Bothem Jean’s family created a scholarship only for Caribbean students in the US.

Akae Beka

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So nobody in here actually read the link posted? There were 2 scholarships developed. One by the family and their foundation for students who have luves in the Caribbean at some point. So, if you were born here to Caribbean parents, you would not be given preference over any ADOS.

"Established by Bertrum and Allison Jean of St. Lucia, in memory of their son Botham Jean. Preference shall be given to students who now, or at any time in the past, lived in the Caribbean."

From looking at their foundation page they seem very connected to St. Lucia so that scholarship of theirs makes sense.

Now the other scholarship was established by his school, Harding University, through their College of Business and his former employer PWC for "underrepresented students". Says nothing about preference. And I see regular American black people with others. Yall can go search and see if they're all ADOS since that's so important.

Paul R. Carter College of Business announces recipients of Botham Jean Scholarship | NEWS
It's usually the same suspects running to these threads, mouth watering when they read(well see) headlines like these.
It's more so a Gotcha and acts of ingenuity than actual concern.
Pretty sad actually.

Glorious

All Star
Daps
Two way respect hasn’t been demanded in so long that it doesn’t even cross the mind of internationals that they’re being disrespectful and opportunists.

Build the wall. After ten years of border enforcement they’ll be ready to practice real pan Africanism

/end thread

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The wiseman goes to a PWI with white folk money, sir :mjpls:

Here’s an example tho.

This is a group specifically for African American outreach and it’s based exclusively in cities without Black immigrants. In order to get this scholarship, you must be part of the group.

This one is specifically for African American women.

And honestly it goes on and on..If you go to the financial aid office at your school the lady will give you a big ass packet and usually turn to the end of it and you’ll find hundreds of scholarships for different types of Black people.

It sounds like I provided a link specifically for African American men and women and you’re trying to make it something other than its stated claim because you were proven wrong. That type of maybeism dont fly in a PWI:mjpls:.

This is like nikkas in here somehow saying that Asian kids are gonna get a Caribbean scholarship :russ:

JAMAICAN AMERICANS,
HAITIAN AMERICAS, NIGERIAN AMERICANS ETC ALL QUALIFY FOR THESE AS AFRICAN AMERICANS YOU DUMB MUTHAfukkA.

THATS LITERALLY THE WHOLE POINT
OF CREATING DISTINCTIONS LIKE
FBA & ADOS.
:devil:
:evil:

timeless

All Star
Daps
Sounds like it's meant to help people coming from the islands? Is that a bad thing?

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
I didnt even finish college.... I dropped out in my sophomore year

You'll never see me crying for a scholarship or a job.

Try again.
It’s not simply about the scholarships, it’s about the mindsets behind the scholarships and the blatant hypocrisy with them. You’re being purposefully obtuse bro cut the shyt

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes

JAMAICAN AMERICANS,
HAITIAN AMERICAS, NIGERIAN AMERICANS ETC ALL QUALIFY FOR THESE AS AFRICAN AMERICANS YOU DUMB MUTHAfukkA.

THATS LITERALLY THE WHOLE POINT
OF CREATING DISTINCTIONS LIKE
FBA & ADOS.

Making up your own definitions against the stated aim of the scholarship is just as meaningless Because if it was called the tariq nasheed jollof jumpoff scholarship you would make the same erroneous claims about who is getting it lol.

Reading builds strong bones.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I still remember how after Travyon Martin died, people were talking creating and supporting Black owned (as in Black American) businesses, our own institutions, etc.

Nowadays... people just point to what other groups are doing like "seeee?"... see WHAT? :what:

And the REAL irony is the Tariq gifs/smilies thrown in. Cause people definitely haven't spent the past two decades fundraising his projects :huh: I mean the model/practice is deadass in front of you, but let's keep funding movies/museums/etc and tell ourselves "pEoPlE WiLL sAy iT's DiViSiVe" if we funded scholarships instead.

:dead:

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Hold up… I went to college and I have NEVER heard of a scholarship that was ONLY for black Americans and excluded other black people throughout the diaspora. If I’m wrong, I’m ok with that but point me in the direction for them please.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Making up your own definitions against the stated aim of the scholarship is just as meaningless Because if it was called the tariq nasheed jollof jumpoff scholarship you would make the same erroneous claims about who is getting it lol.

Reading builds strong bones.

Applicants must be:

• Must be a 100 Black Men Chapter mentee or affiliate as verified by the local Chapter

• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident

• Must currently be or planning to enroll in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate student

:scust:POSTING LINKS
YOU DIDNT EVEN READ.

YOU LITERALLY DONT
EVEN HAVE TO BE A US CITIZEN
LET ALONE A NATIVE BLACK AMERICAN
YOU DUMB MUTHAfukkA.

YOURE DONE.

KILL YASELF AND STAY THE
fukk OUT OF OUR BUSINESS.

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes

:scust:POSTING LINKS
YOU DIDNT EVEN READ.

YOU LITERALLY DONT
EVEN HAVE TO BE A US CITIZEN
YOU DUMB MUTHAfukkA.

YOURE DONE.

KILL YASELF AND STAY THE
fukk OUT OF OUR BUSINESS.

Kill myself yet YOU didn’t read the qualifier above which is that you must be a member of this African American outreach group which the original poster asked for.

Applicants must be:

• Must be a 100 Black Men Chapter mentee or affiliate as verified by the local Chapter

You the worst type of fakkit.

Talk done.