Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Those white grapes are the only ones I know of. Fresh Prince 5s

AIR JORDAN 5 RETRO "BLACK GRAPE"

most refer to the white version as grapes in general speaking like you did

yeah brehs, thats what i thought.

like 85% of the people in there were copping yeezys.

at some point, dude behind the counter yells out to one of his co-workers, "its whatever... they're asians... so you know how that is"

LozLink

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ain't no one selling the off whites in Sydney. I tried looking around but most sneaker places said they're no receiving them. I wanted them to resell, there's a few pairs on GOAT going for 2k

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
Adidas putting their foot on Nike's neck.....

http://www.businessinsider.com/nike-jefferies-note-2017-8

The competition between Nike and Adidas is getting crazier.

The largest sportswear maker was downgraded from "buy" to "hold" by Jefferies analysts in light of "intensifying US competition" from main competitor Adidas.

"The athletic footwear cycle and Nike brand power are strong, but the competitive landscape should make share gains and margin expansion elusive," CNBC reports, citing Jefferies research.

Adidas has successfully avoided downward trends in the athletic shoe and apparel markets. The brand's innovation and redesign efforts are now hurting Nike.

"Adidas has been successful in leveraging the spark from its fashion retro footwear resurgence into other categories like running and athletic apparel," the note reads.

As of May, Adidas sales were up 74% year over year, while Nike sales declined in the mid-single digits, according to NPD. Adidas has been rapidly gaining market share, and Nike and its Jordan brand were both donors.

The two brands are locked in a bitter battle over a category that has seen soft sales in recent months.

dwade-damn-sip-water.gif

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
We all know nike has too much pride to lower the price of retro jays (which most of us adore).

In lieu of doing so, they'll decrease production numbers and make releases more scattered/scarce all while reducing release output (so instead of seeing cycle times of retro releases ever 3-4 years... they may bump that figure up to 5-6. Creates more exclusivity. While i appreciate the bump in units produced to alleviate the issue of resellers... the climate for retro jordans (or most retro or general nike releases all together) has changed vastly in the past 2 years. Consumers are some fickle fukkers and you have to foreshadow their habits early. Adopt and reposition yourself. Adapt and modify your plans to the behaviors of those who are literally your lifeline (sure you want to appease your shareholders... but if people are buying, those same people who invested in your company will start feeling the trickle effect).

IMO, production is fine. Because i still don't see jordans on everyone's feet like that, even during it's recent height/resurgence (a la 2012-15ish).

Now it's even less mainstream due to the rise of Adidasler.

My remedy for Nike's approach (because i still enjoy Jordans as much as the next guy) is drop it by 20-30 bucks. 160 for jordans is realistic.

Here's some food for thought. This is the first year since 2008 that I DID NOT PURCHASE ONE SINGLE AIR JORDAN SNEAKER!

In contrast... there was a time when i would have doubled up on the BRED 13's, copped the CNY 12's, owned a couple of pairs of 11 and 12 lows, maybe them red toro 5's and the black gold 4's. Really liked those blue suede and wool 12. But i own NONE of those.

Now... i'm buying runners and adi shoes.

It's just the trends, breh.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
We all know nike has too much pride to lower the price of retro jays (which most of us adore).

In lieu of doing so, they'll decrease production numbers and make releases more scattered/scarce all while reducing release output (so instead of seeing cycle times of retro releases ever 3-4 years... they may bump that figure up to 5-6. Creates more exclusivity. While i appreciate the bump in units produced to alleviate the issue of resellers... the climate for retro jordans (or most retro or general nike releases all together) has changed vastly in the past 2 years. Consumers are some fickle fukkers and you have to foreshadow their habits early. Adopt and reposition yourself. Adapt and modify your plans to the behaviors of those who are literally your lifeline (sure you want to appease your shareholders... but if people are buying, those same people who invested in your company will start feeling the trickle effect).

IMO, production is fine. Because i still don't see jordans on everyone's feet like that, even during it's recent height/resurgence (a la 2012-15ish).

Now it's even less mainstream due to the rise of Adidasler.

My remedy for Nike's approach (because i still enjoy Jordans as much as the next guy) is drop it by 20-30 bucks. 160 for jordans is realistic.

Here's some food for thought. This is the first year since 2008 that I DID NOT PURCHASE ONE SINGLE AIR JORDAN SNEAKER!

In contrast... there was a time when i would have doubled up on the BRED 13's, copped the CNY 12's, owned a couple of pairs of 11 and 12 lows, maybe them red toro 5's and the black gold 4's. Really liked those blue suede and wool 12. But i own NONE of those.

Now... i'm buying runners and adi shoes.

It's just the trends, breh.

The stuff you're saying regarding the prices happens already. The prices stay dropping on them for the most part unless you just want to have them right away. Most of the new J's outside the 13's obviously are around 130-150 right now at sneaker spot around me. You just wait a month or so and them bad boys dropping most times