Box Office Bombs Have Paramount Losing Over $500M in Next 2 Years

King Poetic

W.A.R.(We Are Relentless)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
so i'm sitting here looking at the last several black films that had a low budget and the results which wasn't bad

MEET THE BLACKS... HORRIBLE FILM ANYWAY HOWEVER DID 9 MILLION IN SALES ON A $ 900,000 BUDGET

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK.... BAD MOVIE AS WELL HOWEVER DID 22 MILLION ON A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET

THE PERFECT MATCH WITH TERRANCE J :mjlol::snoop:....... ONLY DID 10 MILLION WITH A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, HOWEVER IT WAS ONLY RELEASE IN 1,000 fukkING THEATERS... SO THE NUMBERS GOOD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BETTER

THE PERFECT GUY WITH SANNA LATHAN..... MADE 70 MILLION ON A 20 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET...

all in all if hollywood open up more theaters when black movies come out especially on a fukking 1 million to 5 million dollar budget these fukks like paramount would be eating good

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You know you can sell these jews on great biblical movies.. all the remakes of classica have been pure trash.. Ben Hurr and 10 Commandments.. and that gawd awful Noahs Ark movie.. my gawd

:mjlol: I totally forgot about that noah's ark movie....

How you have a war movie in the story of noah's ark?!!? :heh: Who be greenlighting these shyts?!!?

Movie's need to be original if it aint epic like Gladiator or Fun like 300 these sand & sandal old reboots revamps suck...

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
The free market has spoken and finally the idea of tent-pole films no longer being a home run is starting to hit the movie industry. Flops are good imho as it shows you are doing something wrong. In this case, TIID left a bad taste in many people's mouths and without Trek being in the consumers memory (ie TOS, TNG area films) then it is hard to gain new viewers.

Demographics have changed and the folks who could see movies pre-recession had disposable income, not so much now. Blu-ray and Chill in a few months versus 20 minutes of trailers and 40 on tix and popcorn....

Even beyond those pitfalls, the movie industry is lazy as is using throwing whatever they can at the wall in hopes of sticking at the cost of quality for the consumer....did the general public really need?:
Jonah Hex
Green Lantern
Hangover 2/3
Pirates 4?
Freddy Remake
FF reboot
Sin City 2
Lone Ranger
Robocop reboot
Spiderman reboots
John Carter
TMNT 2
Zoolander 2
Dumb and Dumber To lol

What's next, Blank Check or Home Alone reboot?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The free market has spoken and finally the idea of tent-pole films no longer being a home run is starting to hit the movie industry. Flops are good imho as it shows you are doing something wrong. In this case, TIID left a bad taste in many people's mouths and without Trek being in the consumers memory (ie TOS, TNG area films) then it is hard to gain new viewers.

Demographics have changed and the folks who could see movies pre-recession had disposable income, not so much now. Blu-ray and Chill in a few months versus 20 minutes of trailers and 40 on tix and popcorn....

Even beyond those pitfalls, the movie industry is lazy as is using throwing whatever they can at the wall in hopes of sticking at the cost of quality for the consumer....did the general public really need?:
Jonah Hex
Green Lantern
Hangover 2/3
Pirates 4?
Freddy Remake
FF reboot
Sin City 2
Lone Ranger
Robocop reboot
Spiderman reboots
John Carter
TMNT 2
Zoolander 2
Dumb and Dumber To lol

What's next, Blank Check or Home Alone reboot?
What's TIID?

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
so i'm sitting here looking at the last several black films that had a low budget and the results which wasn't bad

MEET THE BLACKS... HORRIBLE FILM ANYWAY HOWEVER DID 9 MILLION IN SALES ON A $ 900,000 BUDGET

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK.... BAD MOVIE AS WELL HOWEVER DID 22 MILLION ON A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET

THE PERFECT MATCH WITH TERRANCE J :mjlol::snoop:....... ONLY DID 10 MILLION WITH A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, HOWEVER IT WAS ONLY RELEASE IN 1,000 fukkING THEATERS... SO THE NUMBERS GOOD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BETTER

THE PERFECT GUY WITH SANNA LATHAN..... MADE 70 MILLION ON A 20 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET...

all in all if hollywood open up more theaters when black movies come out especially on a fukking 1 million to 5 million dollar budget these fukks like paramount would be eating good

suicide squad was a black movie
too

will smuth the gawd :blessed:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think a lot of these studios are burning money.

You see some films with a 200 million plus budget and you see one with a 100 million budget and the difference in cgi quality and number of action sequences is neglible.

Even batman v superman. I swear they could have made the same film for 150 million that they made for 250 million.

That dumb ass ending fight scene probably cost 100 million cause it lasted 20 damn minutes...lol

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

:dahell: I didn't know any of these number

Congrads to "Black Hollywood"

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY

Alot of these studios use small budget black films to fund the bigger films they put out.. They've been doing this since blaxpoitation films.... MGM got themselves out of financial trouble with the blaxpoitation genre. back in the early 70's.. It's why black movies don't get big budgets but they will greenlight a movie like Ben Hur. that no one cares about

Don't be surprised if Paramount starts doing the same especially knowing they have Fences coming out during awards season which is almost guaranteed to be a success considering the possible nominations.

Last edited: