Box Office Bombs Have Paramount Losing Over $500M in Next 2 Years

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Is that Area 51 figure right? They made $7,556? How is that even possible? :mjlol:
Only played in 16 theatres.

Odd too you'd think they would have pushed that one. It was from the writer/director of paranormal activity which is the film that launched Blum house into what it is.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think a lot of these studios are burning money.

You see some films with a 200 million plus budget and you see one with a 100 million budget and the difference in cgi quality and number of action sequences is neglible.

Even batman v superman. I swear they could have made the same film for 150 million that they made for 250 million.

I was thinking more about the effect in CIVIL WAR.... that was also a 250M film yet it had some of the most cheapest looking CGI I've seen. Some of it looked like it was from 2001. Whereas DEADPOOL only had a 45M budget and the CGI blended in flawlessly. Especially with Colossus.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I was thinking more about the effect in CIVIL WAR.... that was also a 250M film yet it had some of the most cheapest looking CGI I've seen. Some of it looked like it was from 2001. Whereas DEADPOOL only had a 45M budget and the CGI blended in flawlessly. Especially with Colossus.
Honestly haven't even watched civil war yet.

Marvel films are :russell: to me. Can't even remember the last time I watched 1 in theatre.

I'll dl it when it leaks and see if I can notice what you mean :jbhmm:

Deadpool looked good for what it was. You could definitely see where they cut budget but honestly it worked for the film,gave it a gritty street level look instead of polished and fake.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Arrival will fail , seem like a Contact (1997) type movie .

Definitely. I was intrigued at first but definitely has that contact, sphere look. Looks like a rental.

The last movie they compared to Contact made $675 million :sas1:

Regardless this is a smaller movie, it's only budgeted at $50 million (just for comparison sake Contact was $90 million almost 20 years ago) It will be fine.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The last movie they compared to Contact made $675 million :sas1:

Regardless this is a smaller movie, it's only budgeted at $50 million (just for comparison sake Contact was $90 million almost 20 years ago) It will be fine.

I'm sure you are talking about interstellar, interstellar was epic tho :blessed:

I liked Contact also, Contact was more dialogue and mystery, I think the generation now may find that boring.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure you are talking about interstellar, interstellar was epic tho :blessed:

I liked Contact also, Contact was more dialogue and mystery, I think the generation now my find that boring.
Villeneuves last 2 studio films made money off similarly small budgets. He has the juice IMO so i think it will be a success. Not a smash but I think it will do fine.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Villeneuves last 2 studio films made money off similarly small budgets. He has the juice IMO so i think it will be a success. Not a smash but I think it will do fine.

Had to google that name,

I can go with that , Sicario and Prisoners was tight , looks like he will direct the new Blade Runner also.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
so you're telling me that these billion dollar companies aren't keeping track of the hundreds of millions they spend on promoting these big budget films????? :mindblown:

that lack of accountability wreaks of gross incompetance.

These the same people who just out of nowhere made a Ben Hur remake...so nothing should surprise you...

Every person I have ever met says the exact same thing about that movie "why was this made?"

These are also the same people who called conjuring 2 a surprise hit after the first one was a smash hit and the spin off did very well...

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's why Blumhouse are probably loved by studios. They have a micro budget of like 5-10M (even less in some cases) and usually make that back and a shytload more in the first weekend.
I mean, look at this shyt man
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Budget---------Gross
cbbaef78a20eb30b0b12e7cb630b8316.png

With the Paranormal Activity movies, they barely totaled 30M to make and have grossed close to a billion dollars. Insidious franchise got a budget of like 20M and has grossed over 300M.
Blumhouse:cape:came thru and Snoop Dogg the Building:leon::banderas: