Box Office Bombs Have Paramount Losing Over $500M in Next 2 Years

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
For anyone interested in Hollywood accounting and inflated budgets, there's the infamous Order Of The Phoenix leak which gives some major insight in Hollywood accounting. I'm on my phone right now so I can't look it up but on paper that movie lost money even though it almost made a billion worldwide.
How dare you speak of Harry Potter you hoe

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I don't get it. if a $135M budget movie makes $240M, how is that a failure????

is the $105M in profit not enough????

lately i been reading the marketing budgets sometimes are not included in the budget.
which is why they have been so gung ho about flops as of late.
as they reportedly stopped pr'n the marketing budget to keep the cost of the budget in pr from seeming so distant to reach.

art barr

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
How dare you speak of Harry Potter you hoe

paowgzp.jpg

Make almost a billi worldwide but end up "losing" 167 million on paper, brehs.:ducreux2:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Alot of these studios use small budget black films to fund the bigger films they put out.. They've been doing this since blaxpoitation films.... MGM got themselves out of financial trouble with the blaxpoitation genre. back in the early 70's.. It's why black movies don't get big budgets but they will greenlight a movie like Ben Hur. that no one cares about

Don't be surprised if Paramount starts doing the same especially knowing they have Fences coming out during awards season which is almost guaranteed to be a success considering the possible nominations.

blackploitation movies created the actual blockbuster and they took the formula and profit margins and applied it to their white hollywood take on film.

they take everything from us and they eliminate us from film because film is the most profitable medium to invest in.
which is why they won't let black people create white teen highschool romances or coming of age white films.

as we could easily tap into their market and build higher profits using their models.
yet, the industry is hard coded so this never happens.

art barr