Bout to start watching Game of Thrones tonight from the beginning....

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah trust me, once you get a few episodes in, it's unstoppable. Top notch writing and tv at work

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Me either. We watched the first episode last night AGAIN and outside of some t*ts, I still didn't get the appeal. Neither of us has any idea who the characters are our what's going on. I'll try another episode tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with it.
I literally just said once you get passed the "lore" of the first few episodes you begin to understand who's who and whats what...

Nobody knew wtf was going on in the first few episodes unless the read they books. shyts not that hard..

There are a bunch of families, some rich, some not, all are rulers of a certain area but respond to one person who is above the entire kingdom. So basically, everyone is trying to position themselves or certain family members into that ruler position (except the Starks in the beginning). And thats basically a rough draft of the entire premise of the show.

Only thing is that there is so much extra bullshyt going on between the families, outside the families, inside the families, etc., and a lot of people get fukked up because of it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
first few episodes felt like typical medieval fantasy to me, but by the middle of season 1 i was a fan. i'm completely not a fan of this genre but GOT supersedes all my hangups and reservations...shyt is GOAT :banderas:

also, like the first reply, no one gives a fukk...coulda posted this in the other 643565 "starting GOT threads" :ufdup:

Daps
Me either. We watched the first episode last night AGAIN and outside of some t*ts, I still didn't get the appeal. Neither of us has any idea who the characters are our what's going on. I'll try another episode tonight, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with it.

That's the root of the problem. If all you see is a bunch of CaCs with weird names talking on screen and don't get all the shyt that's being shown to you, you won't be able to get into it. That's why I say keep watching, cuz if you do end up getting hooked, you'll rewatch these early episodes and really appreciate how much is being revealed with each line.

I know for me, a lot of those white folks looked alike and i couldn't keep it all straight, too many characters looked alike, but because I had the coli (not this site at the time) when I watched live, I had folks to explain what was going on each week without spoiling shyt for the most part, so maybe that's why it was easier for me to hooked earlier on. Many people don't even realize that's brother and sister at the end of the first episode (I know I wasn't even certain on first watch) :dead:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Game of Thrones has been described as a medieval fantasy show for people that don't like medieval fantasy. That's the main thing I stress to people that go "but I don't like this kind of shyt." But if you actually sit down and stick with it, you'll soon see that it's not evil elves and unicorns and dragons or any other preconceived notion that you have about what a fantasy show is. It's more in line with The Sopranos than Lord of the Rings.

You just have to realize, those first few episodes, or really the first half of the first season is world building. It's slowly introducing you to all of the families, their lore, their history, their connections, because all of those things will fuel the fukkery and political infighting for the rest of the series.

So if you can't sit down and actually pay attention and soak in the "boring" setups, then it might not even be worth bothering. This isn't the show to watch while browsing snapchat or facebook. There are hundreds of characters and dozens of houses, and a lot of lore that is described in single conversations and throw away lines. Once you have that shyt soaked in, you'll be hooked when the drama kicks in.

Daps
Episode 1 of season 7 was trash to me breh. Sorry i don't echo the popular opinion shared amongst you and your booty buddies.
nikka, I don't really care if people like GoT or not, but you just proclaimed a season is trash when there's literally only one episode out....that's hilarious.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Also it might help (it did for me) if you watch with a map. Geography is really important in the early seasons, but sometimes it's hard to know where people are because after the first episode, they do away with listing the location of the scenes. For instance, I thought
when Joffrey got bit by Nymeria, that they were in the woods outside of King's Landing. I didn't get that "the riverlands" were a separate region from the capital. There were tons of little things like this that I missed when I innitially watched season 1. A map handy would have helped with understanding things a little more, a little sooner.

I use this map even now.

tdgbk20.jpg

I'd be weary of using wiki's because of major spoilers but it's also helpful to read the recap of each episode after you're done watching it, so you make sure you didn't miss anything. At least for the first half of the season when you're still learning names, locations, and conflicts. Start with episode 1.

Winter Is Coming - Wikipedia

Just don't click on any other link:whoa:, just click the "next" link when you want to read the summary for the next episode.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
nikka, I don't really care if people like GoT or not, but you just proclaimed a season is trash when there's literally only one episode out....that's hilarious.
Again, i proclaimed episode 1 was trash, not the entire season.

Stop putting words in my mouth in order to dap fish.

thank you.

trillanova

The Truth
Daps
I still for the life of me can't understand how people do not like this show...

If you like fukkery then you will like this shyt

nikkas think it's all fairytales and shyt but no.. This is some grade A medieval fukkery.

It took me a minute to get into it as well so I understand. But once you get past the "Lore" shyt in the beginning (start understanding who is in what set, the history, the kingdom, etc.,) and pick a side that you wanna fukk with this shyt turns into prime USDA fukkery...

Word. I think the hardest part in the beginning is remembering who's who and why things are the way they are. The writers literally drop you into a world where so many things have already occurred and have been set. You have to get used to the dialect and conversations you feel like really don't have shyt to do with you. In certain ways you feel left out and don't even know why you're here.

It takes time to understand your position as the viewer which is different from person to person. You'll like things for different reasons and that's the beauty of the show. Everybody is watching the exact same thing but it's almost like choose your own adventure in a sense where you put yourself in different characters and make your own meaning of decisions and consequences that are made.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Watched SEasons 2-6 in like 2 weeks. shyt was epic.

That being said, this new Season 7 episode is trash
Wasn't trash but I expected more...

Wasn't bad though, I think it connected certain shyt and set up certain shyt.

We know that Dany and Jon HAVE to meet now, trying to figure out the "Gift" dude is gonna give Cersei, Whitewalkers got deeper, Dany is now on the same coast as these cats, Arya is on her own mission, etc.

I was expecting more but I think it will come. Season 6 was my favorite season so far though

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I don't see how anyone isn't hooked after the opening scene of the first episode. :mindblown:

Yeah I watch Season 1 before every season premiere. Its still so damn good. That first scene was all I needed.

For the virgins... GoT is more 48 laws than sorcery. More Machiavellian than magic. Plus the writing is superb.