Brad Pitt Producing BeetleJuice 2 with Winona Ryder, Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Saw this afternoon and dude :snoop:

This shyt is trash. Save your money.

Starts slow and shytty which was a bad sign.

Beetlejuice finally enters and isn't given much to do. Keaton definitely lost the juice over all these years but much of its the terrible writing and directing.

The main problem with this movie is they should have gone full blown with Beetlejuice fukkery but they held back way too much. Keaton should have been let loose on this shyt because there's a moment I thought this movie would finally take off only to revert to mediocre comedy and shyt writing.

Overall this movie was dumb af. Could have done some really fun stuff in the dead world but Tim Burton forgot how to make a fun movie. Dude is trash.

Movie goer beware.

4/10

This 100%, stay away from this movie.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Im diasapointed as og is one of my favs of all time. Never seen a vibe 180 like this from og that worked ever. Wasnt dark. Too 2020 paint by numbers. The female villain was ridiculous she chased him the entire time until the end and does nothing. Hes barely in movie and does nothing funny. Doesnt explain anything. No undertone of horror at all just all flat comedy. It reminded me of matilda how everyone is acting fake. The sideplot with the kid stealing her soul was stupid.

Art style was horrible. No charm of the original at all. No lost souls room. Only good part was being in same town. Soulless. Truly. Keaton is shown in office, he appears, does nothing, brings lydia to spirit realm and dissapears again, reappears at end.

Idk. Im reallllly dissapointed. Worst burton film ive ever seen. Even the animation was wack. Charles plane part was the best part. Sandworms and saturn is a rehash does nothing so much cooler in og. Burton lost his touch i guess. Cgi does him ZERO favors. The lighting is generic. Looks like a fukking tv show.

I wNted to love this movie. Waited damn near 40 years

Whats up with these weird hollywood sequels they want to be bad on purpose? This. Star wars. Ghostbisters reboot, last one was ok but the female one was like 100% flop written all over it. Its like they know they cant live up to hype so dont even try at all. Young girl was best part of this.

Cathrine o hara and wednesday carried this movie on their back. I laughed a few times but the origibal film is so iconic i cant believe theyd shyt on it like this and not atleast give it something extra. Surprised tbey didnt bring back charles. I know he had that CP shyt but he was in deadwood return i remember.

Even the background of the waiting room was boring and so much more lively in the og. I almost cant even believe it.

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Saw this film last night and it was pretty mid. I give it a matinee rating and maybe a low full price rating just for the art design. Story felt like it was written by AI.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Ive never seen the original..lol

shyt never interested me. Think Imma watch the original. Movies like this and Ghostbusters just never interested me

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I think this is a movie I could’ve waited to see. The story is pretty erratic. There’s also scenes I could tell that Burton REALLY wanted in the movie, such as the wedding cake song scene, or when old girl re-animates—because they draggggggged.

Random musings:

Women’s voices don’t normally change in tenor to the extent that Winona’s has. She sounds like a whole different person now.

The only black people in the movie are a gyrating, jingle-jointin’ traveling flash mob. I don’t know if Burton was being ironic, making some kind of meta commentary I didn’t get, or if his implicit biases were showing?

I did peep the commentary about how absorbed people are with their phones. Cute.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Sequels released 20+ years after the original are almost always trash. Top Gun being the sole exception.
You gotta stirke while you still have the juice when making a sequel, most people don't have it anymore 20 or 30 years later.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
It's far from perfect and obviously not as good as the original but I liked it. Its suffers from too many characters and too many subplots in the first half, which made it feel real episodic, more like the first episode of a TV show instead of a movie, but it got better in the second half. I wasn't expecting much tbh, it's not a great movie but I can think of worse ways to spend an hour and forty five minutes