Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

Daps
I 100% agree with everything in this post except for the Black Mayor part.

Black Bostonians were overall majority ADOS before the late 70's/80's.
Why wasn't there any black mayors back then?
Massachusetts has had a two term Black Governor from January 4, 2007 – January 8, 2015.
If a capable black challenger was to make a run for mayor I believe they would have a strong chance of winning.

So given the large black voter base in Boston, why no black Mayors like in other major cities with large black voting blocks? What it takes to be voted in as Mayor of Boston is very different than Governor of MA. Boston has a very nice tax base, and a community promoted Black Mayor would push more funding in the Black areas of Boston and the white folks with money ain't having it. A Black Powerbase requires more than a handful of Harvard lawyers, but community leaders and black business owners, but the black business owners in Boston aren't necessarily ADOS, and just as likely to back an Irish or Italian candidate as an ADOS one. The diversity in Black folks in Boston makes it less a cohesive political voting block than other cities.

Boston hasn’t had a Black elected mayor cuz they keep splitting the Black vote not cuz they’re “just as likely to back an Irish or Italian candidate as an ADOS one”

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Why the fukk y'all think that, new jack swing and a bunch of rnb groups popped off from here

Patrice grew up here :patrice:

cost of living is like nyc give or take a few dollars

Women are 50/50 either she cool peoples or a stuck up as bytch but they fine no cap
That explains the funny style company he kept. :mjpls:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Boston in the new decade is around ~21% black but that's still a sizable population of over 140,000 black people in Boston...

If you add for the (in my opinion, rightful) assumption that the black population nationwide is undercounted, Boston is around ~24% black...

I've been here, I thought it was dope. Lot of wiggers though. But you can tell when you're in The Bean it has plenty of black folk, I think the perception that it doesn't is based on how White Boston has long been marketed in pop culture...

After DC and New York, it would be the place in the Northeast I'd rate as best for black people. There's a number of places nationally, especially in the South, that I think are greater living experiences for black people, though...

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Boston in the new decade is around ~21% black but that's still a sizable population of over 140,000 black people in Boston...

If you add for the (in my opinion, rightful) assumption that the black population nationwide is undercounted, Boston is around ~24% black...

I've been here, I thought it was dope. Lot of wiggers though. But you can tell when you're in The Bean it has plenty of black folk, I think the perception that it doesn't is based on how White Boston has long been marketed in pop culture...

After DC and New York, it would be the place in the Northeast I'd rate as best for black people. There's a number of places nationally, especially in the South, that I think are greater living experiences for black people, though...
Since being here it just feels like the black people here are foreign black people and no offense to that but it’s different

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Since being here it just feels like the black people here are foreign black people and no offense to that but it’s different

Are you in Dorchester/Roxbury? How do the foreign black folk relate to you?

Another thing I noticed about Boston, is it's noticeably segregated like most northern cities. The black and Latinos stay among each other and white people stay away...

What are some of the biggest differences between Boston and Cleveland since you've lived in both now? I can speak on being a visitor to both bit I've never lived in either...

s@n

All Star
Daps
This thread long AF I never had a problem with Boston as far as people acting racist towards me but I used to live in Salem so I had everything up there I needed for the most part.

Go shopping in Danvers, get my Jamaican food in Dorchester, get my haircut in Lynn from the Dominican barbershop, Lowell had a good amount of those Cape Verdean girls. Getting one felt like finding a unicorn :wow:

I remember the first day I got to Boston I spent it walking most of the city. I was working in the North End around the corner from the Garden. Boston has beautiful ancient looking architecture especially around North End and Beacon Hill. There was always college parties around Cambridge :wow: nothing but good times and memories for me in Massachusetts:wow:
Flaames might be the best Jamaican spot in New England, portion and taste wise

I'm very sad the Middle East is gone.