Boston is 26% Black (Unofficial Boston Thread LFGI)

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, I have mixed feelings about Boston and Massachusetts as a state. It does have a :mjpls: vibe to it. Same could be said about nyc and the whole tri state area around it depending on where you go. I'm a bit biased about the nyc area but Boston seems cool overall. After my two trips over there to Boston, its growing on me. Same as how DC did but nowhere beats the NYC area. Maybe Miami but NYC and the surrounding area is hard to beat.

The vibe I also got is that the powers that be pretty much likes to amplify certain groups and silence other groups. I basically couldn't find any rap or r&b stations on Boston except for one that played both. I thought that was odd among other things I noticed. It is very segregated and they do a good job covering whatever issues Boston has. I dont have family or know anybody over there so I had to go by what I seen, gathered and was told in convo by people i spoke to while traveling over there.

But yeah, it's worth the trip considering they got legal weed. Heard they got cannabis cafes that's supposed to be opening up soon.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
don't engage b. caribbean people been in the us for over a century but these folks won't acknowledge. alot of ados folks view non aa blacks as lesser, as you can see in this thread and this website.

anyway, there's a lot of African American people and history in Boston/New England (think about Roxbury) but these nikkas hate "foreigners" so much that they will ignore it.
It's not the hatred of foreigners that makes them not acknowledge AA history and contributions in Boston and New England. Some individuals just don't know. I've been heavy in the history debates/discussions since I've joined the site and each ethnic group/nationality has people who know about their history/culture and those who don't.

While everybody should be proud of who they are and where their people come from, this online flag waving stuff is just surface level. I saw it among Haitians during the bicentennial, saw it among different African/Caribbean groups during anniversary of independence, and we are witnessing elements of it in the modern era online.

Person who didn't know or care about their history before, isn't going to start now. That's why you have a Nigerian American OP having to correct/explain to some people about African American history in Boston.

Last edited:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
it was never about bashing ADOS, the article son put up I wasn't too sure about because in my experience every black I personally know here is doing ight be it ADOS, carribean, or African. Again if your job is to talk shyt with no actual contribution to this thread you can leave and get the fukk up outta here :camby:

Check my post history as being a year removed from college I'm doing solid on my own so eat shyt :pacspit:

I’ll be in Boston next summer and I’ll come to your city and fukk all your hoes stop bruh :unimpressed:

:francis: im sorry beloved I dunno why the AADOS family is behind read (non-immigrant black) despite going to the same schools as us

I know you just graduated college so you should understand basic reading comprehension. Your quote above was definitely a shot at AADOS. You just said ADOS is behind yet now you’re saying theyre doing all right. Which is it? :patrice:

You didn’t even read the article first but you made that assumption.

Last edited:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I’ll be in Boston next summer and I’ll come to your city and fukk all your hoes stop bruh :unimpressed:

I know you just graduated college so you should understand basic reading comprehension. Your quote above was definitely a shot at AADOS. You just said ADOS is behind yet now you’re saying theyre doing all right. Which is it? :patrice:
Ight pull up if you can keep up that is :youngsabo:

It wasn't a shot. You're reading into to much. I should have said guessed because if you read the article it describes the exact group of black people they're referring to and even then I still don't believe that article in its entirety

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Ight pull up if you can keep up that is :youngsabo:

It wasn't a shot. You're reading into to much. I should have said guessed because if you read the article it describes the exact group of black people they're referring to and even then I still don't believe that article in its entirety
I highly doubt the median income is that low as well. Just felt like you were trying to say ADOS kids are behind non-ADOS.

I’m not with that division shyt. I have Africans and Caribbean friends that I’d do anything for but I don’t like when the former and latter tries to shyt on us.

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
nikkas love having opinions about cities they ain't been to. nikkas stay talking shyt about Boston on here and wildly misinformed. At this point I don't really gaf. Its mfers on here living in spots that's white at but wanna talk down :unimpressed:

gtj1982

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
America's Darkside--210
I'm from Texas but have lived in the Boston area since 2007. Top 3 most racist places Ive been to. Brehs mistake smashing "pawgs" for equality:jbhmm:

Boston proper maybe 26% black but we know all the whites live in all the little suburbs around the city. Boston had the fewest black middle class neighborhoods of any major city.

Boston. Racism. Image. Reality: The Spotlight Team takes on our hardest question

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The household median net worth was $0 for Dominicans (that’s not a typo either.)

Damn, take away the Red Sox players who are D.R. and that number would be even worse!!!
nsIVIvL.gif

just jokes...I know it was median, not average

Daps
Harvard and MIT low key threw the best black parties in town. Most boston nikkas are desert thirsty so it's easy to pull them hoes if you just played it cool

this is so true. Nothing against brehs who’re socially awkward and focused on their studies, but sistas from MIT and Harvard were easy to bag for regular brehs from the hood in Cambridge, since many of the women at these school thought their male classmates were squares. :mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Back then I was on some attention whore male thot shyt

And I use to run shirtless thru Brookline and Brighton to work out :wow:

White hoes would cat call me
I got #s just doing that:wow:
-----

I had a gym membership
At this expensive ass fancy gym off Commonwealth Ave right down from Bos Univ

The main cardio area had a big ass window where people could watch u work out from the sidewalk
Hoes would tap on the window to get my attention and have their # written on a sheet of paper:wow:

shyt happened a few times too:wow:

1 time this white dude tapped me to get me to look cause I wasn't paying attention
So I could read the note the Bih was holding:wow:
That 1 moment in time
I was like:picard:
You aight sometimes white guys:ehh: