Boyhood - Official Trailer (movie filmed over 12 years with same actors)

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Finally saw it. Liked it a lot more than I thought I would.

Did a great job showing how time flies and there are all these little moments that make up our lives. The mom's breakdown near the end was a perfect summary of life.

Not sure this would be my pick for Best Picture, but I would understand if it won.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The problem with the movie...

The kid turns out not to be that interesting. I understand the movie represents just little moments in our life and how time slips away.

However, I find myself wanting to see scenes of the parents instead.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight :ohlawd:

Now those were great movies.

This movie was good. It does resonate with you afterwards. But again...its just unfortunate that actor just never evolved into something more. Not that he had to incredible or for the character to have an exciting life.

I guess the harsh reality for me is. The actor reminded you of someone you grew up with.....but eventually they become a lame. Then you decide not to hang with they ass no more. :ld::yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
someone please feed me a link for this. me and my girl are trying to watch every best picture nominee. so far, birdman, american sniper, and whiplash. we tryin to peep this one tonight.

PRO BADA$$

http://www.nextmanup.co/
Daps
Reppin
Miami Heat/ New York Hip Hop/ Horror Flicks
someone please feed me a link for this. me and my girl are trying to watch every best picture nominee. so far, birdman, american sniper, and whiplash. we tryin to peep this one tonight.

skip this one and watch The Imitation Game :upsetfavre:

January almost done and you ain't see Cumberbatch stunt?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
skip this one and watch The Imitation Game :upsetfavre:

January almost done and you ain't see Cumberbatch stunt?

imitation game will be watched. watched grand budapest last night. so far whiplash is the one. still have to see boyhood, selma, imitation game. might have to skip the stephen hawking one though

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
this movie is special. something about it has stayed with me well after watching it for the first time. it's one of those movies that i wont forget and be like oh yeah i remember that movie. i loved birdman but it wont STAY with me forever. which is weird because i liked it more than Boyhood. but as the years go by imma remember this movie as a masterpiece. I love Linklater.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just saw this on "On Demand". Agree with what has been said. They had to take a risk on an actor. And unfortunately this kid sound like he was reading a script. Crazy the only Black woman in there was a freak. Movie felt realistic but like was said dude was a bad actor. Good movie just not Oscar worthy.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
pretty good flick....i found the trivia questions and tid bits on IMDB to be very interesting....like how the director signed a contract with Ethan Hawke that gave Ethan the power to take over the film as director if he died within the 12 years....and how each scene of the movie is only 14 mins of filming.....very unique film....:sas1: