Brad Pitt Producing BeetleJuice 2 with Winona Ryder, Micheal Keaton and Tim Burton

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Oh shyt is thats why they did it like that? What happened? I loved it. As a fan of the OG and the cartoon it felt like a continuation of their lives and not a cash grab remake. I agree it does feel like a lot was cut and i wouldve loved 25-30 more minutes just to let the movie breathe and to be in that Burton world a bit longer. I can see them doing a 3rd if they wanted to continue
back in the early 2000's was arrested for :sitdown: with lil boys and CP

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
BleedingCool title says it’s “average and forgettable.” Is this movie that bad? :damn:
Saw this afternoon and dude :snoop:

This shyt is trash. Save your money.

Starts slow and shytty which was a bad sign.

Beetlejuice finally enters and isn't given much to do. Keaton definitely lost the juice over all these years but much of its the terrible writing and directing.

The main problem with this movie is they should have gone full blown with Beetlejuice fukkery but they held back way too much. Keaton should have been let loose on this shyt because there's a moment I thought this movie would finally take off only to revert to mediocre comedy and shyt writing.

Overall this movie was dumb af. Could have done some really fun stuff in the dead world but Tim Burton forgot how to make a fun movie. Dude is trash.

Movie goer beware.

4/10

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Saw this afternoon and dude :snoop:

This shyt is trash. Save your money.

Starts slow and shytty which was a bad sign.

Beetlejuice finally enters and isn't given much to do. Keaton definitely lost the juice over all these years but much of its the terrible writing and directing.

The main problem with this movie is they should have gone full blown with Beetlejuice fukkery but they held back way too much. Keaton should have been let loose on this shyt because there's a moment I thought this movie would finally take off only to revert to mediocre comedy and shyt writing.

Overall this movie was dumb af. Could have done some really fun stuff in the dead world but Tim Burton forgot how to make a fun movie. Dude is trash.

Movie goer beware.

4/10
Beetlejuice is barely in the first movie, too...and doesn't show up until like 30 minutes in. And there's barely anything in the afterlife.

He doesn't do comedy, he does quirky dark.

Burton is very textbook in his writing/directing style - doing it in literal thirds. If it's a 90-page script, Act 1 ends on page 30, Act 2 on page 60.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GW9j0UQWwAA39Vs

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Beetlejuice is barely in the first movie, too...and doesn't show up until like 30 minutes in. And there's barely anything in the afterlife.

He doesn't do comedy, he does quirky dark.

Burton is very textbook in his writing/directing style - doing it in literal thirds. If it's a 90-page script, Act 1 ends on page 30, Act 2 on page 60
This isnt a remake dumb ass. Movie was a mess. Now :camby:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This isnt a remake dumb ass. Movie was a mess. Now :camby:
Dude you have problems with the movie based on a structure that also exists in the first. So either you liked the first Beetlejuice or you didn't. If you liked the first Beetlejuice, he stuck to the same formula for the most part for a sequel. Why would you expect more Beetlejuice when he's only in like 15 mins of a 90 min first movie? You can't dislike a movie for reasons that you were never given to believe would happen? It may not have met your expectations, but to complain about not enough Beetlejuice is ridiculous.

My only problem were the ways the some of musical sequences came in, a little too much gore with Charles that was not needed, and the ex-wife not being fully woven into the other character interactions. Burton usually does a great job making sure that all characters come in and out of the story, seamlessly. She was kinda of on the outside for a good part.

Still very enjoyable.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Dude you have problems with the movie based on a structure that also exists in the first. So either you liked the first Beetlejuice or you didn't. If you liked the first Beetlejuice, he stuck to the same formula for the most part for a sequel. Why would you expect more Beetlejuice when he's only in like 15 mins of a 90 min first movie? You can't dislike a movie for reasons that you were never given to believe would happen? It may not have met your expectations, but to complain about not enough Beetlejuice is ridiculous.

My only problem were the ways the some of musical sequences came in, a little too much gore with Charles that was not needed, and the ex-wife not being fully woven into the other character interactions. Burton usually does a great job making sure that all characters come in and out of the story, seamlessly. She was kinda of on the outside for a good part.

Still very enjoyable.
The first movie works because it's unique and funny. Regardless of Beetlejuice screen time. You don't have geena Davis and Alec Baldwin in lead roles to offset. These new characters are ass. The soul sucker is a useless and dumb character no one gives a fukk about only to show up at the end for 5 seconds.

This movie doesn't work because it's horribly written and ununfunny but when Keaton is on the screen you want more not less. And i never said he wasnt in the movie enough, just he wasn't let loose. His jokes were pretty weak and dialogue atrocious.

Good for you if you liked this dumb ass movie tho.

Last edited:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Fun dumb movie with some great effects from Burton. The wedding scene was epic, almost better than the dinner scene in the original. Not as good as the first but I mean they didn't give the characters much to work with. It's a nostalgia play plain and simple.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Oh shyt is thats why they did it like that? What happened? I loved it. As a fan of the OG and the cartoon it felt like a continuation of their lives and not a cash grab remake. I agree it does feel like a lot was cut and i wouldve loved 25-30 more minutes just to let the movie breathe and to be in that Burton world a bit longer. I can see them doing a 3rd if they wanted to continue

skip to 8:25.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The first movie works because it's unique and funny. Regardless of Beetlejuice screen time. You don't have geena Davis and Alec Baldwin in lead roles to offset. These new characters are ass. The soul sucker is a useless and dumb character no one gives a fukk about only to show up at the end for 5 seconds.

This movie doesn't work because it's horribly written and ununfunny but when Keaton is on the screen you want more not less. And i never said he wasnt in the movie enough, just he wasn't let loose. His jokes were pretty weak and dialogue atrocious.

Good for you if you liked this dumb ass movie tho.
your'e still going on breh? in multiple threads

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Decent movie. I'm glad they had Wynona do a quick recap of the first movie because I ain't seen that shyt in like 20 something years. As I was sitting in theaters I was like damn maybe I should have watched the first one again before checking this out.

Jenna, like always, stole the show, but I didn't like how she met the boy. That felt rushed as hell, but despite all that she killed it.

And Bettlejuice is a pretty busted character. I had forgotten how kind of broken he is.