Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

Battle Beast

Over 9000!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jerz
This thread long AF I never had a problem with Boston as far as people acting racist towards me but I used to live in Salem so I had everything up there I needed for the most part.

Go shopping in Danvers, get my Jamaican food in Dorchester, get my haircut in Lynn from the Dominican barbershop, Lowell had a good amount of those Cape Verdean girls. Getting one felt like finding a unicorn :wow:

I remember the first day I got to Boston I spent it walking most of the city. I was working in the North End around the corner from the Garden. Boston has beautiful ancient looking architecture especially around North End and Beacon Hill. There was always college parties around Cambridge :wow: nothing but good times and memories for me in Massachusetts:wow:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Patrick is definitely plugged into the Black Harvard network. Though it has an international reach, it definitely has a component of people who grew up in Mass. or who settled there to live/work after completing their studies.
Black students, professors, and alumni at the school with the largest endowment, and perhaps the biggest profile. Seems to suggest that several Black people exist in the power structure in metro Boston and across Mass.
They would surely have helped Patrick to get elected.
So given the large black voter base in Boston, why no black Mayors like in other major cities with large black voting blocks? What it takes to be voted in as Mayor of Boston is very different than Governor of MA. Boston has a very nice tax base, and a community promoted Black Mayor would push more funding in the Black areas of Boston and the white folks with money ain't having it. A Black Powerbase requires more than a handful of Harvard lawyers, but community leaders and black business owners, but the black business owners in Boston aren't necessarily ADOS, and just as likely to back an Irish or Italian candidate as an ADOS one. The diversity in Black folks in Boston makes it less a cohesive political voting block than other cities.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
So given the large black voter base in Boston, why no black Mayors like in other major cities with large black voting blocks? What it takes to be voted in as Mayor of Boston is very different than Governor of MA. Boston has a very nice tax base, and a community promoted Black Mayor would push more funding in the Black areas of Boston and the white folks with money ain't having it. A Black Powerbase requires more than a handful of Harvard lawyers, but community leaders and black business owners, but the black business owners in Boston aren't necessarily ADOS, and just as likely to back an Irish or Italian candidate as an ADOS one. The diversity in Black folks in Boston makes it less a cohesive political voting block than other cities.
Thread title states the % of the population that the Black residents of Boston make up about a quarter.

.,I see that whites make up about 52 %.

Let's say that % of registered voters,,and source of all campaign donations is EQUAL to the number . 26% of voters and campaign contributions were from the Black community.

If the total Black population of Boston were made up AAs (no foreign descent Blacks) ,,and your candidate received all the votes and political contributions, that wouldn't be enough to carry a candidate to becoming mayor, even in that best case scenario.

And the reality is that the % of registered voters, and the % of money going to campaigns will be less than that 26% share of the population.

"Would have had several Black mayors by now, were it not for split ethnic make up of the Black voters?" HOW?

Last edited:

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
It's could be 50% blk it don't matter

Type of nikkas with a playlist with kid rock, Lenny kravitz, and Eminem 😂😂😂

Daps
Boston would probably have a black mayor had Andrea Campbell and Kim Janey not split the black vote. If Janey dropped out, I’m fairly certain Campbell would be mayor.

:francis:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Perhaps, I just had a brother earlier who didn’t know his state began as a French colony. There’s most definitely a lack of knowledge .

but if you recall, after emancipation there was a drive by the burgeoningcapitalist class to keep Southern Blacks freemen from leaving, as they constituted the trained workforce.

I think that same playbook is currently being used by MAGA/alt right groups to create this Southern black voting powerhouse bisected by the mason dixon. Consider the way that posters will take an attack on the south as an attack on Black people, but an attack on Massachusetts, the home of Frederick fukking Douglass is fair game. Boston is Blacker than Houston TX, now imagine a nikka making this thread.

If you can get nikkas into this kind of factionaliasm, then you have votes (“cuz Tariq said Trump is for us so if I don’t then I’m a African tether“) and more importantly you have the mind and culture of the people..They will tell me that my entire linguistic heritage is the product of Southern whites from mfing Scotland and that our traditions are jumping the broom or eatin Mac and cheese, European culture…Meanwhile my people never been further than Virginia. You see how dangerous that is? If I wasn’t hip I would react violently, which is what you see with the regionalism and Dias wars.
Regarding the member who was from one of the states carved out of the Louisiana Purchase or former French Canada territory, hey we all have to start from somewhere. Ideally we learn and move beyond that starting point.
Track that member's comments in the future to see if they reflect a person who is learning and growing.

About the anti-Boston sentiment, all you can do is correct or inform somebody if they attempt to erase or downplay the history and contributions of the AAs from your state and region. Some of us are here to learn from each other, others are only interested in embracing ignorance. The online wars are misdirected anger. People are powerless against the real enemy,so they take the frustration out on people who look like them.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Why the fukk y'all think that, new jack swing and a bunch of rnb groups popped off from here

Patrice grew up here :patrice:

cost of living is like nyc give or take a few dollars

Women are 50/50 either she cool peoples or a stuck up as bytch but they fine no cap

So you live in a city that you admit is just as expensive as NYC, where half of the women are stuck up (your words) and it’s cold as shyt half the year???

Nah you got it bro :pachaha:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
So you live in a city that you admit is just as expensive as NYC, where half of the women are stuck up (your words) and it’s cold as shyt half the year???

Nah you got it bro :pachaha:
It’s only cold from January-March, you jacking it

Shorties from atl are a lot more stuck up but y’all love it down there still

The whole northeast is expensive, ct is even more expensive and there ain’t Jack shyt there

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
It’s only cold from January-March, you jacking it

Shorties from atl are a lot more stuck up but y’all love it down there still

The whole northeast is expensive, ct is even more expensive and there ain’t Jack shyt there

January to March :mjlol: nah I’ve done a long weekend after Thanksgiving up there before, and I went to a Sox playoff game (October). Like I said, yall got it

Boston summers are great tho, but I go there to visit, not live.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
January to March :mjlol: nah I’ve done a long weekend after Thanksgiving up there before, and I went to a Sox playoff game (October). Like I said, yall got it

Boston summers are great tho, but I go there to visit, not live.
Maybe I’m used to the cold, still feels warm to me by November :yeshrug: it don’t really start until January