Brad Pitt Producing BeetleJuice 2 with Winona Ryder, Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
especially if the script stayed the same the movie would've still been garbage.
i think people had their expectations too high for this if they think it was garbage. The first one was really fukkin crazy and random...i guess young Lidia was more charming than her daughter, and the singing sequence was better but the movie isn't that different other than having the 80s milquetoast beginning which worked back then.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i think people had their expectations too high for this if they think it was garbage. The first one was really fukkin crazy and random...i guess young Lidia was more charming than her daughter, and the singing sequence was better but the movie isn't that different other than having the 80s milquetoast beginning which worked back then.
My expectations were it be a fun flick. I'm a Keaton fan and I thought he was funny af in the original. 35 Years later he isn't so funny as Beetlejuice. But my main issue was the script/story being beyond trash.

But they were smart to release it and now they have a hit movie regardless of my feelings.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's why I've been dying at the harsh reviews. You can levy most of the same complaints to the OG

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
My expectations were it be a fun flick. I'm a Keaton fan and I thought he was funny af in the original. 35 Years later he isn't so funny as Beetlejuice. But my main issue was the script/story being beyond trash.

But they were smart to release it and now they have a hit movie regardless of my feelings.
i think the movie is better without the 'lidia's significant other' storyline. that just...was there. It would've been leaner, allowed us to get a bit more of the Beetlejuice's ex wife and tighted up the movie. That guy was probably the worst thing in the film.

EDIT: and baby beetlejuice....nah LMAO

Conz

Superstar
Daps
you can boil down the first movie to "dead couple hires ghoul to help haunt the new family that have moved into their house." if you tried to explain the overall plot to this movie, you'd ramble like Trump for 5 minutes. for something that took 30 years, this being what they settled in is insane. wouldn't have even been that hard to garner goodwill like some people are pretending this has. how about you cut all the bullshyt side character stuff and make it "Lydia's kid wants to reach her father in the afterlife, she summons Beetlejuice, Lydia has to save her daughter." too simple? it's not like they went huge with this one, it's just a diarrhea bomb of a script.