Boyhood - Official Trailer (movie filmed over 12 years with same actors)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
this.. especially when the kid hit HS he turned into an whiny emo version of hawke's before sunrise character :scust:

I enjoyed the movie though.. even if it was too long

Not somethng i'd probably ever care to re-visit but I appreciate what linklater did

I give it a 7 as well.. Linklater stans have it at an 8.5 and #88 on IMDB though :mjpls:

Inarritu still better get that best director though :birdman:

The Dutch dvd/blu-ray release has "The Movie Of The Year" plastered all over the front cover. That's not even a critic quote or something, they just put that shyt on there like it's a goddamn tagline. :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Caught it today

Agree with those saying the acting is uneven and it is mundane is spots

BUT.....the second it ended and the screen cut to black, I felt something. I felt like it was special. It really hit me on a personal level. My youth flashed before my eyes in that second....all the things that I miss, that I regret, that I never took the chance to experience.

Now I'm sitting here feeling like I did the day I turned 30. Wondering what my life would have been like if I could relive it.

The movie got me feeling kind of :mjcry:brehs

It may have inspired me to look for something more in life:mjcry:

Its more than a movie

Daps
Its strange how "the best movie you've seen in years" is still an 8 outta 10.

I just watched it. Its long. Its kinda boring. The novelty of the actors being the same for such a long time wears off. He's pretty much about 16 years of age almost 2 hours into the movie...then you realize you have another hour left :snoop: so in that sense i wish it were paced better. like an hour of him in elementary school, an hour in middle school, and an hour in high school or some shyt.

i get it, tho. life is long, boring, and drawn out. so this movie is pretty accurate.

I guess I have to ask myself, if this movie wasnt some 12 year odyssey, if it were just different actors n shyt like a normal movie, would it still be regarded as some great movie? I doubt it.

The movie is definitely worth seeing. But its not something I'll watch again. I predict it wins best original screenplay at the oscars.

Everything you said here.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Caught it today

Agree with those saying the acting is uneven and it is mundane is spots

BUT.....the second it ended and the screen cut to black, I felt something. I felt like it was special. It really hit me on a personal level. My youth flashed before my eyes in that second....all the things that I miss, that I regret, that I never took the chance to experience.

Now I'm sitting here feeling like I did the day I turned 30. Wondering what my life would have been like if I could relive it.

The movie got me feeling kind of :mjcry:brehs

It may have inspired me to look for something more in life:mjcry:

Its more than a movie
Agreed.

When the screen turns black..I felt like....damn...why be depressed over that first love?

He coulda been the fry boy forever, but his mom and dad kept him on point for college.

Getting to college and realizing he could be who he wanted and have friends that were more his style.

The dialogue was great and realistic.

There were some uneven acting jobs but overall I'm everyone did all right.

Damn...this movie hits me. Like...just thinking about my childhood and gm coming of age, man.

:whew:

8.5/10

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I'l probably end up checking this out. tbhis along with American sniper are two movies from the BP nom list i'm wanting to see.

Dominique Wilkins

Georgia Dawg
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
I thought it was good

Story is slowwwww and not a lot to it, unless you grew up with divorced parents like I did then you can relate to a lot of the dynamics

I thought the execution of the movie was incredible.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
really good movie i thought. there'd be time when it was almost like a scene out of my childhood. Like when the Dad is teaching him how to through a football, then i thought about playing catch with my dad a as a kid and then i was like :mjcry:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just finished this I enjoyed it. I do agree it kinda fell flat once he got to high school age but just the concept and the view of growing up was dope.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw this a few days ago.

Loved it.

Probably the best coming-of-age movie of all-time.
I know people will disagree but it was just so well-made. Not a ton of action or anything but I think they captured the experience of growing up REALLY well.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
Saw this a few days ago.

Loved it.

Probably the best coming-of-age movie of all-time.
I know people will disagree but it was just so well-made. Not a ton of action or anything but I think they captured the experience of growing up REALLY well.
yeah it might not be my favorite coming of age story, but it's certainly up there. Movie didn't have a ton of action, but i didn't expect it too.

CoolazzFemale

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Small Town
Watched it Saturday.
Acting was one dimensional
Pace was realistic
Real single parent issues
Normal upbringing in mid class

I give it 6/10. If the acting was better I would have given it a 9.