Box Office Bombs Have Paramount Losing Over $500M in Next 2 Years

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
so i'm sitting here looking at the last several black films that had a low budget and the results which wasn't bad

MEET THE BLACKS... HORRIBLE FILM ANYWAY HOWEVER DID 9 MILLION IN SALES ON A $ 900,000 BUDGET

FIFTY SHADES OF BLACK.... BAD MOVIE AS WELL HOWEVER DID 22 MILLION ON A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET

THE PERFECT MATCH WITH TERRANCE J :mjlol::snoop:....... ONLY DID 10 MILLION WITH A 5 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET, HOWEVER IT WAS ONLY RELEASE IN 1,000 fukkING THEATERS... SO THE NUMBERS GOOD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BETTER

THE PERFECT GUY WITH SANNA LATHAN..... MADE 70 MILLION ON A 20 MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET...

all in all if hollywood open up more theaters when black movies come out especially on a fukking 1 million to 5 million dollar budget these fukks like paramount would be eating good
@King Poetic. thanx for breaking down how Black movie make bank on a measly budget:ohhh:

....while I'm a horror/whodunnit buff; it's encouraging to see WE are breaking Hollyweird studio myth:myman:

And, no wonder Marlon/Sanna keep making the same films over and over again:patrice:

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Also, with that math it seems like it would make more sense to produce a bunch of small or mid budget movies with higher profit margins rather than these expensive joints. Do they really expect every movie they put out to gross over 500 million? Sounds like they want to flop. But I'm sure they have a reason for it...
Don't you look at movies and ask yourself where did they rack up the expenses? When you see they spend more on marketing than the production of the movies, doesnt your antenna go up?

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Also, with that math it seems like it would make more sense to produce a bunch of small or mid budget movies with higher profit margins rather than these expensive joints. Do they really expect every movie they put out to gross over 500 million? Sounds like they want to flop. But I'm sure they have a reason for it...
Maybe for the tax write off :yeshrug:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Maybe for the tax write off :yeshrug:
Yeah I think it's gotta be something like that. Or maybe their exec contracts are structured so that they get paid more from larger budgets.

Or maybe theyre just skimming/stealing money on the low

Spin

All Star
Daps
Yea the whole myth of black movies don't make money is a joke. Who do you think consumes entertainment the most in general on a % basis?

Barbershop 3 (this is the third leg of an extended franchise)
budget: $20 mill
box office: $55 mill

Straight Outta Compton
budget: $50 mill
box office: $201 mill

Wedding Ringer
budget $23 mill
box office $80

Dope
budget $7
box office $18

The real sweet spot are the studios that realize catering to multiple "minorities" is the way to go. Look at Furious 7

Furious 7
budget $190 mill
box office $1.5 billion

Yes it got a bump since Paul Walker died, but that was the 7th damn movie. Look at the audience breakdown
"numbers from Universal Pictures revealing that 75 percent of the film’s North American audiences were non-Caucasians. Breaking down those numbers further, the report says that 37 percent of the total audiences was Hispanic, African-Americans represented 24 percent, Asians registered 10 percent, and 4 percent were defined as "other.""

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is exactly what I was talking about in the "Suicide Squad" Thread about budgets and how they work. Paramount is clearly having a terrible year which is why they beg Michael Bay to come back for "Transformers V: TLK". It's because these budgets are out of control and people aren't going to "Repeat" views like they did in the past. If they kept their budgets in check they would turn a profit on some of these movies. "Turles II" was a headscratcher because it was in a nice slot and the first movie reboot actually did very well. I think it got lost in the summer shuffle and it didn't seem to bring much new to the table even though there was more action. If they do a third film they got to scale down the budget.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Deadpool did it right. A pretty modest budget and focused more on storytelling, and made a fukkload of cash because it had shyt that actually interested moviegoers.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
A string of terrible movies can and will kill a franchise. Just look at Batman after Schumacher

Even doe their not making the movies, DC is taking an absolute beating as a brand because of WB's incompetence
Except the critics don't equal the audience.

Bvs has been selling crazy on dvd/blu ray. It's been #1 for over a month straight on home release. The #2 selling is the killing joke. They're also #1 in comic sales right now.

'Batman V Superman' And 'The Killing Joke' Are Dominating DVD Sales - Heroic Hollywood

The majority of the audience liked mos,bvs and ss. You can check any websites audience score. In fact theirs proof out there that the biggest discrepancy between critic and audience reaction in comic book film history is #1 ss and #2 bvs. What does that tell you?

'Suicide Squad' Is the Most Divisive Superhero Movie in Modern History

Harley quinn comic sales exploded.

Harley Quinn #1 Sells Over 400,000 Copies

You guys are giving way too much credit to critics and a vocal minority while ignoring the numbers and facts.

Wonder woman and Justice League are going to clean up at the box office no matter what the RT score is.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
For anyone interested in Hollywood accounting and inflated budgets, there's the infamous Order Of The Phoenix leak which gives some major insight in Hollywood accounting. I'm on my phone right now so I can't look it up but on paper that movie lost money even though it almost made a billion worldwide.