Essential BRAD PIFF'S SNEAKER THREAD

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I will disagree, has nothing to do with designs it goes by production. Jordan is still selling 10 times the amount of pairs Adidas is selling easily, its that they are making 20x as many pairs as well production wise.

If Jordan made 75,000 motorsport 4s they would have sold out in 2mins and reselling for $400+ easily and insane hype, instead they made 225k+, so sure they didnt "sell out" and it wasnt hyped cause resellers couldnt move pairs for $100 over retail, but that doesnt mean Jordan is dying, dead, falling or anything.

There is a reason why Nike has a 3x market cap over Adidas, and a reason why Nike Shares 46% of the sneaker market, where Adidas is behind sketchers are 5%. Nike is a monster, regardless if resellers hate them or not right now.

Adidas makes 6-30k yeezys sells out instant, resell is 2-4x over retail, crazy hype, killing jordan brand...

Jordan makes 225k+ motorsports (for example) sells 150k pairs...75k pairs sit, jordan dead, adidas killing them...

Fact is Jordan brand is destroying adidas money wise and always will be, we just pay attention to the hype but thats not the story on whats going on. Adidas saw this them selves with NMD OGs... SUPER hyped, limited reselling for $600-900+ easy.... they restock and restock, now.. its hard to get $230 for them shyts. So by our terms, are NMDs dead? Nah but resell wise Adidas killed NMDs with 10000 colorways, yes jordan does it but over time, Adidas been killing UB/NMDs last 12 months with so many colorways in a short period, like how Nike Killed foams.
Of course Jordan brand will always sell more they flood the market with their product...but that Jordan/Nike hype ain't what it use to be...and I will disagree that even if those motorsport 4's were limited like that they would have sat cause that colorway is trash...another fail by Jordan/Nike with their recycled bullshyt....if you look at what the younger kids are wearing it aint Nike it's Adidas....Nike will be always #1 but their designs are lacking and they do not appeal to everyone like they once use to....Adidas didn't kill anything but the Roshe...

3f526f53ef31459f38bfbb53f3b1ef8a.png

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Got to agree with @meth68 on this one. If y'all follow Matt Powell he breaks all this shyt down. The hype behind the resell market is barely one half of a percent and really can't even be measured due to it being so small. We are thinking in terms what we see and hype and think that's the whole story when it's not. Adidas releases limited pairs of shoes (Boost, NMDs) and they sell out and go for crazy prices on the resell market. They release these hyped up colorways again and kill the shoe bc 9 times out of 10 they end up sitting. They are pretty much cannibalizing their shoe quicker than Nike. Say what you want about the retro releases and I agree too many seem to come out every month but them shyts sell a whole lot more than just about any adidas. I personally love the ultra boost but I'm not paying damn near 200 for a shoe like that when I can easily grab some Huaraches, Prestos, or Flyknit Ultra AM1s for damn near half and often around 70-80 dollars with the same type of comfort (not saying they are exactly the same comfort wise bc UB are the reigning champs). I heard Adidas will already be killing off the Ultra Boost and will be replacing ti with these FutureCraft4D joints. They only making 5K in December.

Romey Rome

All Star
Daps
Got to agree with @meth68 on this one. If y'all follow Matt Powell he breaks all this shyt down. The hype behind the resell market is barely one half of a percent and really can't even be measured due to it being so small. We are thinking in terms what we see and hype and think that's the whole story when it's not. Adidas releases limited pairs of shoes (Boost, NMDs) and they sell out and go for crazy prices on the resell market. They release these hyped up colorways again and kill the shoe bc 9 times out of 10 they end up sitting. They are pretty much cannibalizing their shoe quicker than Nike. Say what you want about the retro releases and I agree too many seem to come out every month but them shyts sell a whole lot more than just about any adidas. I personally love the ultra boost but I'm not paying damn near 200 for a shoe like that when I can easily grab some Huaraches, Prestos, or Flyknit Ultra AM1s for damn near half and often around 70-80 dollars with the same type of comfort (not saying they are exactly the same comfort wise bc UB are the reigning champs). I heard Adidas will already be killing off the Ultra Boost and will be replacing ti with these FutureCraft4D joints. They only making 5K in December.

