Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
What’s the Boston Hip Hop scene like?

Gotta be the most untapped major city on the East Coast in regards to Rap music, even DC and Baltimore have been making noise for quite some time and both cities didn’t used to fukk with Rap like that once upon a time, most especially DC.

What are some veteran rappers (other than Guru and he was basically an honorary New Yorker), classic songs, rising artists, underground artists, and current hot songs that BOS got on deck?
Cousin Stizz is alright

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Hilarious seeing new yorkers talk about a racist city. They visit boston, leave unscathed then go home to nyc to get choked out or shot down by white cops:bryan:

yup Boston is different they are filled with nice white cops who are understanding of black residents

:bryan:

Dumb ass post of the year award lmao

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I was surprised to learn Houston and Dallas were less than 25% black too breh.

DC brehs complain about it not being chocolate city anymore and it's still at 45% for black population.

Plus landwise (square mileage) Houston and Dallas are bigger than some of our counties in Maryland (probably Massachusetts too)

They juking the stats!!!

*This is the part where I would post my coked up Michael Irvin smiley :francis:
22% black out of a population of 2.2million(Houston) and 1.2million(Dallas) and those percentages only count the city limits of both cities. They don't count the burbs of Houston and Dallas which would probably ad another couple hundred thousand more black ppl. Hella black satellite cities in DFW and Greater Houston. Missouri City Texas, Mesquite TX, Fort Worth has it's areas, Sugarland, Etc.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
My point was that Black folks in Boston are practically invisible, its like cacs have yall cowering in a corner like bytches.

yall nikkas have little to no national footprint for it to be 26% of yall there (unless that 26% is counting islanders/FOBs, then it all makes sense after that).

Outside of New Jack Swing, what are other Black cultural exports outta Boston?

Even crazier is I cant even think of any Black athletes from Boston. Even Cac and Asian ass Seattle and Tacoma have pumped out Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, Zach Levine, Marcus and Desmond Trufant, Dejounte Murray, Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, etc...
Patrick Ewing is from Boston. Nerlens Noel. Dana Barros too. But yeah they don't have a lot of great athletes. A lot of great black athletes played in Boston though like Bill Russell, David Ortiz, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, etc. For a sports town they don't produce athletes. :patrice:

Malcolm X also spent his formative years (14-21) in Boston, that's where he became Detroit Red and was mostly in the streets. MLK went to Boston University.

Last edited: