Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Columbus, Ohio very close to becoming 1/3 Black, if it aint already.

Keep tellin yall it's gonna be the Atlanta of the midwest:banderas:

What's the difference between Cleveland and Columbus though? A high black population don't mean much if it's a lot of crime.:mjpls:

Might have to switch my location to see what black woman are out there.:mjgrin:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
What's the difference between Cleveland and Columbus though? A high black population don't mean much if it's a lot of crime.:mjpls:

Might have to switch my location to see what black woman are out there.:mjgrin:
Crime picked up in Columbus, but Cleveland is one of those cities where you really gotta be careful.

I'm on the side of a city being safe as the #1 priority for me at least. I'd love to live in a city where Black ppl are the majority, but that is maybe #2 or #3 on my list.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
There’s a calculated push on Coli to downplay or downright erase Black history north of the mason dixon, noticed that in particular with Boston and New York, very disheartening and disrespectful but I understand, they did the same thing to Blacks after the civil war all political science.

Boston has had Blacks since before most of you nikkas joined the union , today concentrated throughout Mattapan, Dorchester and Roxbury..A VERY large area where almost everyone u see will be Black (dorchester Exception).

Not really a concerted effort. It's due to the same ignorance that fueled the regional wars and the dias. wars.

Some people have NEVER read, or cared to read anything about History. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, because your interests are your interests.

But for some strange reason, these SAME people who never cared about History, try to weigh in on discussions about .........History.

Its always been glaring and obvious. That's what drives the uninformed takes and narratives about different cities, regions, countries. Ignorance.

Last edited:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
Not really a concerted effort. It's due to the same ignorance that fueled the regional wars and the dias. wars.

Some people have NEVER read, or cared to read anything about History. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, because your interests are your interests.

But for some strange reason, these SAME people who never cared about History, try to weigh on discussions about .........History.

Its always been glaring and obvious. That's what drives the uninformed takes and narratives about different cities, regions, countries. Ignorance.
Perhaps, I just had a brother earlier who didn’t know his state began as a French colony. There’s most definitely a lack of knowledge .

but if you recall, after emancipation there was a drive by the burgeoningcapitalist class to keep Southern Blacks freemen from leaving, as they constituted the trained workforce.

I think that same playbook is currently being used by MAGA/alt right groups to create this Southern black voting powerhouse bisected by the mason dixon. Consider the way that posters will take an attack on the south as an attack on Black people, but an attack on Massachusetts, the home of Frederick fukking Douglass is fair game. Boston is Blacker than Houston TX, now imagine a nikka making this thread.

If you can get nikkas into this kind of factionaliasm, then you have votes (“cuz Tariq said Trump is for us so if I don’t then I’m a African tether“) and more importantly you have the mind and culture of the people..They will tell me that my entire linguistic heritage is the product of Southern whites from mfing Scotland and that our traditions are jumping the broom or eatin Mac and cheese, European culture…Meanwhile my people never been further than Virginia. You see how dangerous that is? If I wasn’t hip I would react violently, which is what you see with the regionalism and Dias wars.

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Perhaps, I just had a brother earlier who didn’t know his state began as a French colony. There’s most definitely a lack of knowledge .

but if you recall, after emancipation there was a drive by the burgeoningcapitalist class to keep Southern Blacks freemen from leaving, as they constituted the trained workforce.

I think that same playbook is currently being used by MAGA/alt right groups to create this Southern black voting powerhouse bisected by the mason dixon. Consider the way that posters will take an attack on the south as an attack on Black people, but an attack on Massachusetts, the home of Frederick fukking Douglass is fair game. Boston is Blacker than Houston TX, now imagine a nikka making this thread.

If you can get nikkas into this kind of factionaliasm, then you have votes (“cuz Tariq said Trump is for us so if I don’t then I’m a African tether“) and more importantly you have the mind and culture of the people..They will tell me that my entire linguistic heritage is the product of Southern whites from mfing Scotland and that our traditions are jumping the broom or eatin Mac and cheese, European culture…Meanwhile my people never been further than Virginia. You see how dangerous that is? If I wasn’t hip I would react violently, which is what you see with the regionalism and Dias wars.
I hear what you're saying but to act like a Black person will feel more comfortable in Boston over Houston just cuz percentage wise it's Blacker isn't telling the whole story. The Black American culture in Houston is stronger.

There are just way more Black people overall in the Houston area than in Boston and that matters since Black people aren't just thinking about living in the city center. They might wanna live in the burbs and still be around a lot of Black people. You can get that more in the states below the Mason Dixon line than in northern and West Coast states.

Daps
Mattapan, Dorchester, Roxbury

Stop going to the north end or southie that’s not black
They’re concentrated in Dorchester, Roxbury and Mattapan, but you will run into black people everywhere. I’m from Cambridge, and there’s a good amount of us out here, too.

Massachusetts is the best state to live in if you’re black.

:francis:

Daps
I hear what you're saying but to act like a Black person will feel more comfortable in Boston over Houston just cuz percentage wise it's Blacker isn't telling the whole story. The Black American culture in Houston is stronger.

There are just way more Black people overall in the Houston area than in Boston and that matters since Black people aren't just thinking about living in the city center. They might wanna live in the burbs and still be around a lot of Black people. You can get that more in the states below the Mason Dixon line than in northern and West Coast states.
Considering Houston is in a shythole like Texas, I would absolutely feel more comfortable living in Boston. And there are plenty of black people living among the suburbs of Boston. Brockton is majority black.

Daps
Not saying they don't but I haven't seen enough black folks to substantiate the # of 26%. I'd say it's closer to like 15% at best

The suburbs of Boston are really really white and most Black folks tend to stay in their neighborhoods. So walking around downtown, Seaport, Fenway, etc, it’s easy to not appreciate how many Black people reside in the city limits

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They’re concentrated in Dorchester, Roxbury and Mattapan, but you will run into black people everywhere. I’m from Cambridge, and there’s a good amount of us out here, too.

Especially Central Square and parts of Alewife. Cambridge is fitness city. I love how they shut down Memorial for walkers, runners, and bikers.

The Gentleman

Always a Gentleman!
Daps
Reppin
Being a Gentleman

That’s a powerful shyt that you smoking. Because either one, you don’t travel much or to you get high before you come on here and post bullshyt like this. There’s no fukking Way Massachusetts is the best state for Black people.