Boyhood - Official Trailer (movie filmed over 12 years with same actors)

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my friend saw a screening here yesterday night and said it was one of the best movies ever made. its 2hrs and 45 mins long :scusthov:

i'll go see this friday and walk out an hour and a half into it. watch the second part another day :salute:

Sane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London Town
my friend saw a screening here yesterday night and said it was one of the best movies ever made. its 2hrs and 45 mins long :scusthov:

i'll go see this friday and walk out an hour and a half into it. watch the second part another day :salute:
:what: Nothing wrong with a film this long, especially if it's good. At least you're getting your money's worth.

inthebushes

Dont Hate Participate
Daps
Reppin
Byrd Gang
From the trailer I kept getting the vibe that the big titty MILF was gonna smash one of her son's friends:patrice:

patricia_arquette_1_382921.jpg
:shaq:

Spree At Last

All Star
Daps
just got back from seein this one... i thought the first half was great, had a lot of promise, but it sorta fell apart near the end. a bunch of corny useless scenes when mason gets to high school bogged it down, and all of those pseudo-philosophical convos had me like :usure: i understand that he was in high school so we can't really expect anything insightful, but at that point the movie was some 2 hours in and losing me fast. the last third of the movie was full of dialogue that felt like it was cut out of waking life for being too bland and then just reused here.

maybe a 6 or 7/10, not worthy of the hype for me.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
It was a solid film, the fact it was shot over twelve years with the same actors gave it more impact but it's still pretty much a typical coming-of-age flick, with perhaps too few surprises. It ties into what @Spree At Last said above, the first half is great as it portrays the struggles of a young child in a broken family, but once he becomes a teenager it's basically about a teenager doing what teenagers do, and it's not that interesting. The last half definitely could've been trimmed down a bit I think. Anyway, here's some thoughts (the good, the bad, and the random) on the flick.

Mason's Dragonball Z posters and bed sheets as a kid had me sold on the movie five minutes in. :gladbron:

Patricia Arquette's titty meats had me entranced for twelve years, brehs. :whew:

The movie captured the zeitgeist perfectly by simply focusing on one incredibly popular/important thing of that year (Harry Potter, Obama/McCain, Lady Gaga, Facebook, NSA). :feedme:

They had Soulja Boy on the soundtrack. :deadmanny:

The scenes with the alcoholic stepdad were the intense as hell. I really thought he could start giving these kids the beats at any given moment. :damn:

That moment when you realize you're starting to wait for the sister to turn 18. :sitdown:

That moment when she finally turns 18. :shaq:

Linklater shouldn't have changed the title from 12 Years to Boyhood because of 12 Years A Slave, he should've done the bold thing and renamed it 12 Years Of White People, which is what this movie is. :mjpls:

There is a Mexican guy though, and he gets saved by a white woman. :dead:

When Mason finally learns that these hoes ain't loyal. :wow:

Finally, for a movie where characters become twelve years older I couldn't pinpoint a character I'd say deserves the flabby n' sick smiley. Until I realized it's meant for me after thinking about what I've been doing with the past twelve years and it ain't been shyt. :flabbynsick:

:lawd::lawd::lawd:/5

Xtraz2

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, CA
First half started strong, tha end gets kinda redundant

tha mom, going from young/middle aged mother with a nice booty :ahh: , to an older cougar with big ripe mammary glands :noah: How it would feel with those big warm milky jugs pressing against my body and them thick cougar thighs wrapped around my ass cheeks :wow:

tha dialogue wuz very realistic

all in all an enjoyable movie, but make sure you have a lot of free time, it's running time is nearly 3 hours

tha mesican worker dude part randomly meeting them at tha restaurant wuz tha fakest part of tha movie