Bouncing idea's 🏀: 2024 NBA Off-Season: Key Decisions and Developments

Theo Penn

on that Earl Stevens wine
Daps
And they found another loophole

Resign players with extensions before the salary cap goes up, so when the new TV deals arise and the cap raises, those extensions will be looked as discounts

Boy Wonder is handing out contracts like hotcakes
:wow:

Nabs

Superstar
Daps

Resign players with extensions before the salary cap goes up, so when the new TV deals arise and the cap raises, those extensions will be looked as discounts
Also: "Ain't my money.
rR0wG6h.png
" - Wyc

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
That's assuming that the cap will increase enough to help offset those contracts and the luxury tax penalties.

Knew you would chime in on this

Guess this means that Derrick White is a goner

Negative :deadrose:

The contracts for the star players don't match up season to season. Jaylen's $300 mill didn't even kick in yet, and Tatum's would not kick in until 2025. Jrue's new contract is low for the 1st 2 seasons. So they can still sign Derrick White. That is by design. And the Celtics owner said they willing to go into the Luxury tax

Celtics haters and their wishful thinking :ufdup:

Owners always say that until the reality of the bill kicks in and then it's a different story.

I don't necessarily blame them when you're looking at a $400+ million dollar luxury tax bill.

:laff::laff: :laff:

You have been wishful thinking on the Celtics for damn near 4 months now. Time to give it a rest:pachaha:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Knew you would chime in on this

:laff::laff: :laff:

You have been wishful thinking on the Celtics for damn near 4 months now. Time to give it a rest:pachaha:
You mean the same Celtics I defended all playoffs long even when other posters on this site tried speaking of their demise and how they weren't "battle-tested"?

Also the same Celtics that I defended for years saying that they should have kept the Brown/Tatum core together even when people said break them up and tried pitting them against each other.

Try that narrative with someone else :mjlol:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Some people will literally say anything :unimpressed:
And I know there's gonna be some people in here that agree with him cause Boogie is very overrated on this board (despite being a very good player)

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Market is kinda harsh, I think the changes in the CBA got a lot of people on the outs as teams are restructuring financially. Tyus still hasn't gotten a contract Pat Bev is going to Europe, I dunno whats going on with Fultz but they just added KCP.. WE waived Shamet ages ago and he still hasn't gotten a team. I think there's no money for now to give those guys the contract they want.

It'll be interesting how it all plays out. Does the player take a short term contract and then when the market stabilizes take a longer one...? How will teams manouver in this space to pick up guys who don't have deals yet and don't want to go over seas like Pat Bev ( who has been over seas before so it isn't daunting)

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
It's been a while since i've watched him and never attentively, but for a 25 year old 6'5 dead-eye three point shooter... getting a 1 year deal from a team hard capped to sign anyone...

...is he one of those Buddy Hields types that doesn't really give you anything outside of a 3-ball?

I think everyone taking short term deals till the market stabilizes with the new rules in place

Daps
Reppin
Denver

I mean it’s not a loophole. It’s just being willing to blow though the second apron to lock yourself into the same team for the foreseeable future. Boston has the talent to feel good about doing that, and the added advantage of the team being for sale, so someone else gets to foot that luxury tax bill.

Not saying it’s a bad thing either. I wish the nuggets would’ve done it with KCP.

But also, the suns will do it and fukk over their franchise for years.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Market is kinda harsh, I think the changes in the CBA got a lot of people on the outs as teams are restructuring financially. Tyus still hasn't gotten a contract Pat Bev is going to Europe, I dunno whats going on with Fultz but they just added KCP.. WE waived Shamet ages ago and he still hasn't gotten a team. I think there's no money for now to give those guys the contract they want.

It'll be interesting how it all plays out. Does the player take a short term contract and then when the market stabilizes take a longer one...? How will teams manouver in this space to pick up guys who don't have deals yet and don't want to go over seas like Pat Bev ( who has been over seas before so it isn't daunting)
Depending on the player age let’s say under 28 leaving the league is a death sentence.

You basically forced to take a short term/cheap deal. Especially if you want to continue getting NBA checks for the next 6-8 years

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I mean it’s not a loophole. It’s just being willing to blow though the second apron to lock yourself into the same team for the foreseeable future. Boston has the talent to feel good about doing that, and the added advantage of the team being for sale, so someone else gets to foot that luxury tax bill.

Not saying it’s a bad thing either. I wish the nuggets would’ve done it with KCP.

But also, the suns will do it and fukk over their franchise for years.

I still don't know why this is still a talking point narrative. Maybe it's a way for Non-Celtics fans of teams to feel better about their situation since "even the owners don't want to pay the tax bill"

Only ONE owner out of a group of 20+ owners wants to sell, Wyc. And one of the owners still on the ownership group (Steve Pags) is begging to take Wyc's stake of the team. Let this corny narrative die already lol