Brad Pitt Producing BeetleJuice 2 with Winona Ryder, Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
I never understood the obsession with the 1st one. Why did they need to make another one over 35 yrs later. I was 10 in 88 and thought it was dumb then.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
damn, this shyt sucked. the first one is a near perfect movie, and i liked being back in this world, but i kinda hated this shyt. it wasn't funny, the pacing was all over the place, the musical numbers were fukkin terrible, Keaton felt like a guy doing an impression of Keaton playing Beetlejuice, every new character sucked* and felt tacked on b/c they had to replace Jeffrey Jones and didn't bring back Baldwin and Davis... very few highlights. i expect nothing out of these "legasequels," but i didn't even get the usual, "that was fun, i was happy to see them again, i will forget this by tomorrow" feeling i usually get, only the last part.

*in the end, who gave a fukk about the Corpse Bride, she was disposed of in 2 seconds. who cared about Justin Theroux? the kid took Jenna Ortega to the afterlife, then they just offed him in 2 scenes, wtf was the point of Willem Dafoe's stupid character? Why'd they do Bob so dirty? garbage. they shoulda done Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Im still mad how off this was.

the first film is one of my favs ever

This feels like a mavvel movie. It looks like a marvel tv show. It feels fake. The old beetlejuice felt so lived in, The sets were perfect. The vibe was dark but funny underneath. It was truly dark. Like the whore house. The auditor having the hole in her neck from smoking, the girl killing herself and explaining the afterlife to maitlands and everyone laughing at her “little accident”. Lost souls room. Even the doors and shyt look creepy in og and comical here. Beatlejuice sexually harassing barbara. The creepy hand scene. The snake. None of that.

This is funny with little to zero darkness. Samdworm scene was TRASH. Never seen a more obvious paint by numbers/committee picture in my life.

Again cathrine o hara saved it from being a dumpster fire. She was only one playing the character she was shown as originally. Wynona feels like shes acting bad on purpose.

And to lose great characters like the maitlands, otho, maxy dean, the girls at the table and replace them with throaways is wtf. It has zero grit to it like the first.

Last edited:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it yesterday. There was barely anybody in the theater (last week was packed). Not sure if that's indicative of a massive week 2 drop or if I just saw it at an awkward time (4:30 on Thursday afternoon).

I agree that were way too many subplots and side characters in the movie, that didn't really amount to anything. Did Monica Belluci really need to be in this movie for any reason beside being Tim Burton's girlfriend :comeon: The Jeremy kid sublot was super underdeveloped. It really only existed so that Astrid could learn that she sees dead people like her mother, and to get to the afterlife to meet her father, but he really could have been excluded. I would have preferred if they had Astrid do more with Betelgeuse to get to that point instead of introducing another character whose subplot was underdeveloped.
Willem DaGOAT was a nice addition to the movie, but did his character really need to be there. Same with Justin Theroux. I get why they didn't include Alec Baldwin or Geena Davis from the first movie, but they really glossed over the explanation for why they weren't in the movie.

I didn't think it was terrible, but it was definitely all over the place.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Im still mad how off this was.

the first film is one of my favs ever

This feels like a mavvel movie. It looks like a marvel tv show. It feels fake. The old beetlejuice felt so lived in, The sets were perfect. The vibe was dark but funny underneath. It was truly dark. Like the whore house. The auditor having the hole in her neck from smoking, the girl killing herself and explaining the afterlife to maitlands and everyone laughing at her “little accident”. Lost souls room. Even the doors and shyt look creepy in og and comical here. Beatlejuice sexually harassing barbara. The creepy hand scene. The snake. None of that.

This is funny with little to zero darkness. Samdworm scene was TRASH. Never seen a more obvious paint by numbers/committee picture in my life.

Again cathrine o hara saved it from being a dumpster fire. She was only one playing the character she was shown as originally. Wynona feels like shes acting bad on purpose.

And to lose great characters like the maitlands, otho, maxy dean, the girls at the table and replace them with throaways is wtf. It has zero grit to it like the first.
well said. felt chopped to shyt. "the writer's strike," yeah, i know, but i'm getting tired of that. they had 30 years to make this shyt.

the worst part of the movie was the musical number at the church. first movie had the iconic Harry Belafonte scene. everyone knows that song, and maybe everyone knows the song in this movie (except me) but that shyt wasn't even close. it was too long, and didn't even feel authentic to the way the original scene was where it was the Maitland's haunting the family, here it was just... i don't even know, Beetlejuice lip syncing and then everyone getting possessed to join? horrible. again, maybe i'm the one who should know whatever song it was better, but it needs to be an iconic song for something like that work, especially if it's gonna be 5 minutes+

Conz

Superstar
Daps
the fukk was the point of Astrid getting to see her father if he's barely in it, and there's little closure? he helps them along the way (looked ridiculous btw) but had like 2 minutes of screen time. and if you're gonna do that, how do you cast a nobody and not do some kind of stunt casting? that has to be stunt casting. should've paid Keanu $5 mil for a couple scenes or some shyt.

"Soul Train" was a cute joke that shouldn't have gone beyond dialogue, yet they did 2 long ass dance sequences. shyt was lame. this movie fukkin sucked.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Just watch the original again. Felt like 4 shytty tv episodes slapped together