
I truly believe @Napoleon is a spy working to find out more about Blacks and Muslims. How's your research paper going?

There is no other (other than serious mental issues) excuse to your 'behaviour' and you will not take anyone to Guantanamo. No payrise for you!

You hate Muslims so much because the whiteman programmed you to fear them.Draw in fear, call for security. Feign innocence.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I truly believe @Napoleon is a spy working to find out more about Blacks and Muslims. How's your research paper going?

There is no other (other than serious mental issues) excuse to your 'behaviour' and you will not take anyone to Guantanamo. No payrise for you!

You hate Muslims so much because the whiteman programmed you to fear them.Draw in fear, call for security. Feign innocence.
isn't he Indian, they usually hate muslims lol.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
:ufdup:Don't make cartoons of Muhammad.

:ufdup:Don't tell teenagers at a gas station to leave some old lady alone.

:ufdup:Don't smack hornets' nests.

This doesn't address the point I made. Do you think it was wrong for MLK to practice civil disobedience? He received death threats by racists and was eventually killed for those beliefs...but do you think he should have just kept his mouth shut and taken whatever happened to black people?

So basically you're saying "don't do what's right if it might result in some personal harm". Don't smack hornets' nests...smh, give me a break.

Daps
Not really. There are Many Millions of Muslims from India. A quick check will prove this. Muslims are not special to any land, however they are populated in some more than others.

I stick to my spy theory. He has the traits.

isn't he Indian, they usually hate muslims lol.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Where did I say it was alright to kill? 2 crazy people out there went for this and fukk them but you are saying it is morally okay to have drawing mohammad art exhibits because of freedom of speech which is stupid. At the end of the day, you are disrespecting their religion, that is very sacred to them. Why would these people go out of their way just to be a$$holes? What point are they proving?

Fine, then at least we agree on that point. Many posters here seem to think it's a just act to kill someone for offending your beliefs.

I don't know why these people in particular do it, but when this started years ago, the original point was to promote the idea that using fear as a mean to silence dissent wasn't going to work. That people weren't going to be swayed to limit their speech because of terroristic threats. Now personally I'm not going out and drawing pictures of Mohammed, but I agree with this in principle.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Not really. There are Many Millions of Muslims from India. A quick check will prove this. Muslims are not special to any land, however they are populated in some more than others.

I stick to my spy theory. He has the traits.
I know there are, but the nonmuslims from there also usually hate on the religion and criticize it heavily from what I have seen online.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Fine, then at least we agree on that point. Many posters here seem to think it's a just act to kill someone for offending your beliefs.

I don't know why these people in particular do it, but when this started years ago, the original point was to promote the idea that using fear as a mean to silence dissent wasn't going to work. That people weren't going to be swayed to limit their speech because of terroristic threats. Now personally I'm not going out and drawing pictures of Mohammed, but I agree with this in principle.
This is the part I don't understand, it has nothing to do with fear or freedom of speech. Think of it this way, it's like drawing and poking fun of anti-semantic things or maybe a blackface. There is no reason to do it, if we are being technical, yeah you can draw whatever the fukk you want but you just don't do it because the other group is sensitive to it. Even those Charlie Hebdo people stopped making fun of jews after they were sued but when it comes to Muslims it's about "freedom of speech". And you have the dumbasses on the internet who thinks being an a$$hole and a jackass = freedom of speech