I don't own a pair of UB yet but I definitely wanna try the 4d joints. I hope the comfort is the same level or better if they're gonna stop making the UB

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Of course Jordan brand will always sell more they flood the market with their product...but that Jordan/Nike hype ain't what it use to be...and I will disagree that even if those motorsport 4's were limited like that they would have sat cause that colorway is trash...another fail by Jordan/Nike with their recycled bullshyt....if you look at what the younger kids are wearing it aint Nike it's Adidas....Nike will be always #1 but their designs are lacking and they do not appeal to everyone like they once use to....Adidas didn't kill anything but the Roshe...

3f526f53ef31459f38bfbb53f3b1ef8a.png

We are on different pages which is fine, but yes motorsports were an easy sell out at most stores around here and they had 400+ pairs, compare that to when they get 40 pairs of yeezys or 30 pairs of triple black ubs. You may think they were trash but you are alone on this one, a lot of people were waiting on motorsports. Adidas was smart, they hired Kanye and created hype by limited drops, remember cream UBs, Triple White UBs? OG NMDs? All 3 were limited, caused a huge stir in the resell world, Adidas as since killed all 3 with frequent restocks, There are people buying Adidas sneakers there is zero doubt about that, but there are ALOT more people buying nike sneakers.

Stock price does not mean much, look at market cap and also market share its not even close. Matt Powell wrote an article how Nike could sell sneakers for just 1 quarter and stop for the year, and still have a 300% lead in market share over every other company that is selling sneakers for the year. It's all smoke in mirrors, Nike WANTED people to be able to go to stores and find a sneaker on a shelf they said last year that they will do this, and its happening, its still not easy to find your size of a decent GR around here on a shelf, they may have the sneaker but in very limited sizes left after Saturday release, that doesn't mean they flopped it just means Nike made enough pairs. There is still zero chance at the more limited drops to the common sneaker buyer.

You are talking about recycled bullshyt by Nike, they wait years, decades to retro/recycle, where Adidas is waiting months. They restock and redrop NMD/UB's every month, they are killing their own line and they know it, they are smart, they are taking advantage of the buyer while the hype is around, but more and more UB/NMDs are sitting now, where last year you couldnt find even GR colorways.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
We are on different pages which is fine, but yes motorsports were an easy sell out at most stores around here and they had 400+ pairs, compare that to when they get 40 pairs of yeezys or 30 pairs of triple black ubs. You may think they were trash but you are alone on this one, a lot of people were waiting on motorsports. Adidas was smart, they hired Kanye and created hype by limited drops, remember cream UBs, Triple White UBs? OG NMDs? All 3 were limited, caused a huge stir in the resell world, Adidas as since killed all 3 with frequent restocks, There are people buying Adidas sneakers there is zero doubt about that, but there are ALOT more people buying nike sneakers.

Stock price does not mean much, look at market cap and also market share its not even close. Matt Powell wrote an article how Nike could sell sneakers for just 1 quarter and stop for the year, and still have a 300% lead in market share over every other company that is selling sneakers for the year. It's all smoke in mirrors, Nike WANTED people to be able to go to stores and find a sneaker on a shelf they said last year that they will do this, and its happening, its still not easy to find your size of a decent GR around here on a shelf, they may have the sneaker but in very limited sizes left after Saturday release, that doesn't mean they flopped it just means Nike made enough pairs. There is still zero chance at the more limited drops to the common sneaker buyer.

You are talking about recycled bullshyt by Nike, they wait years, decades to retro/recycle, where Adidas is waiting months. They restock and redrop NMD/UB's every month, they are killing their own line and they know it, they are smart, they are taking advantage of the buyer while the hype is around, but more and more UB/NMDs are sitting now, where last year you couldnt find even GR colorways.
If under armour tried to do what adidas is doing it wouldn't work because their designs are trash...Adidas may be dropping limited releases but it's not like the shoes aren't selling themselves....and Nike does not wait long to recycle bullshyt at all and you know this bruh so you can put that to rest....Adidas hasn't seen hype like this since the 80's so they are doing whatever they can to capitalize off that and I can't blame them...but's let not act like their designs aren't a hell of alot better than what nike is dropping....Nike will always remain #1 but Adidas is coming along nicely....from the hype to their collabs....everyone knows what brand is hot right now....

richtree

Top Shotta, None Hotta!
Daps
Reppin
At the top.
There's no doubt that Adidas has been the wave lately, their introduction of Boost in the NMD/UB models has saved them. Yeah a lot of it is hype driven but its given them a chance to somewhat reinvent themselves.

Nike on the other hand has been pretty lazy since coming out with flyknit. When Flyknit Racers/Trainers came out they were hot and then died off suddenly. We had a restock on MC Racers and them shyts sat ..a year ago and those would have caused campouts.

Jordan Brand I feel is somewhat suffering from a hype perspective but that can be cured if the right set of retros drop. Also I think the demographic has shifted to wearing more runners with as it transitions well with fashion/styling (wearing joggers etc)

At the end of the day, they digging our pockets out ..so I guess we taking the L :heh:

meth68

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If under armour tried to do what adidas is doing it wouldn't work because their designs are trash...Adidas may be dropping limited releases but it's not like the shoes aren't selling themselves....and Nike does not wait long to recycle bullshyt at all and you know this bruh so you can put that to rest....Adidas hasn't seen hype like this since the 80's so they are doing whatever they can to capitalize off that and I can't blame them...but's let not act like their designs aren't a hell of alot better than what nike is dropping....Nike will always remain #1 but Adidas is coming along nicely....from the hype to their collabs....everyone knows what brand is hot right now....

It goes on taste bro just like everything else. I dont care about hype, i got access to any pair limited or GR and guess what i wore today? Motosport 4s, wore OG AM 90 infrareds yesterday, Wore Atmos Asics Day before. I for one DONT like adidas design, sure you do, sure a lot of others do but they arent a sure thing vs nike design wise to most. I could care less on sponsors what the next man is wearing but I always go Air Max > AF1 > Nike/Jordan > Other. I dont see the amazing design detail in UB or NMD and dont even get me started on Yeezys lmao.

It will always be a numbers game, get a room of 100, ask who likes nmds 30 will raise their hand, ask who likes Jordan 1s 60 might raise their hand. The difference is the Jordan 1 group been around sneakers forever. A LOT of new sneaker heads are ALL adidas, nike trash, adidas this, adidas that... where were they 18 months ago? I will stick with my AM, AF1, J3s, 4s, XIs and XIIs. Ya'll can keep buying them UBs, adidas have been doing exactly what adidas stans been clowning Jordan for and thats destroying its own brand with colorways, we are already on Triple Black Ultra Boost #4 coming.... #4.... #1 came out what? 12 months ago? :francis:

I will never get into the debate of adidas > nike, Apple > Google, Skinny Jeans > any thing else cause its all preference and I fukkin tend to hate the hype stuff, I wont even start on skinny jeans ill break my kb :scust: lol

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
It goes on taste bro just like everything else. I dont care about hype, i got access to any pair limited or GR and guess what i wore today? Motosport 4s, wore OG AM 90 infrareds yesterday, Wore Atmos Asics Day before. I for one DONT like adidas design, sure you do, sure a lot of others do but they arent a sure thing vs nike design wise to most. I could care less on sponsors what the next man is wearing but I always go Air Max > AF1 > Nike/Jordan > Other. I dont see the amazing design detail in UB or NMD and dont even get me started on Yeezys lmao.

It will always be a numbers game, get a room of 100, ask who likes nmds 30 will raise their hand, ask who likes Jordan 1s 60 might raise their hand. The difference is the Jordan 1 group been around sneakers forever. A LOT of new sneaker heads are ALL adidas, nike trash, adidas this, adidas that... where were they 18 months ago? I will stick with my AM, AF1, J3s, 4s, XIs and XIIs. Ya'll can keep buying them UBs, adidas have been doing exactly what adidas stans been clowning Jordan for and thats destroying its own brand with colorways, we are already on Triple Black Ultra Boost #4 coming.... #4.... #1 came out what? 12 months ago? :francis:

I will never get into the debate of adidas > nike, Apple > Google, Skinny Jeans > any thing else cause its all preference and I fukkin tend to hate the hype stuff, I wont even start on skinny jeans ill break my kb :scust: lol
What I bolded isn't really true at all....Jordan 1's didn't become popular (hype beast popular) till maybe about 5-6 years ago if even that....it was always about XI's....I've been collecting for about 26 years now and I am far from a "new" sneakerhead....some of us like myself get tired of seeing the same old shyt....thats why there are also older heads like myself who like what Adidas is doing....:manny:....